Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Also, it's telling that Nick Sandmann jumped in out of nowhere talking about wanting to collaborate with Kyle Rittenhouse. People claim he sued CNN for $250 million but I heard it was settled out of court for what was probably a trivial amount.

The chudosophere has been talking about Kyle suing everyone under the sun which sounds rather redundant. He's already going to get plenty of wingnut welfare since he can use a gofundme again. It would just be an embarrassment to make a big show of how he was publicly assaaunated by the press yet had millions of supporters and got found not guilty, only to have his cases laughed out of court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I saw today a video being shared that stated that the Waukesha parade tragedy was “Black Supremacist Domestic Terrorism” and asking why the media won’t call it that…

It's filling out all the chud outrage bingo spaces. A black rapper out on bail (for committing a similar crime) who supports BLM and had a social media post advocating they beat up white people.

They also accuse the media of deliberately withholding the fact that the suspect was black because it didn't fit the leftist narrative, suggesting that if the driver was white they would have mentioned it... What 5 minutes sooner? They reported the guy pretty quick, it's not like this is some mystery that dragged on for months here.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Republicans posted:

LOL imagine someone pulling that out of their pocket and smugly dropping it only to be met with " You dropped your dildo."

"You gonna lose a buttplug like that real easy without a flared base you know. "

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Zeroisanumber posted:

If I had billions I would just travel from party island to party island going to awesome concerts and drinking opioid smoothies and enjoying a life of hedonistic excess until my heart exploded.

So the John McAffe experience. All well and good until you get busted for whale sex crimes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How much actual organizing and mutual aid was going on in that subreddit? Because a group that calls itself 'antiwork' which coincidentally doesn't actually do any relavent effort in addressing such grievances is just a joke that writes itself. It's like the endlessly postponed procrastinators treatment meetings.

Myself and fellow union members volunteer our time and energy to provide vaccination and covid testing to all employees as quickly as we could, on top of working full time jobs. Reducing/eliminating work sadly takes work.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

nine-gear crow posted:

As I seem to recall, the nude scene in question is when Spiegelman's mother and a score of other Jewish women are forcibly stripped naked and hosed down by the Nazis as part of a "cleaning"/humiliation process as they're processed into the internment camp.

If you find anything sexual about that, you're probably a deeply hosed up person.
I thought it was when he finds out his mother had committed suicide and they showed her dead in the bathtub (this was spiegelman, right?)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Levantine posted:

The Algorithm recommended me one of his videos a while back and I don't know if it was pre or post chud but it really rubbed me the wrong way and I asked Youtube not to recommend that channel anymore. Glad I did.
What was the video about? Is there another youtuber that can deconstruct his criticism in a concise manner?

With these types of critics they regularly tear down contemporary media, and it makes me wonder-So what we their 'perfect' female protagonist? Queer protagonist? Person of color? They seem to think a lot of representation is just pandering and virtue signaling. Contrasted to what, exactly?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Dpulex posted:

A lot seem to hold Ripley as the ideal female hero, but yes anyone who isn't straight and white in a lead role is seen as pandering to chuds.

I hear Ripley brought up a lot (as well as Alita from battle angel). But they seem all over the place in their expectations:

-The protagonist can't be too feminine because it just makes their respective feats implausible to them. But if they aren't feminine enough then that is a problem too.

-They are fine with minority representation unless the story addresses what such a minority might go through (casual misogyny, homophobia, etc). Then it's just pandering to them.

-They'll hold a minority protagonist to a standard never criticized by some white counterpart. Call a character a Mary Sue, ok so what parallel Marty Stus have the same problem you are having here?

-New themes and concepts can never be addressed, it's just pandering to fads if you try to include these things.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I thought nerds were pissed off that there were elves with short hair and/or black. Or lady dwarves that were indistinguishable from the men.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Didn't Daily Wire come out with some ripoff of Panic Room recently?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PhazonLink posted:

I know asking what they mean by "energy independent" is a fools errand because regressives are bad faith actors, whatever , like these are the fucks that invented roilling coal, making their cars LESS efficient.

These are folks convinced gas could cost merely $0.30 a gallon if it weren't for liberals and taxes complicating things.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Hell, my brother in law is completely bitching about the fact that gas went up and he cannot understand how it could be connected to an improving economy leading to an increase in demand but a supply side issue of not being able to keep up.

But then again, he works in the oil industry so I do not expect him to actually understand how any of it works. Not do I expect him to understand that those higher gas prices equals his boss’ company making more money.
LOL, wouldn't somebody in the petroleum industry be ecstatic that prices are up? Why would he complain? It's more job security for him and more opportunities to be smug about how essential petroleum is.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

Except I don't even know what they're protesting anymore. Covid restrictions are lifted pretty much everywhere. These people just like to wave flags and yell "Mericuh".

