Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure one of the spaces on that Republican bingo card picture is "I'm an independent even though I've been voting R for 30 years!" I believe the person in the space is some smug looking rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Nat Geo should really just do another "Is evolution wrong? and then have a giant NO. on the second page" issue.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You forgot the $1 world class Trump steaks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
GOP outreach to the youth vote : Give a little poo poo that most 20-somethings would find annoying even with a apolitical or a left view.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So does Amazon care about junk reviews? If Amazon starts deleting those reviews maybe some man of industry/job creator will try to make their own amazon/ebay.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SilentD posted:

There are laws that require a business to have water and restrooms.

Those laws are holding us back. We should go back to Free Market solutions.

Like emptying chamber pots into the street. Dumping waste into our water supply, taking a poo poo while barefoot.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Are you sure about the hookers part? I don't think there was an underage male sex slave market in this time period. Also Rush needs the blue pill to get it up.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Mmmmm I think he might have ruined the bow tie for me.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Not-Zimmerman should have Stood His Ground.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 12, 2014

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe you guys could take this to the energy generation thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3505076

Also never ever listen to a man that uses the word "boondoggle."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think "This American Life" had a recent episode on MLM scams. From what I remember the people they interviewed were into it for ideas/life style. "I'm my own master now. No more 9-5. I control my life. I'm no a sheep." etc, etc. Also one dude can do it and be a stay at home dad because the wife makes enough money. So a tiny bit of :unsmith: there.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe he has a major case of the "Pastor's kid" and in a few years a scandal will break when he goes to the ER for reasons.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RadicalR posted:

How about breathing? Mr. President, just say you're for healthy breathing. That'll take out the GOP.

Already got that covered, see the EPA regulations and coal-rolling(pick-up trucks modded to spew black smoke).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So Rush wants 50 Shades of Brown and a Blue Pill?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Is it really schadenfreude when they're 2/3 way to their goal?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Shouldn't we loving get on that like now? Like I know don't touch the poop and all, but this poo poo has spread into the outside now. This isn't some idiot rear end in a top hat we can all ignore anymore. This is an idiot rear end in a top hat we have to deal with.

The only thing that needs to be done is tell PF's twitter that a sexual predator is coming and he looks like that dude from Workaholics. And his face has a punch factor of 10/10.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He was going to be a B-lister but he insulted Hannity and Fox News dumped him. Also not sure how true it is but a few posts here says he already has a right wing sugar daddy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RadicalR posted:

Will this person please bankrupt and go away? Man has to be in 70s by now.

He's gone bankrupt multiple times, and stupid new money morons/banks keep giving him money for some reason.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Embedded journalism also.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

notthegoatseguy posted:

The same reason why people say President Bush, President Carter, etc...

The usage of Obama's middle name is also 100% normal and not dog whistling.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Leofish posted:

Considering how much Rush and Co. seem to think that Obama is immune to criticism because of his racial background, and how much they believe he only won because of his racial background, you'd think they'd be pushing the "first Hispanic president" angle for Cruz a bit harder.

If he gets the nom or becomes the star of the week again, they will.

Also B-Rock doesn't count as the first black prez. He's a half-breed/one drop rule. Our newest token is going to be the 1st real one.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Radish posted:

This is like the kids who had their state raptor bill eviscerated in front of them so Republicans could grandstand about abortion and government waste. They leaned a valuable lesson that wasn't intentional.

If they spent it all and got a $200,000 tax bill next year it would be like Cartmanland. As it is it's just reaffirming my belief that all we accomplished was making it so bigots learned that they can be as terrible as they want if they just pretend they are the real victims and a large percentage of this country identifies with this but are too gutless to say it publicly.

Obama and his jackboots at the IRS are getting us!!! Help us dig ourslves into a bigger IRS hole fight back and give us more money!!!!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Something that been on my mind, what about "online " businesses? Like if goons were a protected class, could we sue that lovely game dev for his rule of "no goons allowed"?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Don't forget that consent is also optional.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

site posted:

Because people still think cops are good guys :/

Cops are the bad guys when they stop them for speeding or doing the non killing-blacks part of their job.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

I am in a lovely situation, complete with impending homelessness, and debilitating health problems that came out of nowhere in the last year. I can't tell you how many times friends have asked me, "Why don't you go on welfare?" I keep having to explain that I don't go on welfare because welfare doesn't loving exist outside of Republican talking points. I recently qualified for Medicaid, but even that would have been out of the question before my state expanded Medicaid as part of the ACA. I am a single male with no children. I may be able to get $137 per month in food stamps. For everything else, I am on my own.

