Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Huh. The Gen X democrats breaking the trend is kind of surprising. Was that mostly due to Reagan? Or maybe just rebelling against their parent's hippie generation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

- the biggie though is parenthood; Nate Silver has a 2010 piece on California, where something like 50% of childless people 18-59 supported legal weed, but it was 10-15% lower in that spectrum for parents. This raises the big question: how much of a chunk of that Millennial pro-pot vote are we going to start losing as more of them enter their 30s and have families?

Ah, yeah, that's true. I mean, we all know it's stupid for them to worry about that, but Gen-X parents with children under 20 or w/e are probably worried about legal weed. I get it, although I wish I didn't.

Hopefully the millennial parents will, I dunno, not be quite as dumb when their time comes. Reddit and memes may decide the future of parents' approval of weed. Good god

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Pryor on Fire posted:

This is a truly bizarre argument, cars produce lots of horrible pollution so I shouldn't worry about the fact that I'm getting a contact high and questioning whether I actually have eight years sober or not as well as not try to figure out if my niece is getting a contact high but it's ok don't just don't worry about it bro cities are filthy? What?

Unless you are in a small enclosed space with someone smoking weed for a while, you aren't getting a contact high.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

....Aaaand Obama with the bullshit copout on marijuana legalization in that Vice interview. Not surprising, just disappointing. Basically just saying it sucks that people go to jail for it and he'd like to see OTHER people work to decriminalize it, continuing to act like he can't do anything about it (or really just lying by omission). But at the same time, saying no one should worry about weed legality that much because climate change and terrorism still exist.

And yet still, I hold out hope for a sneaky end of term decrim or at least something. Sigh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a01Rg2g2Z8&t=863

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Isn't part of Kevin Sabet's thing that he doesn't necessarily hate marijuana, but that he hates the potential "Big Marijuana" that will come with weed legalization? He should be going to Ohio right now and helping the non-cartel side of the legalization movement there.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

SedanChair posted:

Isn't that getting into false advertising territory? I thought they had to call unproven snake oil like that something like "natural male enhancement" and not make any actual claims about treating ED.

Heh....snake oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

wowie the last few pages of this thread have been truly great!

here's to hoping at least a few states vote to legalize in 2k16

• Locked thread