Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

In comparison to the people on that list O'Reilly is a very reasonable person.

No he's really not. I know that its apparently the thing now to call O'reilly one of the good less bad ones but he has done just as much harm as the others. He may not be as crazy as Beck, as insufferable as Rush or as smug as Hannity but he is still part of the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
So has there been any interesting reactions by the right wing media in response to Aljazeera America going live?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Danyull posted:

Republican talking heads raving about Aljazeera being run by MOOSLIMS! isn't interesting enough for you?

Oh I figured that type of stuff was going on, I meant if there was more specific fear mongering on how its the start of a hostile takeover of America or something, after all it is a trojan horse for terror

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

agarjogger posted:

Oh god they look exactly the same. I assumed Fox got the name wrong because they are incorrigibly and consistently lazy.

Yeah he looks incredibly like George pre trial, though I doubt ole George would have been able to drop 150 pounds in a month.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

My Face When posted:

At least you're not taking Texas Government in college where the teacher used the Drudge Report as a legitimate news source.

:eng99:

Oh please go into detail on this one.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
You want to see food that tastes like vomit, try those awful cardboard pizzas I used to get in my school cafeteria. Cafeteria food has always tasted like crap.

quote:

which is skim or one percent fat, not two percent or whole
gently caress I wish they did this when I was in school, I never drank school milk except very occasionally a chocolate milk, because I was raised on skim and found whole milk kinda disgusting.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
I realize intervention in Syria is a huge bag of worms but I gotta vent.

So Im at my parents for this weekend and one of the consequences of that is occasionally being forced to listen to :foxnews: if I cant convince them of a good reason to change the channel.
No idea what the hell the show was but this guys starts saying, so 14000 people died from gas attacks in Syria and John Kerry said this is unacceptable, where was this outrage when 4 Americans lost their lives in Benghazi :smug:. Jesus gently caress they just wont stop talking about Benghazi and apparently 4 American lives>than 14000 "mooslum" lives. Oh and then the female host starts talking about how we will shoot some missiles at some camels behinds... :wtc:.

I cant do it, watching :foxnews: or listening to talk radio just sends my blood pressure through the roof and grows me several grey hairs. Whats worse is that I actually used to unironically watch/listen to these shows. I know it was bad then but it really seems like the right wing rhetoric has been getting worse, please tell me it has dont tell me I was even more of a little poo poo when I was younger than I think. The blatant race baiting during the march on Washington anniversary also nearly sent me into a rage.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
I also love it when Republicans point to the Civil War as a means to show that liberals/dems are the real racists and that they the republicans are the true party of minority rights because some guy they would have today run out of the country ended slavery. As if both parties are the exact same way they were 150 years ago.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

bigtom posted:

Those filthy poors, needing air conditioning to keep from dying of heat stroke....

Where's that Fox News "refrigerator poors" graphic when you need it?!?

Gotta love the :airquote: around poor.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

So is that grounds enough for the secret service to be paying him a visit?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Miltank posted:

I think Cruz is smart enough to never show even the slightest bit of moderation. So long as he never fades left anything won't he be able to keep up appearances with his base?

In the highly unlikely event that he becomes the GOP candidate in 2016 and in the (likely) event that he loses, you know that the tea party narrative is going to be that he was too moderate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

McDowell posted:

So are these guys die hard pacifists? Or is war somehow different from a leader saying 'I support killing'?

No you see the American Military are Gods holy warriors. They only kill evil people, unbelievers and Arabs.