Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Should all DLC in TVHM be done in play through 2.5?
I am only 42 and want to try the Torgue DLC but don't know if I should go back to play through 1 in order to not spoil it by having it level under 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DLC scaling question for which I cannot seem to find a definitive answer: in play through 2, is it best to wait until finishing the story (play through 2.5) or does the DLC scale to 50 as soon as you hit 50? I heave read conflicting reports on how it actually scales and don't want to screw myself out of level 50 DLC loot...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MoreMetalBrian posted:

The DLC won't scale to 50 if you are not in Playthrough 2.5 (beaten the Warrior in TVHM). Even if you hit Level 50, if you attempt the DLC, the enemies will be around level 45-48 (in my experience, at least).
I found this out by going to Oasis at level 47 and level 50, with the first DLC quest still accepted/active. Enemies were leveled 45-46. As soon as I beat the Warrior and turned in that quest to Shade, everything bumped up to Level 50.

And of course at least Scarlett has some good stuff that you will want at level 50, so I'll just plow through to the end. At 46 now, so would be dumb to do Torgue in playthough 1. Its going to be a long grind to 2.5. I don't have any decent corrosives and its all robots all the time right now. Even with 400 anarchy I get raped when there are more than two enemies around, even when I try to take cover.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I just beat the warrior in TVHM for the first time. He dropped an orange: Jack's head for mechromancer. I ended up with both Jack's mask and his head in my inventory at the same time.

At least I am on 2.5 now and can get to all the side quests and DLC goodness. Mister Torgue is awesome.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So I suffered through cheesing the badassasaurus and put the hurt on Piston or whoever and left the arena, realizing as I zoned out of there that I missed the lootsplosion entirely. :effort:

Now for Scarlett and the sweet, sweet treasure room, which is more of a lootsplosion than anything in Torgue.

Did I totally miss the fun in the Torgue DLC somewhere?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

CaptainCaveman posted:

Did you skip the sidequests? I found them a bit more interesting than the main arena stuff.
I did skip maybe half of them. I think the whole vibe just wasn't for me, especially after the great theming and humor in Scarlett.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dr.Smasher posted:

Just gonna go ahead and say the Florentine is my new favorite gun, especially on a shock-specced Gaige

Too bad seraph is so hard to get in UVHM and they don't let you cheese it like TORGUE TOKENS.

Is there an easier way than getting to 61 and going after raid bosses for weeks to get enough for a Florentine?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

lazerwolf posted:

I might be wrong but I think seraph crystals carry over from TVHM to UVHM. I know for a fact Torgue Tokens do. In theory* you could cheese TVHM raid bosses capped at level 52 and then boot up UVHM to spend the crystals/tokens on max level gear.

*I actually haven't tried this yet. I'm not sure if TVHM raid bosses still drop seraph crystals. I haven't actually defeated on since the evil smasher glitch was fixed because my gear is terrible for solo raids and I haven't played online.

I think Seraph only drops in UVHM mode now, and I did not realize that until I had applied the patch. If you had enough pre-patch then yes, it carried over.

I suppose I need to hit 61 and figure out the cheese method for the dragons. I somehow don't think it will be 'easy' solo...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Norville Rogers posted:

How does one cheese torgue tokens? I'm interested as hell.

Do lower difficulty bar fights over and over for tokens. Took me about an hour to get enough in TVHM to get a higher level Harold in UVHM. I did not have the patience to reload forever for a double penetrating variety but will slog it out when I hit 61.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I must be either undergeared or bad at borderlands. I have a 54 (or 55?) Gaige and I cannot for the life of me solo Leviathan on UVHM. Slag doesn't seem to impact the giant whaleworm at all, and I run out of ammo before getting even a quarter of his health chipped off.

I have a slag telecaster, regular harold, and other random purple/pink guns that don't seem to do a lot. Everything else goes down pretty well with the slag caster and harold combo.

What am I doing wrong?

I figured I would get some loot from the loot chamber and keep slogging to 61 and then just reset UVHM when I wanted real gear....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Waiting for the current gen release of this. I get that they wanted the install base of 360 and PS3 owners, but that means I am passing. It's me, I'm that guy.

Future borderlands is something I eagerly anticipate.

• Locked thread