Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Borderlands Wiki posted:

• Unkempt Harold is a deadly pistol which can be used in close and medium range encounters. Shots fired from this pistol split slowly (follows 3-5-7 pattern) into seven after traveling a certain distance. As long as the projectiles have begun splitting, regardless of progression, a full hit will do damage as though a full spread of 7 had connected. A "Double Penetrating" Unkempt Harold will fire two spreads with one shot costing 6 ammo.

• Because the additional projectiles are not listed on the item card, each receives full amp damage from amp shields.

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

The Duke posted:

I had absolutely no problem killing The Pumpkin King or Wattle Gobbler solo on UVHM. They were both pathetically easy. Level 72 Siren using a DPUH.

As I've said earlier, not everybody is running around with legendary weapons or wants to farm bosses for hours and hours, they aren't that hard solo its just a chore that has no real reward for doing it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
^^^^^^^^ You can buy dbuh in torgues dlc, they aren't rare.

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK so I keep seeing everyone talking about the DPUH. What's so good about it? I have one but I've never used it. Talk me into it.

Mad damage yo.

Greenplastic posted:

You can't gauge their general difficulty using a gun that's ten times better than any other gun in the game, seriously.

They are ok in difficulty, a flakker and a grog nozzle tear them to shreds . Personally I find 72 terramorphous to be way.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
They were pretty easy in op3. I didn't even use a legendary gun.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

You could kill Wattle Gobbler with white gear. That boss is a joke.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK so I keep seeing everyone talking about the DPUH. What's so good about it? I have one but I've never used it. Talk me into it.

Absurd, broken amounts of damage if every projectile hits the same target. Think rocket launcher in pistol form. The bigger the thing is, the easier it is to hit them with every bullet; DPUH is a fantastic boss-killer. For smaller things, the spread still makes it trivially easy to hit them at a distance even if they're moving fast.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Over 800,000 damage per trigger pull at lvl 61.

Over 3 million at lvl 71.

Over 7 million at OP8.

Bonus:
7x amp damage.
Explosive.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Welp, I'm gonna bust that out with a Bee after I get my PS3 back from getting repaird. Thanks everyone!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Anyone on the 360 looking for a level 40 companion? I started a new psycho a little bit back, and I'd be happy to join or drop my old legendary/purps since they'll be sold otherwise.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I played the first borderlands a bit, and since this is free on psn+ I'm going to give it a play through with a friend. Would it be worth it to pick up the 2 dlc characters, or are they not that much different or amazing from the core 4?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I played the first borderlands a bit, and since this is free on psn+ I'm going to give it a play through with a friend. Would it be worth it to pick up the 2 dlc characters, or are they not that much different or amazing from the core 4?

Coming from someone who isn't a huge shooter fan, and who ended up picking up the GOTY edition of Borderlands 2 after not even two days of playing the base game off of PS+, I'd say the two DLC characters are worth it, or, at least Gaige is. Anarchy is an absolute blast to play around with, and her other skill trees are just as insane and enjoyable

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

It'll cost you $20 to get both. I'd say fool around with the first 4 classes, and if you see yourself playing through the game more than once, and still have a blast, check em out.

Gaige is like Commando but better. I haven't got too far with the Psycho but it seems pretty similar to Brick from the first one.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Magil of Shadow posted:

I'd say the two DLC characters are worth it, or, at least Gaige is. Anarchy is an absolute blast to play around with, and her other skill trees are just as insane and enjoyable
Gauge is great fun to solo with, but she doesn't play well with others. With all her various explosions and the robot getting in the way of everything , it makes it impossible for anyone else to snipe near her.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMnHqxoVgE

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Gauge is great fun to solo with, but she doesn't play well with others. With all her various explosions and the robot getting in the way of everything , it makes it impossible for anyone else to snipe near her.

