Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Does the Chere'amie also make a loud and horrible sound when you hit someone or is it just me. It's kinda hard using one of the best snipers in the game with that deafening glitch. Also dual sticky turrets with rocket pods is a thing of beauty.

It can't be worse than the gun that nags you after every shot. Or the good touch that will prematurely burn out your controller's motor in 30 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Arid Badlands was my choice for chest farming. One on top of the grenade store, one in Zed's after sniping the electrical fuse and one on the building by Saturn.

The Wildlife has a nice run too, especially if you have the Natural Selection Nexus. There's 2 vertical yellow chests and 1 big red chest, and another red chest if you head back to the docks with the big crane.

I don't know where you stand to snipe the fuse box because I never found an angle where I could see it. I always just stood a ways back and bounced an e-tech round off the tiny wall next to the fuse box. You can get the required angle standing pretty close to the electrified door, maybe a 2-3 seconds run away.

I did the same thing in Eridium Blight with the fuse box that is on the very tall tower/wall at the first intersection you get to

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just want to let people know that the 360 codes are still working.

e: And my first key use is two class mods. :sigh:

The codes are valid until 10 Eastern time

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm adding "Wee Jet Loaders that are 4 levels above me and NEVER loving LAND" to my list of unreasonably annoying enemies. I can't really do anything in the area until I kill it since it can kill me if like 2 of its rockets make contact, but it's also flying so high above me I really don't have a chance to do anything to it. :argh:

Every flying enemy in this game is loving terrible.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I'm still running a 6783x16 blue Torgue shotgun and it wrecks bosses with The Bee. A couple times I've failed to hit the B0r3 spot on Bnk3r and still nearly one shot him.

There is an instakill spot on him? I guess that makes sense. I hit him on the underside once with a 680 damage e-tech AR and it sapped his whole bar instantly. This was approximately level 30.

You guys weren't kidding about TVHM. That poo poo doesn't gently caress around.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Draile posted:

I hated this quest because I hate the eridium blight. However on normal difficulty this was the easiest of the timed quests for me. I started at the mailbox in the center of the map, then jumped off the cliff and landed next to the catch-a-ride. I spawned the runner and did the other mailboxes in counterclockwise order, walking to the last two and running past as much combat as possible in the bandit camp. I finished with plenty of time to spare.

Now the timed quest in the Highlands for Dr. Zed--that one nearly was a controller-thrower.

If you're willing to take the time, you can open all of the mailboxes without taking the packages. This will let you take the time to kill the enemies in the 5 locations first. Then it's a simple matter of making another loop in a runner, which only takes about 1:30-2:00 total

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Sleekly posted:

Nothing yet except an announcement about some Claptrap youtubes coming soon.

Aw, she was just posting single use pics of codes. Redeeming one of these would be pretty drat random.

:3:

What gets me is that this was probably redeemed before Randy Pitchford retweeted it on his account

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Can you ever get legendaries in the treasure room, or am I wasting my time?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

One video I saw of a Vermivorous fight showed that it took a group of four almost 25 minutes for it to spawn, and in the meantime had 3 Ultimate Badasses, 3 Super Badasses, and 2 regular Badasses on the field at the same time before one decided to spawn. I'm not sure you'd have luck with pubbies on that account. Basically it's a time thing unless you get lucky and get it to spawn quickly (~ 3 minutes at the least).

I might get into that tonight after a Terra run (looking for Terra's Siren mod) and if I'm not otherwise occupied in game.

I might have seen that same video. Did they first try in the Tundra and eventually move to Caustic Caverns because Mordecai killed the Ultimate Badass Varkid?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

...! posted:

No, no, I was doing all of that. It is still impossible.

You can snipe 3 or 4 weak points from the respawn alone. I did it solo with zero and without the over powered bee/weapon combo

On another note, the sandhawk is pretty beast with the bee. It works faster for killing terra/warrior much faster than a CC

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Riding on this topic, can you only repeat this quest once? I did it twice and now it doesn't show up anywhere.

