Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Neither of the DLCs add anything that can drop in the regular game do they? Me and my friend just beat Willhelm in our co-op game (not TVHM) so I'm wondering if the DLC will have anything for us. When would we be able to do the actual content, does it level to you or have a set one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

One...I think? I only got that ability a while ago and I don't really understand how it works.

You can jam on the button and throw up to five per deception. That's usually enough to kill or really badly hurt anything that isn't a boss even in TVHM.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

MZ posted:

I have 10 golden keys, is there any reason for me to keep getting more at this point?

Eh, it's pretty trivial to punch the code in for me so I do it. Once I get the DLC or if me and my buddy go for awhile without getting anything cool in our co-op game it's nice to be able to just get 2 or more guaranteed to be somewhat useful weapons. Seems to have a better chance to get E-tech stuff as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
For fucks sake, just farming Henry for one of the heads and guess what he goes and drops? The Cradle, suppose I'll throw it in the bank for other dudes to use when they get to level 20ish.

Edit:Make that two cradles.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 5, 2012

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

Good loving luck, I got 8 Cradles before I finally got the head I wanted. I need to do it again for another head that I want but I'm not wasting my time again for a while.

Oh well gently caress that then, I assumed the legendary had a lower drop rate than the heads and that I was due one anytime now. That's just stupid. They should do weekend events like Call of Duty except instead of double XP it's a massively increased drop rate on certain things. Suppose that would require a patch every time though so it's unlikely.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What is it supposed to be fixing? Is it going to fix the Zero legendary mod still having one of the Gunzerkers skills on it?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If I blazed through Borderlands 1 (which will still take a long time) I'd be heartily sick of that style of game for a few months. I'd just jump into 2 personally.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Slayer1597 posted:

Also, have they already announced this "Moonbase" DLC?

No, people are just assuming I think because the Hyperion moonbase is always in the sky and it never gets addressed or anything. Seems like a real missed opportunity to never go up there and see what sort of stuff Jack had in what was presumably his house. Also the diamond horse and his butler would make good bosses.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Yeah it's Hammerlock. The DLC is called Hammerlocks Big Game Hunt, some stuff was in the patch notes or whatever so we knew that much. Apparently there's a customisation pack in the offing as well.

When did they announce they were working on a 6th character and did they give any hints?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
You know what I reckon is going to happen at this point? The last piece of the Season Pass DLC is going to be another one of these relatively little chunks of content and then they'll announce another piece of DLC that'll be the level cap increasing Knoxx equivalent that everyone wants for 1200 points or whatever. Maybe everyone else already figured that out and I'm just now getting it but whenever one of these gets announced the articles always say something like "will this finally be the one that increases the level cap?" and I get the feeling they're pulling a bait and switch with it.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
loving knew it, glad I didn't buy the Season Pass. I'm going to be happy to buy it when it goes on sale on Boxing Day since it's more content but I had a feeling they were going to do this. To be fair they never said the increased level cap content would be in the Season Pass, they just heavily implied it would be and said the season pass stuff would all be "Knoxx level in quality and length" which may or may not be true since I haven't played them yet.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Just had the worst golden chest ever, opened it up at level 24 because I haven't had a decent weapon drop for awhile on my Mechromancer and I got two relics. One increasing max health and one making DT recharge faster but not as much as the relic I already had equipped does. They were blue as well, I thought golden chest items they were supposed to always be purple?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Man Cub posted:

Zero solo in TVHM is just torture, though.

Really? That's who I did it first with and the only part I really had trouble with was the last run up to the warrior. I'm expecting any other character I do TVHM with to be much harder since they won't have Kunai to throw every 15 seconds.

Got the Season Pass while it was on sale, even though the DLC doesn't sound amazing so far it's probably still worth it. Getting 4 pieces eventually for the price of a little more than 2 is pretty good.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 27, 2012

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I may have asked this before but now I've got the DLC it's more relevant. When is it best to do them? Me and my friend are playing splitscreen co-op and are at level 29, just finished the Bunker mission I think. The DLC is level 30 right? So if we go in asap and do both will it push us way higher than the mainquest will go so that'll be boring or will that scale up with us? Or should we wait until we've done the mainquest and then do the DLC or just do it in TVHM when we start that (and what level/when is it best to do that at if this is the best option)?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It was appreciated by me as a nice break from the robots that made up the rest of the back third of the game though the tower with 5 or 6 buzzards can go gently caress itself solo. Probably would have been better to just make Hyperion a bit more varied as a faction. I was expecting some sort of cyborg hybrid to show up with them.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sorry if this has come up before, but for the "complete all sidequests" achievement, do you have to do all the DLC side quests too? Or is it just the main story? I'm just after Angel and I just want a rough idea as to how much work I have in front of me.

The main game one is just the main game sidequests and the DLC packs have their own achievements for doing all the sidequests in them. . You do have to do the level 50 "kill Terrormorphus" quest though so you'll have to either wait until then or get a kind soul to let you summon it then kill it with you present. As to where you are you probably have like 20, maybe 30 more sidequests to go not counting that one if you're just after the Bunker.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 8, 2013

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is the other stuff half price as well? The Creature slaughter dome? To answer your question yeah she's worth 5 bucks if you think you want to play the game again at any point in the future, she's a pretty good, fun character.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

KidKrampus posted:

I got a friend who vomited just about every single legendary and rare head into my account, twice. If anyone needs heads, my XBL tag is the same as my SA handle. I usually play mostly on the weekends, and often do Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but I'm willing to come drop some awesome on people. If anyone has a level 50 Neogenator, The Sham, Deliverance, or Seraph sheilds/grenade mods I would be very grateful, but I am glad to just spread heads around.

