Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I have the bee and sherrif's badge to go with it so come on down. PSN is Marogareh.

Thanks for the stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I worked 11 and a half hours day without a lunch, and it's all good after listening to Mr. Torgue. Hopefully I'll be on later to get Gaige to level 50 and can experience the Bee, Maggie, and a Sheriff's Badge

PSN: DrSmasher if anyone wants to join me killing things, or wants help killing things

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm adding "Wee Jet Loaders that are 4 levels above me and NEVER loving LAND" to my list of unreasonably annoying enemies. I can't really do anything in the area until I kill it since it can kill me if like 2 of its rockets make contact, but it's also flying so high above me I really don't have a chance to do anything to it. :argh:

I'm adding Jimmy Jenkins to that list because I've never had that rear end in a top hat appear ever.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Feeble posted:

Am I the only one who uses that "Defend slab tower" mission to farm purples and XP? You set the goliath flag down where the robots drop and let them get their helmet knocked off then let them run around killing the loaders and friendly psychos until they go god-alith then just let them run around killing loaders and everything so that the whole "You get 3x the xp for every enemy the goliath kills" thing. Then just leave the area when its about to end.
Did that around 2 dozen times last night on TVHM and got like 5000xp every time and an almost guaranteed lvl 46 purple every time. If I recall right from playthrough 1 you can get like lvl 26-7 purples there.

I dunno, thought that might be useful for anyone reaching that point.

Also, anyone got any decent tips for soloing terramorphous? I've got the bee and I managed to kick his rear end the first time I fought him but I haven't been able to touch him since.

I just tried soloing Terramorphous with the Bee, Maggie and a Sheriff's Badge and got massacred after knocking him down to about half health. I need to thank Magoreh (sorry about the misspelling) for showing up and helping me kill the crap out of him. I wanted to give him the lvl 50 Legendary Assassin Mod he dropped but had to leave.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

jackofarcades posted:

Got to 50 and beat PT2, time to start farming I guess.

PS3 players can add me, JackOfArcades. Not really sure what I'm doing in the end game, though. I play support Maya.

Looting for goods to kill Terramorphous and not die immediately to Hyperius and Master Gee if you got the Captain Scarlett DLC seems like the end result of PT2. maybe finishing every sidequest for the Trophy or getting level 1 of every Challenge for the trophy too.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gunzerking with conference calls. It's so much fun to even just talk about this game.

I might take a Gunzerker to 50 so I can Gunzerk with two Maggies and a Bee. That sounds like it would cause so much pain.

ClemenSalad posted:

So I'm in TVHM with Zero and I've noticed all the boss drops have fallen through the world. I haven't received a single gun from any boss. I've watched them disappear and at first I just thought it was me seeing things but I killed Doc Mercy and the quest item fell through the world too. Is this a common problem? Because this sucks.

One thing I've noticed with both Axton and Gaige in TVHM is that Flynt's Tinderbox gun, which drops every drat time in normal mode, never drops. I don't know if it just doesn't spawn, or falls through the world, or what, but I've never seen it in TVHM.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 1, 2012

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

Unkempt Harold is no joke :stare:. The treasure glitch is pretty much the best place to get unspecific legendaries. I've gotten a legendary mechro mod, shredifier, maggie, gub, veruc, whisky tango foxtrot, bonus package, hornet, invader, volcano and unkempt harold. Hell I'll probably get the god damned infinity in here than that loving rear end in a top hat with the titan grip on it.

I've seen you do it but I don't have a drat clue how it works or where the sweet spot is to get it going. Also thanks again for the stuff!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Words cannot express my hatred for the side mission Customer Service.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Skeezy posted:

Playing through as Axton now and I'm doing the Fire hawk cult quest. I feel as though the game is pretty dang hard at this point. I keep dying and it bores me when that happens.

Axton dies pretty easily unless you dump a bunch of points into the right-most tree, which is basically the 'get out of death free card'

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Smokey posted:

Any tricks to beating that hyperius guy as a ninja assassin thing? I'm barely making a dent no matter what combo of equipment i use thanks

I've tried probably a half dozen times or more to kill him and have only whittled down maybe 1/10 of his health with all kinds of combos (Bee + Maggie, Bee + burning Baby Maker, Maggie + Hide of Terramorphous, some lvl 50 Hyperion Corrosive SMG + Bee), I just do not get how you're supposed to kill him.

gently caress whoever thought he'd be a good idea.

I've mostly given up on him and started going for the "get at least level 1 in all non-area specific challenges" trophy.

edit: This is as a Mechromancer

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 11, 2012

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm getting burnt out it. I just want a goddamn Conference Call so I can get pissed off when I use that and die against Hyperius for the two dozenth time.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Pitchford said that they're going to add more stuff for you to use eridium on in the future.

It better be item slots, because gently caress only being able to carry 27 things + current equipment

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

Finally managed to beat hyperius and with a melee attack no less. I was chucking baby makers with another dude to great effect. Now on to Master Gee :suicide:

Just wait until the game freezes up when you kill him! His fight is so incredibly stupid. Kill worms, guide him through center of worm acid blood three or four times so his shields start dropping, hide behind rock by entrance, go make sandwich or post on the internet, swear at console when he dies and game locks up.