So true. It can be a great help to the team in that it kills and distracts baddies, but also a great hindrance in that it steals kills and kill revives from your friends and gets in the way. My favorite of the main 4 classes are Zero and Siren. They're both very helpful to the team, in their own ways, too.

:stare: I've been getting my but kicked as Krieg, but I can't wait to light the fuse. Doesn't seem well tailored to co-op what with the friendly damage he takes, though I guess when you get Light the Fuse you can just constantly be exploding and burning and bleeding.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

BlindNinja posted:

:stare: I've been getting my but kicked as Krieg, but I can't wait to light the fuse. Doesn't seem well tailored to co-op what with the friendly damage he takes, though I guess when you get Light the Fuse you can just constantly be exploding and burning and bleeding.

The team damage thing is only there if you want more cooldown but once you get release the beast you can remove it.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Thanks guys, I think i'll pick up Gauge if I feel like a solo playthrough. Krieg looks a bit hard though, axe/dynamite to a gun fight and all that

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Thanks guys, I think i'll pick up Gauge if I feel like a solo playthrough. Krieg looks a bit hard though, axe/dynamite to a gun fight and all that

I've certainly found myself dying more in my Krieg (up to level 16 at least) more than with all the other classes. His ability to drop a grenade that earns double XP post-mortem somewhat eases the pain.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BlindNinja posted:

I've certainly found myself dying more in my Krieg (up to level 16 at least) more than with all the other classes. His ability to drop a grenade that earns double XP post-mortem somewhat eases the pain.

If you have a good enough grenade, that strategy can actually get you pretty far along until you complete the middle tree. I'd suggest removing it by then as you can really better spend the point elsewhere.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Jake Blues posted:

If you have a good enough grenade, that strategy can actually get you pretty far along until you complete the middle tree. I'd suggest removing it by then as you can really better spend the point elsewhere.

I removed the skill recently, but I was using that with this nasty fire-child grenade that rains out like 2 dozen fireballs and kills everything in the room (including me if I'm too close). I also have a class mod that gives +4 grenades which is fun.

I know the final skill on the Mania tree lets you get bigger, but I really wish they took it farther and let you jump 3 miles into the sky like a God-liath and smash Buzzards.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't enjoy my Mania Krieg until 31, but then it all started making sense with that last talent. You one shot most of the things in TVHM that way.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So a friend helped me powerlevel a gunzerker to 30.

Is there anyway I can skip straight to TVHM? What would I have to do?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Alteisen posted:

So a friend helped me powerlevel a gunzerker to 30.

Is there anyway I can skip straight to TVHM? What would I have to do?

Get gibbed, or find a friend who can pull off the Axton speed glitch who can run across the map in a second and help you run through. If you skip sidequests entirely the game isn't terribly long.

I think the fact that you can't migrate your levels to multiple characters is just lame, especially since to legit get to 72 you'd have to beat the game 3 times, including the dlc, and still have to grind for EXP.

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
Is there any site or feed which lets you know about the shift codes, without having to follow a bunch of twitter feeds and other sources?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

EddieDean posted:

Is there any site or feed which lets you know about the shift codes, without having to follow a bunch of twitter feeds and other sources?
I'm on my phone so my Google is weak, but there's a wiki which I will link momentarily.

e: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_SHiFT_Codes

e2: vvv curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 20, 2014

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

EddieDean posted:

I've been using the list at the btotom of this page

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

I've gotten like 10 so far? I really don't use many. I just hit the chest with a few keys if I'm struggling to kill things for a while.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

EddieDean posted:

There's also an app called Borderlands 2 Shift Codes I use on my iPhone that lists codes from everywhere.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

BlindNinja posted:

There's also an app called Borderlands 2 Shift Codes I use on my iPhone that lists codes from everywhere.

I had no idea this existed. Thanks!

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
Thanks guys - I had no idea there were a whole bunch that didn't time out. I got about 78 from that link. It's like Christmas!