You can only get into te treasure room by legitimate means twice. The 2nd quest will show up as "treasure of the sands"

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone have a spare law and order at level 50? I turned in the missions on Tvhm and can't get them again

Ps3 : abaddonis

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Also worth pointing out:

If you guys want your achievement for beating Terra, I'd get it done quick.

It is also worth noting that they didn't fix the treasure room glitch.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dewgy posted:

Or, because it's based on scripted geometry like the Armory glitch, there's actually nothing they can do about it. :haw:

I guess that is probably the case

On another note, I made my game open to pubs, and I've pulled in an orange almost every stop I've made to the treasure room. Maybe it's a good run, maybe I've prayed to the correct deity, or maybe that has something to do with it?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

I understand it from a certain perspective. There's an entire game to play and if people are just going to use the win combo then what's the point in even farming legendaries? Plus with future DLC it means people might actually have to put effort into beating them instead of holding the right trigger with a Bee shield equipped.

That might depend on how much they actually nerf the amp damage. Even going from 50k per shot to 25k per shot will be enough to grind through bosses fairly easily. Fixing the pellet damage will only shift the balance of power to fast accurate SMGs. I'm also curious to see if they fix the babymaker/bee combo (which might be in the misc balance tweaks)

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

And post one, I shall.

Loot here! Getchya loot here!

Lemme know how it works, or if you need any clarification.

Edit: Bahahahah, looks like I pissed someone off again! Angry people sure do have ten bucks!
<------

I just got to watching this video on an actual PC and there is an easier way to do this.

Once you make your left turn at the top of the first rock and you hit the invisible wall under. Continue facing the lower point, hold Up+Leftm and jump. At the peak of your jump, crouch and continue to hold up+left. Once you get the elevator glitch, just jump and proceed normally. It sounds more complicated, but it requires less "look at this point exactly, then do it again on another obscure and difficult to see point."

Edit: And a huge thanks to the goon who gave me the Law and Order. I had them at level 40 and it is a huge difference between 10 levels.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
If anyone is curious, you can access the creature dome even if you didn't pre-order. Just join on someone who did and you can access it normally

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ugh for fucks sake these DLC raid bosses. My friend and I finally take down Hyperius and decide to try Gee- after like an hour of that we quit- I come back later and say "gently caress it" and just cheese the bastard on my own. Hey guess what I got? Truckload 'o Eridium and a mess of green and white weapons and a blue shotgun. Useless. Screw farming this nonsense.

no poo poo. I thought I might be able to solo Hyperius since I can solo Terra pretty easily. I can get him down to 1/3 to 1/2 before his cheese move gets me

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

If you have the pirate dlc don't even bother with verm and just glitch the treasure room for it. I got the Siren, Mechromancer and Assassin legendary mod in there with little to no effort.

I've been trying to spawn Verm for the past few days. It's good to know there is an easier way to get them. I was curious if they would drop there too. Since the bee is getting nerfed, what other shields are worth a drat? Also, do you think it is possible to get the Blood of Terra relic from the treasure room as well?

kim jong-illin posted:

How do you know this, is there a video preview out yet?

The drop rate on legendaries is the only thing that properly pisses me off about this game. The combined legendary rate between all my characters (Salvador PT1 & PT2, Axton PT1, Maya PT1 & PT2) is 6. That's pathetic. My friends play on 360 whereas I play on PS3 so I can't use co-op to boost it. I don't like playing with non-friends as I don't use a mic so it's not as fun.

If they only do one more thing to this game, I hope they significantly increase the drop rate for legendaries.

No poo poo. I've gotten more Orange drops from the treasure room then from bosses.

From the treasure room, I've gotten a:
Skullmasher
2 Conference Calls
2 Deliverances
Babymaker
Stormfront (seriously, who thought this was a good name?)

I've gotten the following to drop from bosses
Lyuda
Conference Call
Some pink unicorn skin for Zero
Bee Shield
A bunch of Terra class mods, but those are a guaranteed orange drop.