:suicide:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I believe the Master Gee console freeze occurs when playing with someone else. I've seen other people beat him and no freeze when soloing him.

Nope. I've solo'd him twice, game locks up as he dies. Maybe it's because I plug the controller in and go do other stuff while I hide behind a rock and wait for him to die.

edit: If someone wants some dupes, let me know. I got a Shredifier, Legendary Mechro mod, a bunch of Maggies, a CC, Bee, some rocket launchers and stuff, a Baby Maker, and a bunch of other level 50 stuff. PSN: DrSmasher

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

The DLC for the PS3 is finally up.

I just looked for it and it's not there. Maybe I'll just reboot. I need explosions.

edit: NM. Explosions are downloading. Goddamn this is gonna be good.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 21, 2012

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mr Phillby posted:

The whole 'ultimate coward' spiel felt a little ironic after I spent most of the boss battles in the DLC hiding behind things. In TVHM they can kill you so quickly and there's often no way to avoid damage if you try and take them on directly.

I know TVHM is supposed to be a challenge, and that the game isn't really balanced for solo play, but some of these fights just felt badly designed.

Piston himself was a fun fight at least! Running circles around him and backing off from his jump attacks, more of that please gearbox!

I breezed through Pyro Pete and the Flyboy fight. Motor Momma, on the other hand... well, I guess I didn't need to have money anymore. God drat the second phase was infuriating.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

abaddonis posted:

And noone will ever beat hyperius again.

Hyperius is the worst raid boss ever. Pete the Invincible is at least doable solo, and drops more than 8 of those retarded Seraph Crystals.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

abaddonis posted:

How did you solo hyperius? What was your build?

yeah, I want to know this as well.

I'm guessing it involves Bees and Babymakers.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
So I just need an Infinity and a Norfleet now... God those will take forever to grind.

edit: looks like I need them now before the Bee gets nerfed.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Slayer1597 posted:

AWW gently caress, they fixed the fleshstick bug? I knew I should have leveled my characters when I had the chance :(

It's not like it's that hard to level up. poo poo, the two DLC packs are worth 5 or 6 levels each. Besides, one can only listen to 'There he is. Flesh-stick.' so many times before your ears want to claw their way out of your head.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Dross posted:

What is the amp damage range of the post-nerf Bee?

It's not that bad, really. I downloaded the patch today and there doesn't seem to be an amplify shield deficit, so you can still blast away with the amp bonus. It does spread the amp damage across multiple pellets, so the conference call/maggie/etc all take a hit. It also takes away the amp bonus for Tediore reloads, the bullets in the magazine remaining don't have the amp bonus like they used to, so now Hyperius will be a complete pain in the rear end unless you bust out the Evil Smasher glitch (which I have yet to successfully pull off, I suck at it apparently).

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Dross posted:

The question was, how much amp damage does it have?

oh. Sorry for being too wordy then.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I am disappointed that Hyperius's unique drop appears to be Sledge's loving Shotgun. I am not disappointed in the Evil Smasher glitch, because that is so game-breakingly powerful it's insane. That plus a Shredifier... dear lord

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I've had him drop a shock shredifier, a seraph handgun and the whisky tango foxtrot shield. It's pretty funny looking back at how people were bitching about the bee being gamebreaking to the point of getting nerfed while the ES glitch completely shits on it. Still sucks that the love thumper glitch isn't fixed so beware of Zero's with no shields and a rapier.

I didn't know he drops random uniques. He did drop about 8 Bandit Technical and Runner skins I didn't have, so that was cool. I'm not really impressed with the Seraph guns, but the Meteor Shower grenade mod and the Blood of the Seraphs relic both have come in really handy.

Terramorphous farming will be much simpler now. I just want the drat head customization!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Neon Knight posted:

What is the endgame like for a Mechromancer? I got to the end of playthrough 1 at lvl 31 with one and my experience has been up then down. Anarchy has been fun when I can get a huge stack, but its really frustrating when you lose it to a death, and I imagine that would make play in TVHM very punishing. I liked the idea of a tree focused on electric damage but that is way too loot dependent(in my experience, great shock guns are rare), and I am not sure the rewards are worth the effort.

Starting to feel a little regret over picking her as my second character after Axton, should have went Gunzerking I think. Any level 50 Mechromancer players have any input?

Deathtrap becomes extremely powerful once you get down any of the trees. I stopped going for big Anarchy stacks though, I found it too frustrating to lose them in FFYL or being dumb and reloading early. 150 is good for me. Like Reverend said, if you like tons of Anarchy, then take Discord and Rational Anarchist.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

VaultAggie posted:

Can someone help me get the gently caress out of sawtooth canyon? I've been stuck here over two hours and the map is useless and not identifying what level the fast travel is on.

Save and Quit, restart game, end up at Fast Travel!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

Thank you to the goon who helped me complete the story quests for the pirate DLC. Now I get to do the sidequests all alone. :unsmigghh:

check your requests! Together we can mance mechros. or something.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Minorities posted:

Holy poo poo those skins and heads are awesome! Hopefully they're cheap.

