Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DrNutt posted:

This is dumb bullshit and exactly why we need labor unions. You shouldn't ever loving get looked down on for leaving at quitting time.

Worth noting this only really applies to salaried. Hourly people are shuffled out the door as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Alkydere posted:

Which is why I'm kinda glad I work hourly in an understaffed kitchen because I can tell my boss to shove it when she tries to kick me out the door. I'm all "If HR has an issue with how much time I'm working, and how much overtime I'm being paid, HR can hire more people. This poo poo needs to get done before tomorrow." :smug:

Of course I'd rather be home and relaxing but until we get more team members I'm gonna snag each and every dollar of overtime pay I can get. When you work in a kitchen that pays more than minimum wage, it starts adding up nicely.

At the warehouse I work at we've had overtime of some kind since March, and it's not likely to let up until January (we're adding a whole new shift because of -surprise - demand). Some people had similar sentiments about bills, but it does wear on you after a bit.

Upper management hates it too because all of their metrics are being hosed by us paying for 1.5 more days of work per person but only getting 1 day worth of work out.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Josef bugman posted:

I would bet money that it's not enough of a problem for them to try and put anything in place too quickly.

I mean, January is pretty quick, especially since we have to increase our worker base by ~60% in 6 months (the decision was made in July IIRC).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PJOmega posted:

2 years of working in the food service industry should be mandatory upon leaving high school. It's a win win, keeps wages low for the pro-business side, and teaches people basic human decency towards people who handle your loving food for the people-with-a-soul side.

Makes it hard to propose changes though since people have a tendency to say "I lived through [terrible thing], they can too".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ragnar34 posted:

Personally I didn't realize it was a joke until someone pointed it out, because I would eat a hot dog off the ground. I'm assuming that's the problem here.

How do I submit to goons.txt ?