Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

Oh right, this belongs here too. Got tint on my wagon Tuesday. I've been meaning to do it for 4 years, the timing finally worked out. 35% on the fronts, 20% from the B pillar back.

This looks brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You and the thousands of others say that, then Ford sells 12 ever. Repeat forever.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

30k should be covered. 40k is DSG service.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What mileage/year are you trying to stay under?

Passat wagon
Volvo V50/70 but it'd be older.
You could find a 3 or 5 series wagon in that price point too.
Some hatchbacks might fit the bill. The first gen Mazda3 is pretty much the same size as the JSW.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tremek posted:

Bought it yesterday and drove it home. It's the best car. :3: '12, 32k miles, auto, Recaros, I'm the second owner. I flew down thinking it was a manual and wondering how I would be explaining this to my wife, but it turned out to be auto and That's Okay.

Post more pictures :eyepop:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If you're considering a newer Outback you might as well look at some of the small SUVs. It's big enough now that a CR-V and CX-5 are both smaller. You also open yourself up to a lot more options in that price point.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Steve French posted:

Yeah, it is really frustrating. But when we aren't having a drought, California does get real snow (ski areas around Tahoe average around 400 inches a season), and there are a lot of people who drive up from the SF Bay Area who have no clue what the hell they are doing driving in rain, let alone snow.

It's tough, I have dogs so I refuse to buy sedans, I refuse to buy 2wd for the above reasons, and I hate CUVs. Had a JSW for a long commute, but swapped it with a WRX hatch before it was too late and after I quit that job. Shame nobody offers an inexpensive AWD wagon that I can think of anymore.

If VW wants to capitalize on no WRX/STI wagon they'll put out that 4Motion Golf Sportwagen they teased.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dopo posted:

Last night I test drove the Outback and the Jetta Sportwagen. Outback was huge, ugly, and unexciting. I liked the VW though.

So the 2015 might be AWD? That could be worth waiting for. Is that model year 2015 or calendar year 2015?

Maybe. Nothing is for certain, but I wouldn't bet on it being a 2015 model or in 2015.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

You are correct in that it's pretty much splitting hairs. Generally they're synonyms as the definitions for "totaled and then re-registered" vary by state.

Props to the guy in the ad for posting pics of the accident and damage, looks like they probably frame pulled the front bumper horn and that's it. It might be slightly compromised if it's hit in the same spot again but I'd drive it myself. And he's right, if it can be aligned and doesn't burn up tires, and all the body gaps are good then it's been fixed decently with nothing to worry about.

Gorgeous color and car, but it does seem a tad expensive. Looks like book value is in the $5k range.

The best part is when they take the photos halfway through the repair and claim that was the damage that totalled it.

Happens all the time.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

Neither of these is happening, and the Mazda 5 is living its last year right now.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/08/mazda-cx-3-confirmed-mazda5-axed.html

It's a shame that wagons are such a small market in the US that most manufacturers don't even offer one. I'd really prefer a wagon over a crossover, but the wide availability of dirt cheap crossovers makes that a tough choice to make.

A Mazdaspeed CX3 would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Mini almost always ranks near the bottom in reliability surveys.

• Locked thread