That app is available for Android too, now I'm up to date that'll keep me abreast of all of the new ones.

When's the best time to spend these, then? I've just completed everything in Normal mode except for Lv50 missions and the harder raid bosses, leaving me at Lv42 to start TVHM. Apparently TVHM caps out at around Lv50, after which gaining XP becomes really difficult until you jump into UVHM. If that's the case then I don't expect to see a huge difference in loot gain during TVHM, making now a pretty decent time to gear up? Failing that, I presume 'whenever you're finding it hard' is generally the answer.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I used one every other level just to see what I'd get, limiting it to every other level only so I didn't go nuts. Technically the 'best' level to use it on would be the highest, since the gear matches your level; but that's only true if you intend to keep playing once you hit max level, which not many do.

e: or yeah, if all your guns suck you can see if you fare better with the chest than whichever vending machines you have access to.

It's also useful because it's an easy way to get purple gear for the achievement / trophy, so if you get class mods or artefacts keep one of each in your bank even if it sucks, because purple mods almost never drop in the wild.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 21, 2014

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Also if you can wait until you have multiple people in the game it should increase the chance of better loot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's also an artefact you get with the deluxe edition dlc that boosts your chance of getting rare loot by either 5% or 2.5%, but I don't know if that affects the chest since it's only ever given me purples.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There's also an artefact you get with the deluxe edition dlc that boosts your chance of getting rare loot by either 5% or 2.5%, but I don't know if that affects the chest since it's only ever given me purples.

As far as anyone can tell you can't get anything rarer than purples out of the chest.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever got anything other than purples out of it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The golden chest always spawns purples or E-techs that are near or at your level, nothing else.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

CJacobs posted:

The golden chest always spawns purples or E-techs that are near or at your level, nothing else.

I'm about level 31 or so, a gunzerker, and I've been playing solo.

The key chest gave me this crazy e-tech rocket launcher last night. It shot a big glowy purple slow-moving electric balls. As they traveled, the big balls dripped little glowy purple electric balls that fell down. Each one little drip seemed to do full rocket launcher damage, complete with splash damage.

Sadly, it was ridiculously slow and the dripping was somewhat random, meaning I couldn't use it with any sort of confidence at mid- or long-range and at short range, it was worse than my existing RL.

If the thing had been faster, or the dripping balls consistent, I would have keep it as a boss killer/crowd control.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

I'm about level 31 or so, a gunzerker, and I've been playing solo.

The key chest gave me this crazy e-tech rocket launcher last night. It shot a big glowy purple slow-moving electric balls. As they traveled, the big balls dripped little glowy purple electric balls that fell down. Each one little drip seemed to do full rocket launcher damage, complete with splash damage.

Sadly, it was ridiculously slow and the dripping was somewhat random, meaning I couldn't use it with any sort of confidence at mid- or long-range and at short range, it was worse than my existing RL.

If the thing had been faster, or the dripping balls consistent, I would have keep it as a boss killer/crowd control.

That's a Prazma Canon, they are really quite good if you fire them into the sky and use it for carpet bombing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That thing is completely useless and has no effect on the golden chest.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Krampus Grewcock posted:

As far as anyone can tell you can't get anything rarer than purples out of the chest.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever got anything other than purples out of it.

Slight disclaimer: Blue-level class mods are also known to be pulled from the chest. Seen more than enough of those using my keys.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Anybody here want to help me and a buddy on one of the arena challenges? We are on the final round and always run out of ammo and cant beat it. We are a level 51 Siren and a level 51 Commando.

PSN: TheNardPuppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

human being Guy posted:

Anybody here want to help me and a buddy on one of the arena challenges? We are on the final round and always run out of ammo and cant beat it. We are a level 51 Siren and a level 51 Commando.

PSN: TheNardPuppy

I'll add you (PSN: TheBlindNinja), but I won't be home until like 5:30 PST. I think my Assassin is level 53.

• Locked thread