I think I know what the :20bux: PSN giftcard I got for Christmas is going towards.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Pros and cons of the new DLC:

It's too drat short. I hated that sidequest where you have to kite the pissed off Borok into the cage, because if you gently caress up or get killed you have to go all the way back to the bounty board, and that thing hates every living being with a passion. The writing was average at best. The loot, aside from maybe the Rex pistol and the Seraph shotgun are pretty crap. and gently caress Drifters and Witch Doctors, and gently caress waiting for Albino Skags because skags only spawn in a couple places in the whole thing.

The environment and story were decent, I liked Nakayama's echo recordings and Hammerlock, but not as much as Mr. Torgue or Captain Scarlett. The majority of enemies weren't just reskinned psychos and marauders, and at least the rear end in a top hat Witch Doctors add variety.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

Well, thanks to Marogorah, I managed to beat the 2 Invincible class bosses in Hammerlock's DLC, and both of them dropped mostly useless loot! :toot:
The Big Strider (Dexodorus?) took loving forever to beat though, not because its hard, it just had an insane amount of health, we eventually just camped out near the vendors by Hammerlock and blasted it for ages and ages until it died, it spent most of the time walking around in circles doing mostly nothing.

EDIT: Oh and he helped me beat that rear end in a top hat Jackenstein too, I was having flashbacks to fighting General Knoxx in BL 1's Playthrough 2, as he was an ungodly bullet sponge with near instant kill attacks.

The best loot I got in the whole DLC was in the Loot Armory at the end, I got a really good E-tech sniper rifle that does 29k damage or something, and a Bowie Rex. Kinda wanna farm for a Two Fer Rex...

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Monkey Fracas posted:

I've found most Dahl weapons to be kinda useless (except for the nonuple miniguns, drat). Every weapon class/manufacturer sorta has it's charms, though. Some classes kind of work better with specific weapons when you're going for a particular build, but you can basically use whatever you want.

I never liked Dahl or Bandit guns. The reload time on Bandit guns is terrible and outweighs the pros of having a larger mag.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

delpheye posted:

Holy crap. How does anyone level a Siren? I'm crawling through the firehawk missions and my skill doesn't seem to kill anything more than a psycho. I'm only doing this for the Eridium... so if anyone is farming warrior, bunker, or terra or anyone that drops Eridium and will let me tag along I'll be more than happy to return the favor. Cuz who couldn't use another weapon mule? haha

Cataclysm is good for Normal Mode, but once you get to TVHM it's Motion or Harmony, probably more Harmony since all the health perks are good.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I wish I could find more E-tech Launchers. I got a level 20 somethingorother rocket launcher on my Maya run and dear god it's amazing, it's one of those things I intend to pass on to my other characters and dupe for people.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I've been farming Voracidous for crystals and loot, and he's been nice enough to poo poo out lvl 50 Legendary Commando and Legendary Assassin class mods. if you want 'em, let me know.

PSN: DrSmasher

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Count Chocula posted:

So I shouldn't be constantly dying or using Second Wind at Level 5? I'm not a horrible FPS player.

So, um, any tips on Axton builds? Is Gaige worth 800 MPS?

Build the left tree up to Rocket Pods, then build the right tree all the way. and Gaige is worth 800 MS points.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

jackofarcades posted:

You should at least run through them on TVHM, since a lot of the uniques you get from them are pretty awesome.

The Orphan Maker alone from Scarlett's DLC is amazing... Unless you're using the Evil Smasher glitch, which I found out the fun way!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rabidredneck posted:

At the SXSW gearbox showed a teaser of the new vault hunter. HERE is a link to the story on joystiq which includes the teaser they showed. And HERE is a youtube video of the teaser.

From what is seen, it's apparently a cyborg with a focus on Melee. Looking forward to more info and the inevitable twitter hijacking.

I don't know if I can deal with another Brick.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Kinda disappointed I missed out, but at least I got a Conference Call when I finished PT1 with my Gunzerker!... level 30 Conference Call... :negative:

the ES Glitch seems to still be working though, but I think they made the Raid Bosses harder. I tried to farm Voracidous for Oranges to see if the drop bonanza was still going and he murdered the poo poo out of me a few times. I figured those guys would be making GBS threads Oranges if the fun was still going on.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 13, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I thought a Brick-like character would be boring, I really didn't like him in the first game, but... I think I wanna spend :10bux: on Krieg after watching the gameplay video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

burntpork posted:

It's all good. I tried changing up my build with something other than Sharing is Caring, but my deathtrap just couldn't hold up as well. :smith:

edit: Part of the reason I crashed was because of all the nova-explosion madness.

edit2: gently caress Sawtooth Cauldron

I'm going to need better guns, I've gone back to the trusty Bee + CC, Maggie, Harold, and assorted SMGs combo and they're just not cutting it anymore. gently caress Stalkers, especially Rabid Stalkers. I should be on after work today so I can maybe get a better gun

• Locked thread