Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

People I respected took years to find out about swiping from the edge. Made me sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Same on iPhone. Plays if you tap the date and open the tweet in web view.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm not a graphic designer but there's gotta be some way to show avatar text on posts right

because I want that

I think it needs to be hidden by default though because some people have ridiculous long titles and they get repetitive.

I do feel we can do something wild in landscape where we have two columns and the left author column sticks to the screen while the post is in view.

Edit: maybe I'm being too protective of vertical space.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 5, 2016

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Depends. You can decide join date isn't important and relegate it to some sort of popover and jam avatar text under the name in the smaller font and disrespect line breaks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Got off my rear end to work on the missing tags from my personal bookmarks, does anyone know who this is in the BSS specific movie tag?

My guess is Howard the Duck but I think his movie costume was actually shittier.

Also I added a F2P icon to the repo and I made it at 200x200 because we did the previous icons in 90x90 for no good reason and we could stand to bump up the fidelity.
(5 years from now we'll embark on all SVG icons!)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Teddybear posted:

Just had it happen in the cute thread in PYF.

Pretty cruel to make someone have to look through PYF.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think it just caches everything, and you can uninstall/reinstall to clear it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

dragon enthusiast posted:

Any chance of adding a fallback mechanism for thread tags that don't have a converted awful.app version yet? Instead of displaying the generic bullet point icon, I mean.

I would argue the better solution instead of having a second fallback, would be to tell us which thread tags don't work and then we can just make them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The forums have become aware and know you are a bad poster.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I am totally down for making all the thread tags that are missing during this holiday break, I just don't want to go hunting them down.

Guess we also need a censored Sex tag too.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oooo fun!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

99 cent IAP to downsize that icon

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there something up with thread icons in the Games forum?

Loads are showing up as the same:

If you post a list of the SA urls for all the thread tags that don't show I will make versions of them. If they are censored I will come up with something that looks the same but does not include IP. Yes I am being incredibly lazy here but I will do it. (Though I think the censored list might have gotten posted and I forgot.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's odd, I definitely made a pokeball one. Maybe it's one of the censored ones now. If you can give any context with those anime ones that would help. (THANKS!)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The clear cache in the beta version immediately freed up 2.5gb for me. Just would like the button to have some sort of feedback that it did something. If it could tell me how much space was cleared that would be even better.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yep!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The android App is a completely different beast made by other people, there's a thread for it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717&perpage=40

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It might be nice to have them in some sort of collapsible element so you don't force the user to always have to scroll past them. Dare I even say dismiss-able.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You could also potentially handle the way quotes look in the reply window differently, almost as if they're their own objects you can reply to and edit.

However all of this sounds like overly complicated 'fixes' when it's just a feature that has a baby-sized learning curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

An idea that we had pop up ages ago that I liked was replies/edits acting like composing mail, where you could swipe it down to dock it to the bottom of the screen, and then allow the user to add quotes that way. Destroying their input if they dismiss that pane altogether.

Also titling can be better by appending "Replying:" or "Editing post in:" depending on which action you're taking.

• Locked thread