Murgos posted:

The thing that has to be kept in mind is that these people think that their POV is the in line with vast majority who are just too cowed by the oppressive regime to take action.

They're heroes standing up for the little people at their own great risk and adversity.

That people are just ignoring them or casually flipping them off is a big hole in that whole philosophy.

A lot of history about everyday people rising up against their oppressors can seem inspiring to certain people. Unable to parse subtext or nuance they just see the central theme of "person is mad, person does thing, person gets what they want." I mean look at how the Revolutionary War gets mythologized to people on the right. They want to be that kind of hero in their own story.

The whole world is changing, and them stubbornly resisting that change makes them feel like the only right ones. So they decide a way to fight back against it. But as mentioned above, the things they are fighting don't really exist. We're not in a 1984 hellscape in the way they think we are. Not only that, what's the endgame? What's the big victory they are going to get that will change things for the better and venerate them as heroes and patriots? That's pretty vague too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Also the reason oil companies aren't drilling even though he expanded permits is because he had a bunch of other regulations that made it to costly /difficult? For them to take advantage. Also he banned fracking which is what made America energy independent.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's such a moving target. Since they were surrogate pregnancies the right gets to concern troll how gay people like Rubin are stealing babies from women while pretending they'd have no problem had they been adopted.

And I guarantee you they will appropriate leftist concerns about surrogacy (criticism of capitalism, consent, etc) and pretend like there's people on the left that agree gay people shouldn't get surrogate babies.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

The GOP and conservatives are really obsessed with pedophiles I keep noticing.

Besides the projection angle I think it checks off a number of boxes for conservatives:

-Pedophilia is considered a universally bad thing so it is an extremely "safe" problem to crusade against. They also do this thing (needs to be a word for it) where if you're not 100% in agreement with them then you must be 100% in support of what they are against.

-They desperately try to conflate outgroups with pedophilia, be it LGBTQ groups, Muslims, leftists, etc. Since pedophilia should be thought of as a universally harmful thing they will try to associate outgroups with that property. This sidesteps the live and let live principles most people would associate with those outgroups otherwise. Muslims aren't bad because of their race or worship, but because they believe in sexually abusing minors. And yes, they will sometimes go after Catholics for this but it usually comes from some protestant fundamentalism.

-Conservatives treat their children as property and treat their kids' abuse with the same disdain as someone ruining their lawn. Their validation of allegations has a lot to do with their attitude towards the perpetrator. The more brown, queer, or leftist they are, the more likely a conservative will believe the abuse happened. Children never get any agency in these situations; only the conservative parent is allowed to speak about it. Acknowledgement of the abuse is only allowed to serve the conservatives agenda.

-Along those lines, speaking out about pedophilia is a safe method of Performative Parenting which makes it look like the conservative is vigilant and protective. You see this a ton with Transphobia; the conservative will immediately veer the conversation about what they would do if it was their daughter in that swim team /bathroom /changing room /dance club/etc. The concept of sexual abuse is kind of just a fig leaf to legitimize the violence they already want to commit anyway.

-Finally, it is just one of many fascist boogeymen in that pedophiles are dangerous because they are a threat to children, yet they are craven and weak and so must be confronted directly. Note that no conservative worries about being overpowered or victimized by a pedophile in the same manner as their children might be.

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 22, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, for starters, one is about to sit on the Supreme Court. So I see one right over there.

She's also black but don't tell anyone. Say hi.

God drat these people and their weird obsessions about gender. Well, I mean, their weird obsessions about pretty much everything but right now it seems to be trans people. Looking forward to when my son is my age and laughing about how stupid we all were about poo poo like this.

Honestly, if you keep going back and back into the annals of pearl clutching and how quaint it all seems now (comic books, metal music, Murphy Brown, freedom fries, segregated schools, etc), you'd think there's be something to learn there. Studying history and everything but that never clicks for them. Lately, spurned by asking myself if news and journalism or better or worse now, I've been reading old (really old) news articles that at one time were published with a straight face.

Now that straight face looks like that expression Tucker Carlson always makes.

Also been listening to some old comedy routines I used to really like and wondering wtf I was thinking. I mean, as long as we're talking about what's Too Much
What exactly is their angle on the "what is a woman?" question? Where's the gotcha?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I always thought it was just a really ostentatious display of ingroup tribalism. It's over the top and exaggerated as though that was in proportion to their loyalty to the tribe.

