Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I play a lvl 50 Assassin and a lvl 38 Commando. Assassin is way more fun. Would love to go after Vermiverous, have done it before and it was pretty awesome.
Let me know you're from SA. Xbox live gamertag: LydiRae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I'll be on in a couple hours. I have house things to do. Responsible adult things! Laundry!
Also I don't like to use a microphone when I play, because I suck at hearing people breathe into their headsets. So we will communicate by my hopping in morse code.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Sorry, I gotta drop right now; I've got work to be at on weekday mornings. Will you be online tomorrow? We could get some exterminating in then.

Yeah, I hope so. Maybe afternoon, but probably more likely in the late evening. Of course I'm on Pacific Time, so when I say late evening I mean after my nine.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Also, Seneschal: I'm central timezone and I usually need to have things wrapped up around midnight here. We can try for weeknights when the stars are right, but are you free on the weekends?

It's really a matter of when my kid sleeps. Sometimes he's even in bed by 9, but usually it's later. He hates sleep. I'l try to get on tonight and respec for non-melee.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

You have totally missed the charm of Bandit e-Tech crap [Spending an entire minute trying to kill one Psycho and killing everything but said Psycho by way of stray ricocheting energy bursts].

You don't play a Gunzerker, do you? :colbert:

I'm trying to remember if I've ever found a Bandit weapon I liked. Never seen a level 50 gold of theirs. I think I had a really awesome rocket launcher once from them at an earlier level.

Mostly I love Vladof and Maliwan although I will never ever toss out my Confrence Call, because I have a bee shield.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Okay, I'm going to get on for a couple hours and farm BNK-3R because I can't get the unreality head to drop. More than 60 kills and still no head. It's honestly a little boring since I use the Bee and the Conference call and can sometimes down him in less than a minute, but most of the time there is a good purple or two.

Send me an invite and I'll join your game. Xbox user name is Lydi Rae. Up for killing things like Leviathan or Verminiverous or Terramorphous but not interested in freaking lovely seraph guardians.

I don't use a headset. You can try telling me what to do but all I can guarantee is that I won't grab for all the loot. I have to play this game almost on mute because I'm hiding from some germans in an attic.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Wish I could have stuck around longer, but Mechwarrior (whose friendslist is full) got me to 41 and now I gotta go find more loot. You gave me the knight's helmet for Axton and a bunch of other hilarious guns I haven't even sorted through.

And I got my headset working, which is probably what woke my kid up, but oh well. Sucks being west coast, because east coast players need sleep. I'm also startled at how easy the wildlife exploitation annex was. Maybe Verminiverous tonight. Getting him to spawn is the hard part, but I like using the Tundra Express Farmhouse as a spawn point.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

If this is a thing, then I'm totally down for it tonight.

I'll be on later tonight, probably late but I'm there. Pew pew pew, etc.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

I have heads. gt: arkitekt4k

What I need is someone to let me dupe 3 sets of them. one for that person, one for me so I can unlock all of the heads I carry around and haven't used, and another get them all on one character so I can dupe them easily in the future.

Does anyone have the whiteout assassin skin?

I JUST picked up Whiteout last night, and I'm a few hundred kneeling asault rifle kills from the Dahl skin that comes from that. Let me get that finished and I'll dupe both for you, presuming you haven't gotten that pointless achievement.

Anybody still want to finish the "I Like My Monsters Rare" challenge from Sir Hammerlock's DLC? Gotta find those Pink Boroks... I wouldn't care, but the skin for the assassin is a goddamn zebra. Only gotten a Pink Borok to spawn with three people in multiplayer. Anybody on pacific time? No?

So I have a headset. I dug it out after deciding it was infuriating to not be able to talk. Xbox name is Lydi Rae.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I can't remember if it was Neohellbeast or Arkitekt that suggested we try the Creature Slaughter Dome on TVHM, but who's down for that tonight?

Also who actually has that DLC? Yes, I'm a cheap jackass.

Sure? I get on at 10 pacific time though. So if I miss you I won't be suprised.
Also, found good cosplay!
http://imgur.com/gallery/Y55du

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

The Duke posted:

I had good luck finding pink boroks by going up the elevator to the north part of Hunter's Grotto (like you're going to kill Bulstoss). Sometimes they are around Bulstoss' area as well. I had no problems completing the challenge solo, other than finding one last slag spore (coincidentally in that same area).

Also I'd love that Dahl skin for Zero if it isn't too much trouble. Won't be able to get on for another couple of days but I can hook you up with the Dahl skin for Sal when I complete it, I'm like 500 kills away. Doing it on another character would drive me insane, I think.

