Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Some fresh codes from Twitter:
PS3: 5T533-RB6TB-R65WT-H35T3-X96XC
WinPC/Mac: WJKTT-BT9TC-BSFTB-JBT3B-TKJRR
X360: CJCT3-CWFTZ-W5ZJ6-KRT33-WJ539

Not sure how long these will last, Pitchford didn't give details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

jackofarcades posted:

Here's spunky, who you might know as the Brick master from BL1, using a Bloodlust/Mania set to death metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNGpwlp4V4
Holy poo poo. :black101:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

TheMammoth posted:

What do posters here recommend I should do and/or which DLCs should I additionally purchase before trying to play co-op online? I was planning to play single-player for awhile just to level-up my character and familiarize myself with the basic mechanics. I know the OP said that it's also best to co-op with other players roughly around the same level as yourself, but is there a pre-requisite level which is recommended before jumping into co-op at all? Are some DLCs more important than others in terms of added backpack slots, weapons, or similar?
As others have said, you don't really need the DLC to be able to play co-op with folks. The main game is good enough on it's own. Of the three DLC released so far, the general consensus is that Torgue is funniest, Scarlett is most well thought-out in terms of gameplay, and Hammerlock is a boring, tedious slog that will almost make you wish to play Moxxi's Underdome again.* However, the coming Tiny Tina DLC just keeps looking better and better, so if you do decide to get any of them you may as well just get the Season Pass and live with three out of four. Just keep an eye open for any sales of the SP and go for it.

*Just kidding. Nothing will ever make me want to touch Underdome again.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Just a note to any XBox users: Gearbox is releasing a compatibility pack to get ready for the release of Tiny Tina's DLC, but at the moment XBL lists the pack as having a price attached. Gearbox has said to wait until they get that fixed (it's supposed to be free) before grabbing it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
By the by, thanks to the folks in the thread for the PC version, there is a new emoticon available: :torgue: YOU'RE WELCOME, MOTHERF**KERS!

56k posted:

Literally spent 17 golden keys in a row and didn't get an assault rifle once.

Is there a trick to getting gun classes?
Nope. It's random. Which is why I usually just use one or two once I get to a higher level and work with what it gives me. it's turned out well enough. You just have to roll with the punches, and hope someone you can get together with has what you need. As it is, ARs are just not as good this time around as they were in BL 1. I always have one in the backpack, but purely in case I run out of ammo for anything else that could do the job better.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Lucky bastids.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'd say to play the Tiny Tina DLC right after the main game, as they are directly connected. the other three can be played in whatever order you like.

You need to be at least level 30 to play it, and you should have completed the main game first. (Or at least gotten past the mission "Where Angels Fear To Tread.")

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Two new sets of SHIFT codes today. First, the Tiny Tina class mod for Gaige. I'm too goddamned lazy to copy it down, so here's the page:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BO1Qra9CAAI17hC.jpg:large

And codes for an epic shotgun, legendary grenade mod and legendary shield:

PS3: WTWBB-9RZ95-ZZWWT-SJ533-S9WF5
XBox 360: WTCJJ-TCZ5J-Z69J6-CRJT3-STTCT

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
These were mentioned over on the PC thread. Looks like the new upgrade pack has a couple of oopsies in it.

First, Kreig is going to have a lot easier time silencing those voices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVMDMmklQkw :suicide:

Second, if you use a Hoplite shield then you're going to have a few problems:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-traVDMg1ek :zombie:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Oh gently caress, if the final drop is going to be a Flakker, they better do something to it to make it useful or gently caress that noise.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Edward IV posted:

They did change it to make bigger explosions so it might be better.
NOPE.AVI

It still has the same issues which makes it only semi-useful in most circumstances. I went into Southern Shelf and was letting psychos run up to me to get some point-blank kills and it KEPT. loving. MISSING. Nor could it hit anything at ranges I get kills with using white Torgue shotguns.

:downsgun:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Just for anyone still debating getting this:

Game of the year Edition is on sale on Steam for $15

:torgue:

EDIT: I'm :derp: & forgot this is the console thread. Still, if you have any PC friends, pass it on.

Doodles fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is there a separate thread for the Pre-Sequel or are we just gonna use this thread for general Borderlands chat?
There's a new thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603

I never understood the reason for separate threads for consoles/PC.

• Locked thread