Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Panfilo posted:

I also recall people praising Singapore's approach to vandalism when that American kid got caned for spray painting something. They implied that by giving brutal punishment the place was very clean and safe, since people would be wary of running afoul of littering laws.

Of course those people don't worry about being on the wrong end of these laws, after all, laws are meant to protect them and bind others, not the other way around.
See also: the MAGAchuds echoing Trump's praise of Duterte's severity regarding drug users, and then later complaining about how the opioid epidemic was affecting their families and communities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
I'm glad to see we've finally reached the point where all Republicans (except one very special boy) are Republicans in name only.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

HootTheOwl posted:

What does this even mean? If I vote RINO then... America becomes an importer of arms? Is China going to donate arms to us to fight their proxy war?
America will be blackmailed by XI Jinping at the outset of a land invasion from Canada?

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Panfilo posted:

People in the replies are saying he gave such a good answer. How the hell is it a good answer?! He didn't really address the question, instead he sidesteps it to argue people shouldn't be forced to make gay wedding cakes or let trans women compete against cis women in sports.

And there's some rich irony there:
:v: "Majority of Americans support Medicare for all and gay rights"
:byodood: "Tyranny of the majority!"
:v: "Gay people should have the same rights and protections as straight people."
:byodood: "Tyranny of the minority!"

Isn't there uhhh a few things in the constitution Vivek is missing here?
I have to imagine that this sort of talk is going to make it hard for Vivek to take the reins of the famously tyrannical minority party.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
A lot of people are absurdly proud to wear their imbecility on their sleeve. And at this point, I was going to segue back to right-wing media and its audience, but lo and behold, I'm already there.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
I thought the text of the tweet was a glib summarization of Scott's actual quote, and not... Scott's actual quote. :pseudo:

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Not to rain on any parades, but isn't the simplest explanation that these days everyone engages with the social media posts but no one reads the articles anymore?

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Ah, gotcha. Not taking this report as a sign of a decline in right wing identity or right wing excitement/engagement, but rather a decline in the flow of money feeding the Beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Levantine posted:

Someone start a rumor on Twitter than Fauci said you shouldn't do this and let the cards fall.
Are 'stochastic Darwin Awards' a thing?