That's usually followed up with, "Well, get some disability." Then I point out a mutual friend who is sincerely crippled by a huge number of physical health problems, and utterly unable to support herself, and is now in her fourth year of trying to get $800/month in disability benefits. When she does get them, she won't even get the full amount, because the law firm handling her case works on contingency and gets a percentage for life after she starts receiving payments. She's four years into trying to get some help, and she has the assistance of a law firm who does this full-time. Yet, my friends and acquaintances think I'm just too lazy to wander into the local free money office and get a stack of cash to solve my problems. It's loving unreal.

So did your right leaning friends say how unkwown "others" are welfare queens while saying that YOU their friend is different for "reasons"?

Also GoFundMe is censoring that poor cop/true American.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Only certain kinds of folks can open carry 'round here.

White makes right. Rights for Whites. etc, etc.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Sometimes I really loving hate my home.

Something that I had to repeatedly explain to my relatives at christmas time. They were having a hard time wrapping their heads around the whole "he was twelve and had a gun/ the officers said he looked 20 and had a gun" logic problem.

Reminder, the Miami Gardens PD said that a black toddler "looks" like a teen(and black teens look like adults, therefore the toddler looks adult). Also said PD arrested a black man a billion times for "trespassing" at his own workplace even when the boss said that "yeah dude works here."

Also *points to multiple cases of white people point guns at cops being talked down and de-escalate being used*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Is this a recent picture? kid still looks like a pycho and he still hasn't grown out of his lovely ideas? Kinda sad.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well at least SA has years of entertainment. Some goon with a worthless degree in social science or another worthless field should make the kid a case study.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

World Famous Whore posted:

After those pizza people got a near million dollars for being hateful shits I need to see this dude's life crash and burn with no hope of a online campaign to bale him out. I need it. Luckily it looks like that is happening.

Hopefully it will also lay the 'Be a bigot, open a GoFundMe' thing to rest with it.

The Cop that killed a Black #09430984784369897 got his GoFund censored shut down.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

So what are the odds when he gets divorced?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Jokes on them when we need to leave the planet and the rich can't because our tech tree is back in the iron age tier.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He's damned if he does or doesn't, so whatever. Also there's no good troll Obama move.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

"Haha, yeah dad, I'm sure the show with the gay actor messed me up. Somehow that one gay guy in a television show had a lot more power to gently caress me up as a person despite about 80%- hell, probably more!- of the actors in other shows being straight! Oh, wait, you know what? I bet it was women instead! As we both know women- at least the straight ones, which are the only type of people we're comfortable with- like men. I might've been messed up by women and gays being attracted to men!"

Too many words. Just go "It's because you're a poo poo parent."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I think this applies to a lot of news, not just FOX. I've checked out of the USPOL thread and started watching less and less news and general and noticed I feel a little happier too. I know, head in the sand and all that, but for as much as I wonder how hard is to say sane listening to right wing poison, poison is still poison and I'm glad I'm giving myself room to enjoy other things.

That's what I liked about the Daily Show and Colbert. They could deliver bad news and horrible (accurate) information but chase it with a joke, some sarcasm and a funny headline at least. I think checking out to a certain degree is a good thing, for me at least. It's helping with my depression.

Joementum once summed it up for me rather succinctly in a simple quote. I'm paraphrasing:

"A group of people whose job it is to stay informed and educated about current affairs tends to vote Democrat? I am shocked."

Funny, you don't think this applies to various DnD threads? Like one of the running jokes here are what you'll be drinking during the next Regressive wave. I feel happier when I skip a day of following these threads or scroll pass LLogic101.

fake edit : Great incestuous pedo apologist BS.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

IIRC he tried to and submitted a doctored video as evidence making it look like the union guy socked him for no reason. When the judge got the undoctored version the charges got mysteriously dropped.

Should that itself be a crime?

Also that pos that got Acorn closed almost went to jail and then prison. So clearly there's some arms race and escalation going on.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Lol at buying stock in a non-google tech company*. I wonder if Chucky was dumb enough to buy during the IPO.

*Note stock advice/opinion requires time machines and future info.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AdjectiveNoun posted:

It's not because she's a pretty white woman, it's because when it comes to politicial issues that personally affect her (i.e. women's rights) she breaks ranks and calls out misogynists on Fox. It's just that outside of her pet issue, she's still a conservative fuckwad.

Well sort of. Pre-baby she was gently caress mat-leave. Post-baby she pro mat-leave. ( But probably only for rich WASP women, gently caress non-whites and poors.)

Or am I thinking of another blonde?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

The "hulking brutes" were like 14 years old, I thought conservatives were supposed to be manly tough guys, not terrified of children.

Reminder, Miami Garden PD have police reports for toddlers/babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If you're reverse racist they tell you gently caress off fast.