Neo Helbeast (Mechwarrior) has the Dahl Predator and Whiteout I duped for Zero. I also got the skin from Sir Hammerlock's last night, could dupe it for anyone who wants to look like a zebra.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Getting on in twenty minutes or so to grind for an hour. What I'm doing, I have no idea. I'll take on the Torgue Bar, though. Done it a few times before and that poo poo gets bananas.
Also I am a zebra. This skin for Zero thrills me more than I can say.

Edit: Whoops guys I got real life happening right now. I'll try for late, 10pm PST.

Seneschal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 19, 2013

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
This is probably a question for the google, but I wanted to ask here in case anyone could dupe it. Watching that video of the guy farming the ohm ohm uhm thing got me wondering- are there any explosive SMGs? I've never seen one. I know Torgue doesn't make them but I thought Bandit might.

It also has me contemplating playing a Siren, which would probably be days of power-leveling, but it looks pretty cool and I've done everything with Zero.

Jake Blues posted:

Well, I got the brilliant idea of having my buddy log in with the silver account as the host, joined his game and went back through the Torgue DLC. Since he hasn't done any actual missions, everything was at lvl30 (sadly, including guns), but I was one-shot gibbing drat near everything! Badasses, Super Badasses, even Pyro Pete! It was the most unbelievable fun ever.

Dude, this is the perfect time to work on the achievements that give you skins, like one-shotting through shields, direct rocket launcher hits, quickdraws with pistols, or the mind-boggling 3200 kills with an assault rifle while kneeling. So much easier in the first playthrough.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

Wait, what? This is a thing? I hope you at least get a badass skin out of it.

It's the only way to get a Dahl Predator skin, unless someone is so kind as to dupe you theirs. It takes forever, but you can get 400 at a time by farming Bloodshot Stronghold or a hundred at Southpaw Steam and Power. Bloodshot Cauldron is good too.

delpheye posted:

All true. Don't forget point blank shotgun blasts and rocket launcher splash damage.

And, I'll help PL a Siren for you. They're kinda fun at 50. I have a rocket build with a hell witch mod so I phaselock a thing, fire a bunch of rockets at it, and the rockets ricochet all over the place creating doom and gloom.

Okay, maybe we can do that tonight. I'll make her when I get home from work.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Story missions are a great way to level. After you left, we moved to TVHM in my game and after killing Jack ended up at 23, I think. So 1 to 23 from what, Data Mining to the end?

We went from Data mining to the end, yep, and I went from level 1 to 24. I got my Siren to Sanctuary in story mode after we quit, which was insanely easy and a lot quicker because I skipped all the side quests. She's now level 25 after helping Scooter with his failed plan to make the city fly.

I was really surprised that her phaselock ability was working on level 50 constructors and skags. I think I was only level 19 when I finally got a skag off the ground for Wendigo's turret. It was good times.
And then after we killed Jack I got a bunch of loot, and have a ton of low-level gold and purple weapons, shields, and grenade mods.

Jake Blues posted:

Last night was the first time I've been in a game with four players and holy poo poo that gets crazy. We were in my lvl50 TVHM game session when a lvl3 Siren joined, and skyrocketed to lvl15 in under 10 minutes. She even leveled up from dying, it was the fastest I've seen anyone boost, so it will be my new strategy when I work through other characters. Definitely gonna try to get more of those games going, that was a lot of fun!

It is the coolest feeling to ding so fast, especially since I'm used to the blue-balls mode of play. When you want a turn to power-level I'll bring my level 50 in.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

Well, except for my buddy that's missing his fourth weapon slot.
I'm definitely going to start a new character next week and try to jump into anyone's game that will have me. I can't compliment this game enough, I'm honestly addicted to finding all the guns, doing all the quests, having all the fun. I don't care if my teammate is dogmeat every ten seconds, this game loving OWNS.

Is it worth my time to find a cheap copy of Borderlands 1 if I can get the DLC? Any major differences that may sway my decision?

Get Borderlands 1. Just do it.
Download General Knox and Dr. Ned, skip Moxxi's Underdome unless you REALLY want a bank, which you do.
General Knox was the best expansion ever, and I can only hope that someday they bring Athena back. You'll be fighting the Lance for most of this, before they form the Crimson Raiders.