There's also this shrinking core identity of what it means and counts as being "American". For instance, someone could live and work in the US and thus consider themselves American, but since they aren't a legal citizen that won't "count" to reactionaries.

Then you could have a person that doesn't speak English, and have very distinctly unique customs. This person is technically "American" since they are a citizen. Do they count? Nope, because they don't assimilate the right kind of American culture enough for the right to be part of the ingroup.

Finally you can have someone be lily white, fluent English speaking, come from a 'traditional' American background, yet be openly critical of the state apparatuses. They technically are American but look at the notion of America with contempt. These folks also don't count because they didn't meet the requisite amount of loyalty to be accepted as part of the ingroup.

So the flag stuff helps to establish the person as the 'right' kind of American in their own eyes. I've heard some arguments to be made for some leftist movements to try to appropriate the US flag stuff for optics and to make it harder to be culturally singled out. It would be interesting to see what right wingers would do if that happened - would they just go all in on gadsten flags or make their own new flags? They often treat the US flag like a cross against vampires WRT leftists; certainly when you see a clip of a guy proudly carrying a huge US flag only to have a purple haired woman wrench it loose and attempt to burn it you can get a pretty good idea of the political alignment of both people.

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 29, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MrUnderbridge posted:

It's the Christian argument that people don't really not belive in God. Since God is all powerful, there's no possible way that someone just didn't believe in him.

They must be mad at him for some reason (didn't get that pony they prayed for!), and so petulantly deny he exists.

They just can't conceive of someone either growing up not believing or coming to not believe by (gasp!) THINKING.
This is connected to a bigger over arching concept that any thought contrary to conservative values cannot be made in a neutral or logical setting. It has to either be born out of ignorance or manipulation. You can't possibly be atheist, or gay, or communist, someone must have tricked you into believing it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think the thing that freaks people out about antifascists is the decentralized and masked nature of them. A lot of right wing reactionary politics seems to be about putting people into boxes but if you don't know who these people are or who is in charge it makes them a force of nature.

This gets reinforced by signal boosting videos from years ago that are some variation of young looking masked people threatening/attacking an older person. I've heard it's only like 5 video journalists total that record and edit this content and it just gets recycled over and over devoid of context.

A lot of chuds thought antifa was made up of jobless losers but when mugshots revealed many of them were school teachers they freaked the gently caress out.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's interesting to see the patterns in right wing boogeymen and how they jump around. Recently it occurred to me that a lot of the scare mongering about CRT and "indoctrinating/grooming children into various sexualitites" really kicked off after schools opened back up. Which makes sense, but it's funny how they never really reflected on the situation.

Because if schools are doing remote learning then it gives conservative reactionaries everything they want. They can monitor exactly what their kids are learning and pull the plug if they find any of it unacceptable. I constantly hear about how teachers should have to work under a panopticon and online learning would make it easier for these control freaks. But no, they act like kids are depressed and killing themselves because they weren't forced to go to school unmuzzled, you know, the same schools that are teaching CRT and Queer Commust Theory right under the parents' noses :psyduck:

And along those lines, why doesn't all this hysteria drive conservatives to pursue teaching so that they can "correct" this alleged liberal bias? Where's all the wannabe Dennis Pragers getting their Masters in Education to make sure future generations aren't being 'brainwashed' by leftism?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Angry_Ed posted:

That would require going to college and possibly being indoctrinated with Marxist-Leninist thought. As told to them by Harvard and UCLA-educated Ben Shapiro.

Neito posted:

Because getting the proper certifications would mean sumbitting themselves to the machine of liberalism. In their mind the best goal is just straight up homeschooling forever, like what the drunk duck comic guy thinks.

As Angry Ed mentioned, going to the Liberal Bastion that is Harvard University didn't turn Ben Shapiro into a screeching liberal. In fact, we could argue that his success should come as reassuring to reactionaries. He didn't flunk or get kicked out of there in spite of being conservative, so what's their excuse?

Twelve by Pies posted:

It doesn't because it means they have to actually monitor their children while they're doing remote learning instead of just dropping them off for eight hours a day.

As Neito said, they are getting involved in teaching. They just do it by homeschooling rather than get certified and go to a public school. Homeschooling is much more useful for ensuring your kids never get exposed to anything you disapprove of.
Then they wouldn't care about having teachers under constant surveillance if they can't be bothered to actually monitor what they are doing. And keep in mind this isn't just concern about what their kids are being taught, they are upset that all children get exposed to this stuff. If it were just about homeschooling their kids then they wouldn't be so invested in changing policies in schools and attacking teachers unions.

