Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My first time going through PT2, Boom Bewm dropped a homing sticky Bonus Package. It is by far and away the best grenade mod I've seen. The thing just tears through everything, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to go against the grain and say that Sanctuary keys are better used as a person is leveling up. At level 50 almost all of the best in slot items are orange and you can't get those from the Sanctuary chest.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I beat the game with every side mission and am now starting SUper Vault HUnter mode or whatever.

WHYYYYYYYYY is it so loving hard?!

I'm level 37, and getting dominated before I get to Sanctuary.
It's certainly one hell of a jump. My suggestions would be to check everywhere for better gear because once you hit level 35-ish the jump in item quality from level to level gets pretty large, to check your skills and possibly respec to play around with other builds, and also be sure you have a good shock weapon because all enemy shields grant resists to every element except shock. That's not the case in normal mode so shock gets kind of overlooked but it's a ton more important in TVHM.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Random question - where are some good places to run a lot of quick chests? I feel like compulsively looting for a while.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh and in case people don't follow Gearbox on Twitter, they've already announced when all of the golden key giveaways will be this weekend. Each one will be time limited instead of redemptions limited so they'll be good for 3 hours. First one will be posted at 6 PM Central today. They're really all over the place time-wise so non-US people should be able to get a couple too.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/951/borderlands-2-golden-keys-incoming

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It really is hilarious how trivial Deathtrap makes anything that flies.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretty sure bullets absorbed by an absorb shield do no damage but I'm not 100% on that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

RagingBoner posted:

(Shift key is your friend.)

How the gently caress did you hit level cap in two days? Did you leave the couch? Are your eyes bleeding?
He said he hit the level cap in the original.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I just realized something. Roland is a former vault hunter, which means his biometric data is still probably saved in the New-U stations. Why isn't he just reconstructed when he dies? For that matter, why isn't Jack?

Maybe I'm just reading too much into the story.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Poala Bear posted:

I was curious about that and didn't accept the quest in TVHM until I had Eridium Blight access. Demong, King Mong, and Donkey Mong don't get name changes but its hilarious to see a "Super Badass Bonerfart" throwing rocks at you.
They really dropped the ball by not calling badasses "Napoleon Bonerfart."

e: Against ION loaders, longbow grenades teleport through the shield. Use those.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a shortcut to the Warrior after you complete the end quest or do you have to go all the way through Hero's Pass every time?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The General posted:

I'll give restarting the quest a whirl. As for the Varka's it wouldn't let me mutate another, as I had tried several times. I'll check it out nexttime I boot it up.
When I was on that quest once the mutated varkid killed me and then when I respawned the thing literally disappeared off the face of the earth, but it was still registering as alive so I couldn't mutate another one. Restarting the game let me mutate another one and go from there.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is Blood Soaked Shield actually supposed to be a 5-point skill? I tried out anarchy tonight for the first time and being able to recharge your shields 100% instantly after each kill seems really broken. It's also only a 1-point skill on the website.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Speedball posted:

The thing that makes it not broken is the fact that max Blood-Soaked Shields will dock you 5% of your health every time you kill. You need to have some sort of health regeneration to sustain yourself.
I counter that with a shotgun that reloads after every shot and 5 points in Cooking Up Trouble. That 5% recharges in a little over a second.

Before this I had been focusing primarily on Deathtrap skills, but I think I'm doing Anarchy from now on.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured too but I looked it up in a faq and it claimed that it is indeed supposed to open.
I could only get it to open by crouching in front of it and looking at a very specific spot on the front side, but it does indeed open.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

To expand on this question, is it possible to have someone use an extra profile on my xbox and play split screen that way and have the character saved? My girlfriend and I tried to do this on her ps3 copy of Borderlands and it just erased my new guy after we finished playing.
I did this last night on PS3 and it worked just fine for me. I created a level 1 assassin then started a new game with a level 50 mechromancer and joined the game with the assassin on a second controller and boosted him from there and it worked fine.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Code just worked for me so its still good as of 8am PST.
Same. I just redeemed the PS3 key and it's still working.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I beat the Warrior for the last story mission on TVHM with my Gunzerker and it dropped a Conference Call. Now I don't have to farm for one or dupe one. :hellyeah:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
My guess is "fixing the downside" means they'll give the Bee an amplify drain. It probably won't be large, but it'll keep people from being able to spam amp shots.

Making the recharge delay even longer doesn't really matter for some classes (Mechromancer with Blood Soaked Shield, I'm looking at you) so I don't think they'd go that route. My only other guess would be that they plan to drop the Bee's capacity so low that it's practically nothing, which would be kind of funny.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ShadowedFlames posted:

Think I read somewhere that the downside of The Bee is that your shots weaken when the shield is depleted or charging. I have not tried to see if this is true however. If it is, making that worse (say, 1 damage a shot) may be what he's referring to. This is all just speculation on my part though.
Okay, now that would be really interesting. I kind of hope they do that now.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

strangemusic posted:

Uuughhh.

How are you supposed to kill the Leviathan?