I'm sure I could get a Slagga at some point, as you spawn close to a catch a ride in the Dust and its a 10-15 second drive to kill the Hodunks. The Infinity pistol eludes me because it's such a pain in the rear end to keep reloading, and the same thing applies to try and get the Bonus package from Boom and Bewm. I can't get a Maggie (Legitly) because I chose to side with the Zafords. More often than not, it's a pain in the rear end to try and farm some of these bosses because of the trek to get to them, and it's going to be an even larger PITA with the bee shield nerf. However, I wonder if the Sandhawk is going to be captured in the nerf. It shoots 7 or 8 rounds at a time, but doesn't officially show that on the stat card. Farming Terra is much easier than with a CC.

If anyone wants to help out, I'll be on at 8pm EST. PSN is abaddonis. I'm really interested in a Hide of Terra, Maggie, Bonus Package, Infinity, Norfleet, Hellfire, and Blood of Terra.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I hope they never do. It's the only reason I managed to beat the last two chapters of TVHM by myself, without leeching off the exploits of far better players. I'm afraid I've become too reliant on it, though, and it's sort of a pain using it with Gaige, so I'm trying to get myself better gear to stop relying on it.

I sorta wish I could do the story mode one more time on 2.5, with everything at level 50, so I can play without worrying about having my gear become obsolete and still enjoy everything without having to rely on the KSS.

TVHM wasn't that hard. Tedious, yes. I'd say the toughest part was trying to solo the wildlife preserve without the bee shield. Seriously, gently caress stalkers in the god drat rear end. Rabid Stalkers are easily the cheapest enemies in the game.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
I found it very odd that I was getting oranges left and right from the treasure room. I pulled a transformer, and the assassin and gunzerker legendary mods within the first 4 times I visited the room

Edit: gently caress yeah, just found a Maggie. If I find a legendary siren mod, I'll dupe it for a terra relic

Edit 2: it's making GBS threads out oranges now. I found a Mongol and a striker in consecutive chests

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 19, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Have any ps3 goons seen it yet?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

BrokenKnees posted:

Sent you a message.

How hard are the bosses compared to the base game and Captain Scarlett? I'd hate to be locked out of awesome guns just by not being able to min/max some insane set of guns skills and strategy that takes a phd to figure out.

They have been pretty easy so far. The timed challenges have been harder

And lol at "matter of taste." Gearbox was really trolling with that one

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Looks like that afterburner relic has some use after all.

He's near the vending machines where the Piss off sign and arrow are in the first town near the arena.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. I sold that a long time ago because it had no use. Just like that silly "item of the day" relic

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

Thanks Gearbox for making a rare weapon drop from a boss you only fight once and never respawns :argh:

Supposedly he's a once per day fight.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Adregan posted:

Thanks for mentioning this set-up. I had no problems soloing him as we'll. I found the Maggie/bee combo worked well with homing bonus package for the spider ants like you said. Overall not as tough of a fight like hyperious or master gee.

Wouldn't a Pistol Aggression mod or something that boosts cooldown something better than an increase in pistol fire time? The Maggie already fires as fast as you're able to pull the trigger

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm getting a lot of use out of my Super Fire Sniper Rifle, http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pimpernel since it pretty much one shots those annoying bikes and its aoe flame effect blows away groups of bandits, its the best.:allears:

Is it possible to get unique weapons like this from anywhere else? or is it strictly 1 per playthrough?

I want to say that was a quest reward for one of the DLC missions. I have a slag version at does approximately 15k damage. I never use it anymore now that I have a skullmasher

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think it's the reward for the second quest with the censor-bot. And it is awesome. :69snypa:

You're right. The link says it is from "Don't Copy That Floppy." I remember I had to quit the game and restart the mission because the enemies stopped spawning and I couldn't get all of the discs.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

pasaluki posted:

I got a relic that increases tediore clips by 58%.
I kind of didn't take Tediore seriously because their guns were cheaper and didn't have as good base stats like other manufacturers until I figured out you can just peck out 1 round and knock enemies senseless.

I'm wondering if I got a higher than average clip for a Tediore gun with okay damage and put that relic on if that could actually be a playstyle.

edit: I barely ever get lucky enough to get an orange but I just got this Rocket Launcher called the Mongol that makes me very happy when I fire it. It has average stats but when you fire it is just sneezes rockets everywhere and carpet bombs everything. Found it in Lynchwood

The generally accepted strategy for hyperius is to get 4 people with tediore relics to throw baby makers with a bee shield on. Shoot once and then reload. When there is over 50 rounds left in the mag, it does about 1 mil per throw.

