Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

CaptainCrunch posted:

So the bit where I said I have all such settings on the actual forum turned off swung right past you eh?

It's turned off. And yet the Awful app displays them blue.

Tried logging out and logging in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Any timeline on the next update and what it'll include?

Two words: Private Messages.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
1.11.0-6:

Still can't tell the diff between read and unread posts in Dark Mode.
Orange bookmark unread post indicator is.... different.

IP-based forums switched over flawlessly for me!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Diabolik900 posted:

That's for consistency with the site.

To be honest, I haven't read unmodified forums in years since SALR for Firefox was introduced. I have no clue what the plain forums look like anymore.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
1.11.0-6, new bug. Log out causes a crash. You probably already have it via autoreporting but here's my console output:

2013-04-02 03:26:56 +0000 Awful *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'Object's persistent store is not reachable from this NSManagedObjectContext's coordinator'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x314692a3 0x3918697f 0x31268039 0x31262ca7 0x31228edf 0x31229743 0x9ae41 0x9aa1f 0x332bc54d 0x332af025 0x332a9d79 0x332a8d27 0x332a5bf9 0x3343d2b5 0x9a0cf 0x313ba037 0x31cd0599 0x31cd405b 0x86007 0x8d2ff 0xdc2f1 0x33286ab3 0x332fb8ef 0x33030c01 0x3959d4b7 0x395a21bd 0x3143cf3b 0x313afebd 0x313afd49 0x34f862eb 0x332c5301 0x8b157 0x84960)

As for the bookmark colors, I don't actually use them. I now know they're an option and through fiddling with them tonight I know that by default everything is flagged orange, but I don't have them enabled in my user options so why push them into my interface?

Would it be possible to default to blue or have a user picked color if bookmark colors aren't enabled in the user's options?

Edit: I guess I just don't understand why a hitherto unknown-to-me forum feature that I don't use in normal forums usage is being pushed onto my mobile usage.

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 2, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

It's been pushed on to your mobile usage for months if not years, you just didn't realize it :)

edit: That said, Awful's loving up when that option is set to "no", so I'll fix that up for sure.

Could the "no bookmark color" option still show blue to keep the color in line with the title bar across the page? :3: Orange just looks wrong.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Beelzebozo posted:

Just to speak up for the possible silent majority here: I have been using bookmark coloring since it was introduced and would very much like to keep it. Thanks.

I don't think bookmark coloring will go away, but right now it's implemented and working whether you have it enabled forum-side or not. I didn't realize the color of the unread posts indicator on the bookmarks page was due to the bookmark coloring feature of the forums, I just thought it was part of the UI. I don't have bookmark coloring enabled and I don't see myself using it, so I would be forever grateful if what I had previously assumed was the "default" look of Awful was used for the UI for those who don't currently use the coloring feature. (Or somehow made available as an option :3:)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Since I made a big stink about it, I figured I'd poke at all the thread color stuff in 1.11.0-7.

If the option is turned off, the bookmarks screen shows all the unread post indicators in blue (:holy:).

If the option is turned on and no colors are changed from the default, the bookmarks screen shows all the unread post indicators in blue but the default forums color is orange. Works as described in the changelog.

If the option is turned on and at least one color is changed from orange, the bookmarks screen shows all the unread post indicators show the correct colors.

For the record, grey is not a valid color. It is "unbookmark the thread." I lost (and rebookmarked) two threads trying to figure that one out :v:

Also, logging out works again!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

Haha this might be the first unsolicited report of that working. I'm so glad to hear it!

(I'm sure I've managed to break it in the next version...)

Testing picture function, 1.11.0-7!

Edit: worked on the first go!

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 7, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Chuck Bartowski posted:

For some reason this keeps happening today

Force quitting fixes it temporarily and I have no idea what I'm doing differently than normal.

That's a known issue. It occurs when you pull to refresh then click a tread while the "Loading..." bar is still there. When you go back to Bookmarks, the "Pull to Refresh" bar is stuck until force quit and relaunch. The workaround is to let the refresh finish before clicking a thread.

