Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

tonberrytoby posted:

But the really crazy thing is the background setting. WTF is going on in this world. Every show would be good if it played a setting that crazy that straight.
Clearly this is a far future post-scarcity world (dude not giving a gently caress about his shop being destroyed; living in towns on giant ships) where people take their hobbies (vintage WW2 tank battling, flower arranging) very seriously.

The girls aren't worried about injuries from firing semi-live ammunition at each other because they are nigh-invulnerable posthumans.

(The big reveal in the final episode is that this takes place in the universe of Iain Banks' Culture books.)

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's amazing. What's the turret with no barrel for?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I wish the tank destroyer crew were the main characters. They were great in 6.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It is pretty funny to picture guys rolling their eyes at each other when the girls start talking about girl stuff like tank battles. I sure wish we got to see it instead of just hearing about it, but this seems to be one of those shows where showing boys is verboten.

EDIT: The popular club at the all-boys school should be knitting or cheerleading or something.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 28, 2012

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was easily the best episode so far. Everything about the Russian team is great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I dismissed this as "moe otaku-bait" in my mind, before I saw that clip.
Portions of it certainly are, but most of the show actually is tank battles or talking about tank battles. I think 6 was the only episode so far that completely lacked tank battling.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think they mentioned that these are the semifinals, so after this there's just the finals against the sister's team.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Anzu will disable half the panthers by firing into the barrel of their main gun. :riker:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's actually a cunningly disguised sports show.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Where? I can't even find OVA 4.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The spying part of OVA 5 was pretty funny. And 4 certainly...exists.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nobody likes to admit it but most spectators are just there for the off chance someone gets hit by a shell while unbuttoned. Like car racing and crashes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was a lot of pasta.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The tankette girls are some hardcore motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Assuming it was some flavor of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L3/35, three and a half tons.

Lending further credence to the hyperadvanced superhuman society theory. If one of them did get hit by a shell it would probably bounce off.

• Locked thread