I found my mongol in the treasure room and its a lot of fun to use. My normal rotation is a maggie, baby maker, CC, and a skullmasher, but I think I am going to switch out the sniper. I have an AR that does 32k base damage and then poops out a grenade when it hits.

I was just playing with some pubs after we beat Pete. One of them poo poo out a bunch of oranges and pinks. Luckily for me I got everything I was looking for with the exception of the infinity pistol, cobra, and norfleet.

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 25, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Note that once the consoles get the 1.2 patch, that will no longer work since The Bee will no longer apply to the unfired shots in a thrown Tediore weapon.

And noone will ever beat hyperius again.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

Hyperius is the worst raid boss ever. Pete the Invincible is at least doable solo, and drops more than 8 of those retarded Seraph Crystals.

Pete gave us 14, although it doesn't look like the seraph weapons are worth a drat anyways

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

The only ones that are worth the crystals are the shooting star and the melee +35% if you're melee Zer0. Shooting star is basically a better bonus package and the melee thing can easily make you do more than a million damage.

I have a melee relic that gives me +46% melee with backstab and killing blow bonuses. Although all of the melee I've done sucks

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

That's a class mod not a relic. It takes some practice to get into the swing of it but once you do you'll be one shotting anything aside from some bosses.

I forgot that it was a class mod. I never use anything other than the Legendary Mod. I should probably clear a bunch out to make some space for more legendaries.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

echronorian posted:

I played Borderlands 2 a lot when it first came out and got my gunzerker up to level 44. Then I stopped playing. The DLC has brought me back in but my gear is totally poo poo, judging by the last two pages there are a lot of good strategies and gearbuilds people are finding. I'm wondering how do I find some of that? Who should I be raiding? Is there a website people are leaning on for information?

Your best bet for finding legendaries and decent gear is to raid/glitch into the treasure room from the Captain Scarlett DLC. You can also earn some serious scratch by picking up the valuable items, save/quit, and sell off anything you don't want to keep. You can even get the legendary class mods that are normally found on Vermivorous (the final evolved form of the varkid.)

Good Legendary/Rare Loot:

Boss - Location - Weapon

Doc Mercy - Three Horns Divide - Infinity Pistol
Jimbo and Hector Hodunk - The Dust - Slagga SMG *
Mick Zaford - The Dust - Maggie Pistol * (Try to get the Two-Fer variety)
The Warrior - Vault of the Warrior - Conference Call Shotgun
Madame Von Bartlesby - The Tundra - Baby Maker SMG
Hunter Hellquist - Arid Nexus Badlands - The Bee Shield **
BNK3R - The Bunker - The Sham Shield
Boom and Bewm - Southern Shelf - Bonus Package Grenade
Terramorphous the Invincible - Terramorphous Peak - Hide of Terramorphous shield

Frostburn Canyon - Lascaux SMG - Found in a puddle near the Spiderant Frozen Pond
Sand Hawk SMG - Quest Reward for a Captain Scarlett DLC Mission "Whoops"
Law Pistol - Quest Reward for "Won't Get Fooled Again" Available pretty early in the game. ***
Order Shield - Quest Reward for "BFFs" Available after the "Where Angels Fear to Tread" mission (Late Game) ***

* You can't get both of these items in the same playthrough unless you glitch into the treasure room or trade for one. You have to choose to side with either the Zafords or Hodunks.

** The Bee is going to be nerfed in an upcoming patch. Use it while you can. It is also unknown if the existing items will be "grandfathered" in, although I highly doubt it.

*** These two items are unremarkable when used individually, but when used together, can be used to replenish crazy amounts of health. Your R3 button will hate you though.

Edit: Most of these items can be found by glitching into the Treasure Room, although none are guaranteed to be there.

Anyone else can feel free to add on with what works for you.

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 26, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

^burtle posted:

This. I enjoyed it but Mr. Torgue yelled LOOTSPLOSION and nothing happened.