It is fixed in the latest beta, 1.11.0-7!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

I think I'll be unhelpful guy and ask that you try the next version out, see if it's fixed. If it's still broken holler back!

It's doing some weird poo poo in Beta 1.11.1-1.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

Good to know. I'll check it out, might be a phone-specific thing.

I'll do more testing and get you some screen shots. I poked around at it this morning and it was doing some weird post-skipping stuff in that thread centered around the post that tooooooo bad linked to.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

That would definitely be ideal, and it's technically possible. I'll have to think on it.

I'm quoting this fine gentleman only to announce that while you've been downloading and installing Awful 1.11 over the last 24 hours or so, he's already cranked out TWO betas with bug fixes.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
My PMs are fine. :colbert:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

edit: I was going to snark it up about y'all using a two-year-old operating system, but the anniversary's next month, so snark withheld!

You're such a nice guy :3:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

I can't seem to trigger this. It works fine on my own posts, so it's not a blanket issue with the logged-in user. And it worked fine on your posts in the thread you linked. (Whoever suggested following a copied URL when switching to Awful: I use it constantly in the simulator. Good call.)

Edit: same issue here. Awful beta 1.11.3 #6

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 9, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
New minor nitpick that only applies to beta testers: If I click on a link to a forums thread in Awful Beta, it'll open in Awful :v:

Nothing that needs addressing, just though it was interesting.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

Except I just remembered the thread tag downloader looks up a domain I bought, so without a $10 annual outlay (or a one line code change), that feature stops working. If anyone wants to cover that, and is ok with eating paypal/whoever's fees on such a small transaction, go for it!

PM me your paypals plz.

Also, for the non-beta-testers:

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 25, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

I enjoy the crash reports because they just say <redacted> all over the stack trace. They're monumentally useless.

That's fascinating and frustratingly ridiculous.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Smoke Crack posted:

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not but when you're probated and try to reply to a thread, the app will give you an error message saying the thread is closed.

The effect of probation is that all forum threads are essentially closed for the probated user. App works as designed?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

jojoinnit posted:

Round every corner.

For great justice

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

SaucyLoggins posted:

Is there any way to get access to the beta app?

No, it's all mine! <:mad:>

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

tehloki posted:

I like how there's currently somebody who can't turn sigs on and somebody who can't turn sigs off.

I haven't seen a sig on the forums (including Awful) since I turned them off in the control panel back in Aught-Three.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Ack, I hope the jb still works when I get home. :ohdear:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

tehloki posted:

s anybody testing release candidates on a 4s? I would gladly volunteer to test beta builds on one if not.

I test the beta builds on my 4S :3:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

This is a decision that literally nobody has commended, so I imagine we'll switch back at some point. Or at least provide the option of doing so.

I quite like my teeny tiny system font (got my slider full left), but won't be heartbroken if we go back to controlling font-size in-app again. :)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

The Dave posted:

I was also taken back by how many people didn't understand that button and didn't tap it to see what happens. I do think it's a bad looking button though.

B-b-b-but if you press butan without knowing butan, things may happen!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

Is there anybody who prefers the old way of sorting bookmarks (that is, strictly by date, without grouping threads with unread posts at the top)?

I like it but I don't care if they get sorted by read/unread. But don't you dare go changing circle colors again :bahgawd:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

withak posted:

There had better be some fuckin refunds coming after this mess.

I'm suing for my money back with treble damages!!! <:mad:>

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Anya posted:

Came to check what was up with the error code. Glad to see that the fix is in the pipeline.

Is there a reason why I can read my bookmarked threads but not the actual threads? I get that it's because of the announcement on the password thing screwing everything up, but I was just curious what was making the app still update those.

The error occurs when trying to list the threads in the forum along with the Heartbleed announcement sticky. Your bookmark page doesn't have the Heartbleed sticky, so it updates just fine. The bookmark page jumps directly to the thread, bypassing the sticky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I was running 2.0.9 beta 3 and updated to 2.0.10 beta 2 and now the beta app crashes every time I try to open it. Falling back to 2.0.9 beta 4 worked though.

• Locked thread