I run out of useful ammo long before denting his rear end.
You can only hurt him by hitting his weak points, which are the blue puffy things.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Or just use a Bee and a (preferably Hyperion) shotgun.
I'm partial to the Badaboom myself, but either way works pretty well.

e: Salvador reminds me a lot of mage classes in a lot of action RPGs in that he starts off really weak but eventually becomes the strongest character in the endgame.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
When you beat the Warrior as part of the final quest he's guaranteed to drop at least one orange, right? That's how I got my CC. If I had to farm him I'd cry.

Although since the final area is completely clear of enemies until you reach him, I've thought about maybe using him to boost new characters with the bonus that I'll be farming at the same time.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Bee + CC + Evil Smasher glitch. Nothing can withstand all of that, except maybe for Master Gee because he's kind of a special kind of bullshit.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The fact that fast travel points are also save points was a hilariously poor design decision and has hosed me over countless times also.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to be very sad when they fix the Evil Smasher glitch. It's hilarious how quickly things fall with that.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

Good loving luck. I've been at it for about 300 kills now and nothing but at least I've gotten to the point where I can just use the geyser to launch my rear end right next to where Doc Mercy spawns and not have to deal with all the skags, rakks and bandits on the way. I'll add you so I can toss all the legendaries I've gotten from the treasure room to save you some grief.
I found an Infinity while glitching through the treasure room last night. It was such a good feeling knowing I wasn't going to have to try to farm it from Doc Mercy.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

abaddonis posted:

It is also worth noting that they didn't fix the treasure room glitch.
Or the Evil Smasher glitch. Seriously, if you're bummed out about the Bee nerfs, just use that. You don't even need the Bee.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

WhiteHowler posted:

I've read a few posts on how to do this, but I've never gotten it to work. Is there some trick to it?
All you have to do is keep attempting to reload the ES until you see the explosion effect, then once the gun finishes reloading just switch to another gun. All the bonuses from the ES charge will apply to your other guns also until either you reload one of those guns or you switch back to the ES. You see the explosion immediately, so if you don't see it as soon as you start to reload switch away from the ES and back again really fast and try again.

e: There's also apparently a way you can make the ES charge effect trigger on any of your guns even after unequipping it but it requires a bunch of specifically timed stuff and I haven't played with it that much. I think it's called the "KSS glitch" if you want to look it up.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 14, 2012

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

brickswereshat posted:

How does the process of duping go? Please explain as if you're speaking to a brain-damaged chimpanzee. I have 2 grenade mods Corrosive Nasty Surprise and Rolling Thunder), 2 zerker Terramorphous class mods, a Bee and a CC to share. GT on 360 is Nomnom1975
Get in a game with someone, throw the weapon you want to dupe on the ground, make sure the other person doesn't do anything to make your game save, then exit to the dashboard.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Digital_Jesus posted:

So that code someone posted on the last page gave my friend 11 keys when he entered it....

I only got 3 :(
Really? All of the codes I've ever entered (including this one) have only given me one key each.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kifisonfire posted:

It's in the Wildlife Preserve. Once you get in the building after Timon and Pumbaa, turn to your right to find 2 vending machines and a new entrance.
It's also a Gamestop exclusive IIRC.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The Tortoise has more capacity than that I think, but it doesn't scale like that one does.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The Berzerker posted:

Hmm. I beat TVHM with my Siren, everything scaled to 50, did a bunch of the sidequests that I waited to accept... but when I entered Oasis for the first time (and it was the first time, I got the opening cutscene and everything) the enemies scaled to 50 but the quests are only 35. What gives?
For some reason everything in Oasis stays at 35 even for PT 2.5 until you beat the DLC campaign. Everything from Wurmwater on should be 50, have you left Oasis?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Gee is bugged to not drop Seraph Crystals. He can drop a similar amount of items compared to Terramorphous, but that's not guaranteed either.
Supposedly the patch coming out fixes it but I haven't been following the patch news that closely.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

They probably should have put a space in, but I'm reasonably sure they're referring to "the leading edge of a dangerous weather pattern," not "a bunch of shithead Neo-Nazis".
There is a space, actually. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

fallin1 posted:

Yes, I think it might have stealth nerfed the treasure room glitch too. My gun target is huge in there now and I can't line up my movements correctly.
It should still work unless they completely changed the map for that level. It's a glitch with the map itself, not with anything that the game engine would fix.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

The DLC for the PS3 is finally up.
Downloading it now.

I couldn't get it from the game menu though, I had to go into the PSN store (which apparently was also updated just now to be more confusing and "user friendly") and get it through the Games->PS3 Add-Ons section. It says $9.99 on the menu but if you have the season pass it will come up as free once you select it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
How. In the gently caress. Are you supposed to kill the final boss.

Edit for more specific griping: Am I missing something or does he reflect all bullets? That... seems like it's going to be a problem.

Another update: Just ended up cheesing him by reloading the Evil Smasher until I had a level 4/5 charge and then running him through with it. The reflected bullets downed me but I was able to kill him while down. No Bee, because I'm merciful. That's what heroes do, they show mercy.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a seraph vendor anywhere in the Torgue DLC?

• Locked thread