I got bored with Dr. Ned. Weird, it's been three years and there's STILL zombies in everything... but most people liked it. I liked how they brought in Old Haven again.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

jebrown84 posted:

Anyone up for helping me in Mr. Finks Slaughterhouse?
jhonthedarkside is GT on xbox.

Gimmie a few hours and I'll get on, 10 pacific time. What level are you going for?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I'm not digging the new character all that much, but seeing him in action might change my mind. Jazzed as hell about the next DLC and the possibility to add new levels to my Assassin. Hope they release more information soon.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

themachine posted:

I posted a litle while ago about hopefully finding someone to help me get my commando to 50 and finish up the story missions in TVHM, and also maybe get a hook up on some sweet oranges. Well, I wasn't able to be on due to crazy time with work, but am now. MY gamertag is Drangiz, please feel free to hit me up, I'm just about to start the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve mission.

I hit you with a friend request a bit ago. I'm Lydi Rae, and I can help you out with my 50 assassin or join you as a mid-40's siren or commando, and dupe you my arsenal. It isn't complete, but that's only because I like to only keep the "fun" things. To be honest I usually just rely on the infinity pistol, the hellfire, and the confrence call.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

I have the M Bison head too if anyone wants it. I also have all of Bunker's heads. hit me up if I'm on. gt: arkitekt4k

I keep forgetting to bug you about the Assassin's Unreality head. I am sick to death of farming BNK-3R.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Greenplastic posted:

Oh no, now comes the dilemma: Play Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode at level 50 and actually get to use all my oranges and play the main story at a predictable, balanced difficulty, OR play it with the cap raise, getting more skill points but jumping back on the gear-treadmill and making all my oranges obsolete??? Oh, and I guess, a .000000005% chance of getting a Pearlescent weapon if I get the cap raise. Agggh, it's a painful choice.

I've just got my siren to 50 and am debating this too. Though I think I'll just level my commando, or do the DLC before the cap raise. I don't mind things becoming obsolete, I know just about everyone on here will dupe the crazy rear end poo poo that they get.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
So I did the Pirate Booty DLC in less than two hours last night with my power-leveled Siren. The enemies were all around level 30 and I'm 50. I was gibbing things like crazy, which was sort of unsportsmanlike but still fun, and I was struck by a weird thought. That DLC has a LOT of walking. Maybe it was the Rustyards quests but I just can't get into it anymore.

Guess I can skip it on the second playthrough. I've already got the head I wanted.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Proof that goons have way to much time on their hands. Wendigo, Kid Kamprus, Delpheye and I killed the Warrior using only talking weapons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2S8N6iVhVU

Think how hard it would be to kill any boss using only white and green equipment. It would probably take an hour.

Now that I've read that Ultimate Vault Hunter will have a story reset option, I need to start working on playthrough 2 with my Siren and just work on the challenges that get new skins and badass points. This game is making the collector in me rear its' ugly head and I'm totally obsessed.

I think I have a little glitch with my Assassin. I'm missing the special pre-order head, and I know I had it at one point. My Siren still has hers. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Everyone has the vault veteran but only my first character has the special edition one. this is disappointing.

I specifically remember my Assassin having the special edition head, and now my Siren does but Zero's lost it. I need to check my Commando and Gunzerker to see if they do because honestly I don't know. I just hope the glitch doesn't take my other heads.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I just started using the Evil Smasher this last week, so I haven't had a chance to be done with it yet. I'll be on tonight farming Terramorphous or whatever I can do until it updates.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Just got my first new E-tech Relic. They seem to be slightly less than existing relics (And my current level anyway), but contain combos which didn't exist before.

I will squeal with glee the moment I find a Maliwan damage bonus plus SMG accuracy or rocket launcher reload. Hell, I want there to be gold relics now. JESUS GOD ADJUST THE LOOT TABLES WILL YOU. I like having the gear I've gotten, but I would have really liked to have found most of it myself.

On a side note, I ran into a level 52 Bullyrott, and died almost instantly. But I'm happy enough with my experience bar being active again that I don't even care. Respawning is only money, and it's mostly useless in the game anyway.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Feenix posted:

Ann crap ultimate mode is not available to me...

Best guess: I've beaten True VHM in a friend's game but not my own... Do I seriously have to slog through True to get ultimate??! I am level 50, etc.... :(

Should be a cake walk if you're 50. It's also pretty easy to keep a group play session going if you actually go do story missions instead of dick around.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Feenix posted:

It's not a difficulty thing it's an "I'm a new dad and I already beat it, just with my co-op friend, in his game, and so I don't want to do it all again because I don't exactly have the time." thing.

