Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

SavageGentleman posted:

So, how is life in the Aryan future? I doubt they will play out the full consequences of an axis victory.

:j:"Hey guys, remember the Holo~~~uguuuh~~~"

I think the OP of this thread might not be completely serious. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

My guess is that they're either changing the ending (because this poo poo is selling like hotcakes and they want a second season) or another animator rebelled against the director and put a panty shot in.

It's the second, isn't it.

Wait, an animator did that in the past? When did that happen?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm vaguely sorrowful for the good ole' days of Walt Disney's tyranny who could spot deviant individual frames and would fire the whole staff to make a point.

Animators no longer have the fear of Walt Disneygod in em' anymore :( :commissar:

On the other hand, I feel vaguely sorry for the animator in question in that after this he's probably going to have difficulty finding work.

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He single-handedly screwed things up pretty badly, completely on purpose.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Truculent Twisty posted:

So let me get this straight, Germany and Japan were victorious? I'm just going to take a stab in the dark at this, but the show never talks about the results of WWII, does it? That with mindless anime thinly taped over it might actually be fun to watch.

No, that's just the OP being silly. It's not a bad show, though.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Truculent Twisty posted:

Oh, I'm actually disappointed then! :( what's the real premise of the show then?

Tank warfare as a sport played by high school girls in the future. They also live on an aircraft carrier, for some reason.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Anatharon posted:

When I was in Oarai a few weeks ago ads for this show were everywhere and I can't help but be curious now., Is it interesting enough to bother watching as a person who typically doesn't watch anime?

Honestly, probably not. It's a fun show, but lacking in substance, and the characterization is a bit on the moeblob side. You should definitely watch it if you're a big fan of tank battles or sports stories, though.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zogundar posted:

comment seen on MAL:

What's the story with this? Does Crunchyroll censor things or is this person trolling (Note: I haven't actually seen this anime.)

They had to cut the Katyusha song for copyright reasons. Blame the Russian government, not Crunchyroll. There's a video of it on YouTube, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

Do anime fans often feel like "they were betrayed?" Is this a thing common to anime? What are some examples?

Most of the things that immediately come to mind are anime-original endings in adaptations of manga.

There was also the homophobic reaction to the eighth episode of From the New World, which ties into Endorph's post.

I can't think of many actual examples of the shocking-twist-that-undermines-everything-that-came-before in anime. There's a famous genuine example in a manga, though (the ending of Usagi Drop). There's also a subset of the fandom for any reasonably popular shonen manga that gets furious over any plot twist they didn't predict.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 3, 2013

• Locked thread