Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Am I the only one who winces every time this dude falls 100+ stories and then grabs a rail with his Captain Hook hand? I feel like this city must drop one armed corpses all over the countryside below. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

the black husserl posted:

I find it really tiresome that both 'factions' are such laughable cliches.

It certainly seems unlikely that we'll get as good a look at these organizations to the degree that we got to see Ryan's objectivism and Lamb's cult of personality in the first two. This looks like it will boil down to "racism = bad" and "communism = also bad" without giving any depth.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

MelvinTheJerk posted:

The entire game has a Steampunk vibe to it. Even as far as Steampunk dresses go, this is still mildly conservative. I don't know why I'm even trying to defend this, but seriously. We can't just jump down an art directors throat every time their females are wearing something more revealing than a burlap sack.

Steampunk, being an invented style, lacks even the thin validity of "Well people used to dress like this." The designers had a choice between a period or quasi-period modest outfit, or eye candy, and I think if sales are their only goal then they probably made the right choice. I've noticed the annoyance that usually bubbles up around ridiculous female character outfits sharpening over the past few years, so hopefully one day designers will have to cater to that viewpoint instead of the tomb raider crowd.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Snack machines that regenerate their merchandise over 20 years? A city of libertarians with a needle sharing program?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's the 50s, they did have computers in a sense. But you don't need computers to have people fill out shipping forms that have to be accounted for when the ships arrive at their destination.

The 50s isn't so different from our world today, you definitely couldn't hide a construction project of that magnitude anywhere, even in the middle of the ocean.

Andrew Ryan just told everyone he was disposing of raw materials at the bottom of the ocean to raise the prices of the stuff he already owned. Nothing suspicious here.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've never had trouble with narrow walkways in FPSs, just point your cursor so it's in line with the walkway and you won't fall off. It's easier than walking on them in real life, I think.

The company that makes the ladders and pipelines for Black Mesa would like a word with you :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

Small point, but I think Ryan is known to have grown up in Russia, which is where his hatred of communism comes from. You may now return to :speculate:

• Locked thread