I can't help but wonder if it's all just an intersection between anti intellectualism and slacktivism. They want something to be done about it but don't want to be the one to volunteer. They think kids are getting brainwashed but they are paralyzed by their strong+weak fascist boogeyman.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CuddleCryptid posted:

The right wings relationship with pedophilia is so bizarre, it seems to include everything but actually assaulting children. Talking to kids about being gay is pedophilia. Having two men kiss on TV is grooming. If someone is bad then they are also a pedophile on top of whatever they already were. But a 48 year old man "marrying" a 15 year old is normal and the baby that appears a year later is just out of nowhere.

I know that a lot of the propaganda is to cover for actual powerful people who are pedophiles but it really does seem like a significant portion of the population does not believe pedophilia is real. If a female child is assaulted then it's her value that is damaged, not her. If a male child is assaulted by a female adult, do I even need to say it. And if a male child is assaulted by a male adult it's because all gay people are evil.

If you fundamentally do not believe that women have sexual agency then you can't fully believe that pedophilia is real because it would be like saying that you assaulted a chair, you don't care about the emotional wellbeing of objects whose value as objects are the primary factor of their existence.
That's the thing, though - they treat women and children like property so their outrage is comparable to someone taking a dump on their lawn. The pedo is damaging one of their things and that is unacceptable. There's also the deeper anxiety of someone else having more power over your loved ones than you do. Pedophiles are scary and hated because they can get away with it and the law will be on their side, at least in the reactionary's mind.

To a conservative, the way they did and/or do things is the right sensible way, and any deviation from that isn't just suboptimal, it's dangerous to them. So when society lurches forward their reflexive reaction is that this change must be about normalizing something harmful.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

I AM GRANDO posted:

I don’t know that there’s any reason to expose yourself to it. The whole point is to create an alternative reality that allows listeners to enact a particular emotional frenzy. Anyone could become vulnerable to that with enough exposure, no matter what emotions it happens to prompt.
Wouldn't that in a way apply to negative news in general, though? Anything that triggers that degree of outrage can be toxic in excess. Like I see so much cynicism and doomerism on SA as a result of a steady diet of outrage media, and this isn't from Goons watching Fox News 24/7. There's people who haven't left their house in two years because they are petrified of getting sick while doing nothing to inoculate themselves to the things making them feel helpless and paralyzed. The people in their life trying to support them get dismissed as trying to infect them with toxic positivity.

With some things, this visceral sense of disgust and outrage can be directed positively and toward self improvement. You'll note people are particularly proud to share how a photo of a severely obese person, or an incredibly messy bedroom will motivate them to lose weight/organize their home. But the key here is that they are exposed to things that are within their own power to address directly. With other things though the magnitude of the problem is so great the exposed person isn't going to be able to make a tangible impact, and deep down they probably know that as well.

To some degree we need to keep all of it in moderation simply to be able to function in our day to day lives.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Not sure this is an own exactly though it does seem like Shapiro is destined to end up like Kaitlin Bennett in that the students get wise to their bullshit and use the time on the mic to troll him.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DarklyDreaming posted:

Shapiro will just shift to a new strategy if this happens. He's done it before and he'll do it again. Bennett however has no ability to adapt to anything so she's going to be the Kent State Shitter forever

What did he shift to before?

Owning libs in college seemed like a fish in a barrel strategy because it lets him curate exchanges with college leftists in order to reinforce the stereotypical perception of kids in college. But at some point that well has gotta run dry because people will either refuse to engage, heckle him or sometimes just moderately agree. So where would he go next? Politics? If that were so feasible wouldn't he have done it already?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You want to talk about the horny dad bait, get a load of Pholosopher. She's basically Kaitlin Bennett but Vietnamese. So a young Vietnamese lady that likes guns and Libertarians. Like a bizarro Luna Oi.

Last I checked she was making libertarian rap videos? And lots of anti mask mandate nonsense of course. Guess she's not politically connected enough to be on the level of Candace Owens.

Only thing left on their token bingo card would be a Christian Iranian teenager who goes on and on about how Islam is bad and leftists who wear hijabs are hypocrites and here's why.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Prager U had a whole bit on how they insisted scandanavian countries weren't socialist because of...reasons?

I also hear them mention, I wanna say Sweden "tried socialism but it was a disaster and after abandoning it their economy and standard of living took off".