I guess I just have to play when he plays or something... :/

This is exactly why I'm only on from ten to midnight. Toddlers are hilarious but I seriously don't need him repeating what he hears from the Torgue Machines... although it would be awesome if he learned how to say *bleep* instead of swears.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

hippieman posted:

If your on 360, I need a co-op dad buddy, I can only play after the 2 year old goes to bed, so 10 to midnight California time for me. GT: hippieman

I will do Treasure Room runs and let him watch, and he now walks around going "Wow!" and "Nice" mimicking Maya.

Your friendslist is full. My GT is Lydi Rae but most nights I'll be co-op with my hubby because the new level cap has made him interested in the game again. I also loot-puked all over his mechromancer so he's totally enamored with his inventory.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

Just in time for them to all become obsolete, eh? haha

They're still better than 99.99999% of the drops we're getting.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I noticed those scavengers and hate their shields. Trying to knock them down with an electric Lucid Trance and take them out with my Blockhead, but they still stay up way too long. For guys who sorta look like normal marauders, they're way more difficult.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
loving derp double post.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've been having some poo poo luck with the drops on UVHM- it's dropping a lot of E-Techs. Specifically, a lot of Darts- I loving hate Darts! I swear I have seen like 4 of the goddamn things; one popped out of a drat Bullymong pile. The only worthwhile weapons I've gotten are a 52 electric Topaneaa and a 53 Thre Dog (which I can't use yet :argh:). Just cleared the Firehawk quest, so I guess I could try farming Scorch for a Hellfire and see how that goes.

I think UVHM is basically balanced for Legendary/Purple gear.

KEEP YOUR SLAG DARTS. I use Zero, and your approach may be different, but you have about two seconds before the darts go off, so use it! I toss in a grenade (Breath of Terramorphous) and dart the target about eight times, swap to the Sunny Blockhead (with bee shield) and that poo poo ALL hits at once. If I'm low on health I may melee the thing right before it dies to get some more regen.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Minorities posted:

What's the best place to farm the Open Wide! challenge? That's the point-blank shotgun kill one. It's the only one I need to finally get my gold/platinum trophy. I managed to kill Jimmy Jenkins twice tonight with my Siren while farming the WEP loot midget chests.

I like loading playthrough 1 and going to sawtooth cauldron or bloodshot ramparts to farm kills. Skags are pretty good and stupid and come right within close range, but I hate having to shoot at my feet half the time so I don't usually go for them.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

I've been farming Torgue tokens in TVHM by hitting the bar brawl and melting EVERYTHING within a minute. I spaz through about 400 tokens in half an hour. After collecting, I make the jump into UVHM and claim any legendary items worth the 61i5 tokens and jump between machines to be sure I'm finding the best gear.

Last night, after a few runs in TVHM, I started getting gear for the Psycho. I have about ten buzzsaw class mods now and am stoked as gently caress to try him out.

I saw a WHITE class mod for him last night that had 60% fire damage. I am starting to want to play him, but damnit, it makes my Zero look like a total gimp-mask-wearing tool.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Oh jesus have fun with that one.

Also, "Why aren't my fingers in someone's eye sockets" is my new favorite thing to mutter in line at the grocery store. Thanks, gearbox!

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I hosed up. Gave a loot dump to a friend, using all my characters, and his friend joined his game just as I dashboarded. It saved my empty inventory, loving everything is gone, and I didn't realize it until he'd gone to bed.

Anybody feel like duping any gear for my level 56 Assassin? I really would like my Slayer of Terramorphous class mod back.

EDIT: My xbox gamertag is Lydi Rae.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

My commando's 56 too, and I've got a 'roid shield I can offer you in addition to some decent guns n' such. You're on around 10 pm west coast time, right?

Yup. I could get on right now just to snag gear, though.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Go to your bounties page and and go to the banjo. Click it and click download. The head should show up in the character customization, not your inventory.

Nope?
I've beaten Poker Night 2 (thank you Omaha) and the heads and skins are associated with the table unlocks. You can get your heads and skin by using tokens to buy new decks, chips, and table felt.. You will only get the Max head by deploying all of the Sam & Max 25th Anniversary items. That means unlocking and selecting the felt, deck, and chips at once, which activates a scenery change and different soundtrack.

God how I love my Portal themed Zero. So awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

delpheye posted:

or a love thumper and a rapier.

What does Zer0 do well again?

Stacking crits with Rising Shot, drawing aggro with decoy... looking great in a unitard...

• Locked thread