Is it cool if I add you? Wouldn't mind those heads, I'm Pictorial Gnome.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man I really hope they knock it out of the park for the last one. Torgue was enjoyable enough but short and if this one is even shorter then I can't help but feel a little shortchanged (I even got the season pass on sale, don't know how I'd feel about it full price) given that they advertised it as all being Knoxx level in quality and size. Obviously you take that with a heap of salt since they would say that but you'd hope they'd know what and how much content people want and be able to fulfill that pretty easily.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 17, 2013

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
80 points for all of them would probably have been a more fair price. Maybe 200 points max. Probably would have spent that much to get a boatload of new skins but 80 points for a head and a skin is ridiculous.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's really weird that they let you get quests for level 50 characters in the first playthrough. Me and my friend finished playthrough 1 and he assumed we'd be able to go and fight it since we could get the quest, had to explain that we weren't going to be doing that for awhile. Got a Conference Call from the Warrior as well and that's making the Big Game Hunt DLC alot easier than it's seems to have been for most.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Quit out of the game and reload. You should load back at the fast travel station and then run over, kill him again. Rinse and repeat until you get bored or get the Bee.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Flame of the Firehawk might just need to be replaced, don't you get that at like level 10? Obviously the red text ability is useful but sometimes straight up better stats is what's needed. I have found Maya the hardest character to play alone though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wish they'd give you that shotgun revolver legendary that what's his name drops. If anyone has one of those at level 50 to dupe then let me know, GT is Pictorial Gnome.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Are you thinking of the Maggie?

Yes. Probably should have looked that up if I was requesting it shouldn't I?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

diablos666 posted:

If you're on Xbox I've got the Gunstock Maggie.

Yeah I am, if you're willing to dupe it then that'd be good. Pictorial Gnome is the gamertag. Not sure I have anything good in return though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Blotto Battalion posted:

Did they mention any dates for the increase or new character?

May for the new character was what I read. Probably a little earlier for the other stuff.

Is the update that costs money or is free if you have the Season pass the fourth season pass thing then? Or just an added bonus? Cause I'd sort of want some new content to play through at the same time as they add all this functionality and side stuff.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

I hope we only get 5. Don't need two trees maxed out/nearly maxed out.

Why would you actively hope they arbitrarily limit the skill points we'd get for levelling 11 times? I mean they've picked 61 for a reason, they wouldn't just be like "well you don't get points for these 6 levels for no discernible reason". I'd assume that was a glitch if I levelled and didn't get a point. I agree it'll be unbalanced and silly but eh.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Krieg looks awesome to me just because no other character has anything that really enhances explosives. Gunzerker kinda does I guess what with two grenades but still.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Maybe there'll be a reforging option, like spend lots of eridium to level any one gun to your level. Or maybe you can spend Eridium to permanently increase drop rates by a little.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I hope the relics function like mini skills. Like one could give any gun a 20% chance to shoot explosive bullets rather than regular ones (already explosive weapons would have a chance to do more damage) or another one could make them bounce around.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Shogun Gunshow posted:

I kind of hope those leaks of UVHM are an April Fools joke on Gearbox's part. It seems almost designed to make every problem people have complained about even worse. Players hate how the enemies scale in TVHM? Make them even more ridiculous! Players want more viable builds? Force them to rely on slag!

You know, given how melee damage already scales slowly per level compared to enemy health, I have to wonder if my Bloodshed Zer0 will be able to kill anything in UVHM.

Better spend those extra 11 points on the Kunai skill. I agree though, some bosses are already pretty unfun on TVHM so making them even harder is not too appealing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

raditts posted:

Does nobody here have him already? I thought they gave away unlock codes for him at PAX or something, someone in SA-Mart was selling one.

I assume you can't redeem the code yet, he's probably still being tested and poo poo.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So is Krieg supposed to be out this week then? Looking forward to jumping back into the game again with a new skill tree to be honest.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm expecting something like that Futurama movie where they went into Benders head when he was super into D&D, except funnier hopefully.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
14th of May does seem to be stretching the definition of "early" May a tad but oh well, just means I'll be jumping back into BL2 then instead of now.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How does elemental effect chance work then? His top right skill in the hellborn tree eventually gives you an extra 200% elemental effect chance, surely 100% would suffice?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Refused posted:

Starting again with no skill points or even weapon slots really doesn't sound like much fun.

That's the worst thing, waiting til level 5 to get your skill and like 10-12 hours to get all four slots for weapons sucks.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Haven't played this game all year and I'm in the mood to murder billions of dudes as Krieg later tonight or in the morning. What DLC should I grab and has anything major changed after the patches?

They added a pack that lets you go up to level 61, it's free if you have the season pass and 400 points/something like that for the PS3. The rest of the DLC is hit or miss, I got the season pass half price and played two of them. They were OK but I probably would have been annoyed if I'd got them full price. The last one will hopefully be a lot better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Speedball posted:

So do you get Bloodlust stacks on kills or on damaging enemies?

I don't seem to be getting any for either of those things.

• Locked thread