Mr Interweb posted:

so i've been seeing a lot of cons argue that the reason many other industrialized countries have such good social safety nets and overall better quality of life is because they can afford to spend their budgets on those things as opposed to their militaries because amurka does all their protecting for them. this isn't a new talking point, but i've been hearing it a whole lot more recently than in prior years. the only POSSIBLE country where this seems like it might make sense that i can think of off the top of my head is MAYBE japan, but that's about it. this sounds like a very dumb argument but i figured i'd do my due diligence and ask if there's anything to it.
The response to this should be, :smug: "So you care more about some sissy foreigners too lazy to protect themselves rather then taking care of Americans here?" Everything is a zero sum game to them, we can't treat undocumented people with dignity every time you do that some homeless veteran starves to death. We cant have bail reform because every black man released without bail will beeline to the nearest white boomer and rob him on the spot. And so on.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/repdarrellissa/status/1520908432710279168?t=EY9Qu136yJvNmk8R0S-OOg&s=19

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Angry_Ed posted:

Wish Issa would gently caress off and go back to stealing cars and burning down his own businesses for the insurance money.

I'm not familiar with this, care to elaborate? I'm curious.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

I was at Sunway and a disheveled bearded old man with a MAGA hat and Gopro was pulling similar poo poo a few years ago. Apparently he would go up to people asking their opinions about the Trump administration while trying to antagonize them into getting aggressive, so he could play the victim and upload the exchange on YouTube.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/MostlyPeacefull/status/1521585510925451266?t=QunHpvqZt9u63iGeNIeRrA&s=19
Ah yes, a totally valid breakdown of reasons for abortion, not in any way verifiable whatsoever but conveniently slanted to serve as a 'gotcha' for abortion arguments.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CuddleCryptid posted:

If artificial breast milk is approved for widespread consumption within even a decade of today then forget toxxing, one of you can just come to my house and shoot me.

Plot twist: the artificial breastmilk just ends up being thousands of poor women in India being milked like cows like in Fury Road.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
There was a guy that was going to shoot up De Anza community college and stupidly photographed himself posing with the weapons and explosives ahead of time. A tech developing the film roll notified authorities and he was arrested like a day before the attack.

I remember there was a big upswing in bomb threats post columbine, people were joking that someone must have been doing it around finals to give them another day or two to study.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It's interesting how right wing cultural boogeymen shift with the times in right wing media with regards to violence, sexual content, and tone. The best recent example I can come up with is the outrage over Cuties.

There's also this prevailing belief that film media is "too woke" which is always weird to me because most of the actual leftist subtext are completely lost on reactionaries (thinking squid game was some allegory for communism, for example).

Another good example of this was the brief uproar over The Hunt, which had been rumored to be about a bunch of liberals that hunt down conservatives. But actually watching it, turns out that the protagonist is some anti Trump type conservative who is starkly contrasted with the other conservatives that comically die from their idiocy, meanwhile when up against a real threat the liberal hunters are of course decimated including the AOC analogue congresswoman who orchestrated the whole thing. so it was funny for them to get outaged, since liberals were the antagonists; in fact its the kind of thing you'd think was written by the Daily Wire.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

selec posted:

I enjoyed that movie, it was definitely a trip and I didn’t see the twist coming

Betty Gilpin really sells it when she's in this PTSD haze while she's being rescued by the FBI dude, just slowly going "yyyyuuuup!" as she slowly pivots sideways and drop kicks the dude out of the car on the highway because she doesn't trust him.

Another bit that had me laughing was the convenience store scene in Arkansas
:smug: "I own ten guns. It's my constitutional right."
:v: "Why would anyone need to own ten guns?" *ominous violin stinger*
:stonk:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

I always want someone to ask the RWM pundits how, if Biden and Democrats are solely to blame for inflation, shortages and skyrocketing housing and gas prices, then why is the exact same poo poo happening all over the globe? And in many countries, actually far worse.

Does Biden control the planet or is that still Soros' department?

When I overhear someone blaming it specifically and solely on Biden, sometimes I want to chime in that it's happening world wide and see what the response would be.
According to my brother in law, it was due to throwing in another 40% to the money supply during the pandemic in the US, so no doubt he'd just argue that other countries probably had similar programs and if their inflation was worse it was because they got more carried away with the free money.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1534263931019177986?t=X1lMr2ZVSB-pauxZ2eNdww&s=19

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
People on the right seem to think there will be some massive wave of LGBT people that "come to their senses" a decade from now and will condemn all the manipulations of doctors and the therapists who convinced them to transition. So all the concern trolling about their daughters' breasteses is about the misguided idea that these women will regret losing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BiggerBoat posted:

What's been the general tone and approach for RWM outlets about these 1/6 hearings? I have to think there's some choice takes on the matter. Witch Hunt and such.

The vibe I get is that they think it is distracting from the "real issues" at hand, you know, trans people being happy in their authentic existence, inflation, gas prices, mysterious food shortages, the usual stuff.