I got the LOOTSPLOSION but by the time the credits rolled, there was a few trash weapons left and a few bars of the almost useless eridium.

Does the sham absorb elemental damage as well? If I were to go solo Pete and he hits me with one of his gently caress off insta-corrode or insta-burn, can I absorb it and take no damage?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Bugsy posted:

My LOOTSPLOSION actually happened (the loot was very mediocre) but my credits were completely silent. Was there supposed to be music/dialogue during it?

I got some dialogue at the beginning between moxxi and tiny tina.

This last DLC was very buggy and I'm kind of disappointed. I've had a few freezes happen in the tier 3 bar fight mission where there is so much going on. Also, with 4 players, there is considerable frame rate, but that isn't really related to just the DLC.

The torgue DLC was kind of just "drive here, kill X, drive here, kill Y". The tokens (and seraph crystals) are a terrible idea. I finished the DLC with just about 300 tokens (I didn't do every single mission, but I did do quite a few) and I'm nowhere close to getting an under leveled orange weapon. I have only just enough to get a head or some random purple that I can find somewhere else for 1/50th the effort. The crystals are the same thing. Why grind these 1 per day bosses for 2 weeks only to get some lovely gun that has equivalent stats to a blue or purple?

I certainly hope they will offer some kind of upgrade option in future releases, because I'll be damned if I have to hunt for oranges again when (if?) they increase the level cap. They're only going to encourage rampant hacking and modding otherwise.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You don't understand. In the very few hours I do have available to me to play video games in a week, I'd rather be doing things that don't involve killing the same mobs over and over for hours. That's not fun.

Not to mention the freezing issues because the game can't process everything at once. It isn't freezing with multiple players, it's freezing while playing solo for me.

The idea that I want to spend 6 hours to get a weapon that is 2 levels underleveled is ridiculous.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

orcane posted:

Regarding that, I really think for replay value it's a mistake to only have easy playthrough one that gets you to about level 35, and hard TVHM and nothing in between. Mainly because the game doesn't scale PT1 and you can only replay quests once per playthrough.

Playing the different characters is great but barely reaching the final skill in PT1 isn't, nor is constantly outlevelling areas and quests. This really takes the fun out of replaying the earlier zones for me.

But then the alternative is going on with PT2/TVHM and suddenly a lot of my fun depends on how much I min-max my loadout and spec, and that gets tiring really fast as well.

I really miss a mode that scales enemy damage and health like in PT1, but that scales quests and areas to your character level. One I could replay to mess with level 50 specs, instead of having to launch "fake difficulty mode" for MMO-style boss farming.

I think part of the problem with these crazy raid bosses is that they're designing them to be beaten with the bee/cc combo. I just solo'd Pete by glitching him onto the ledge and spamming him with shotguns and a bee from behind the scaffolding so I wouldn't be hit by his nova. It took me a good 20 minutes to do that. Without the bee/glitch, I don't even know if I would have gotten his shields down

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Yeah how am I supposed to get this thing, it's a .88 for any sniper rifle drop which means that it is an even lower drop rate considering they have to drop a sniper rifle first.

What are the odds of them dropping a ordinary sniper rifle?

After farming for about an hour, I would say you're lucky to get them to consistently drop something other than cash or white level grenades

Edit: theoretically, the odds of finding a Tiny Tina Cobra is 1 in 87 bazillion, right?

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ClemenSalad posted:

Learn to think of your deception as a giant grenade and put 5 points in unforeseen with a class mod if possible. I got through TVHM solo without too many hangups.

Assuming I don't suck at math, statistically there's only a 66% chance of getting one if you do it 121 times. ((.9912^121)-1) :smith:

I think this is how the drops work in this game. When killed (or possibly when the enemy spawns,) a random number is generated that corresponds to a drop list/loot table in the case of certain bosses. The cobra is on that list .88% of the tables for the burner gang. So if there 1000 possible drops, approximately 9 of them are a cobra.

So, the good news is that for every enemy you kill, you have the same chance of getting the cobra on the first try as the 10,000th try. The bad news is that you have a less than 1% chance of getting it every time you kill a burner.

• Locked thread