Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.
I can't believe that, on top of the existing four amazing characters and Axton, they're putting out more characters. I would really be willing to call this a serious game of the year contender at this point. Handsome Jack is a really good, very human villain and the story is phenomenal compared to what we got in the first game. Gearbox is going to get all of my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

Silly question:

Can I keep farming mini-bosses in TVHM even after I complete the quest? I'm specifically referring to bosses like Madame Bartlesby and Laney White.

I know at least Laney still appears regardless of the quest's completion status in playthrough one; I can't imagine her behavior would change in TVHM.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Edit: Or a torgue relic that causes all of your melee attacks to create miniature nuclear explosions.

There's a Torgue shield that does essentially this in the Scarlett DLC. It's called Manly Man.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

causticBeet posted:

Just picked this up the other day and loving it so far, even if I'm dying all the loving time (as Salvador).

I vaguely remember in the first one that certain classes were more proficient with certain weapon types than other classes; is that still the case?

Weapon proficiencies aren't a thing anymore, but the best way to gunzerk is with two shotguns. My proof for this is that it's badass.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is one of the upcoming DLCs supposed to change the level cap?

One of the promo shots of Gaige shows her having more skill points than there are levels for, so I'd say it's likely.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/375086/borderlands-2-under-threat-of-graveyard-virus/

Watch out 360 players, a nasty glitch/exploit/virus is infecting save files which basically prevents you from respawning, effectively making your character unplayable after death.

If this is actually the remnant of a lost hardcore mode, that'd be pretty cool, but right now it is a serious worry! Gearbox is aware of it and they're pushing a patch through, but who knows how long it'll take to hit.

I don't know if it's related or what, but I tried moving a second character to the Cloud and ended up losing the first character stored on there entirely. (No big, just my level 30 Siren that I'd just beaten the game with. :() I'm still new to this cloud storage thing so it's possible I screwed up something, but the characters were different classes, different levels, and different names, so I don't know what happened. I've got a ticket open with Gearbox, but until then, keep an eye out, I guess? Don't be me.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Something tells me it's a Homestar Runner joke. They're all dressed as "the bee".

It's a consolation prize for the upcoming nerf of The Bee wherein your entire shield drains whenever you shoot. (This is a joke.)

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Level 21 with Gaige and christ do I hate the Caustic Caverns all over again. It was way easier with two Sirens going at everything. Managed to get a nice purple corrosive Vladof called Patriot's Anarchist, though.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to not get destroyed by Wormhole Threshers yet, or is it just "shoot at it until it dies"?

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

MZ posted:

Ok so I don't really know much about endgame stuff as I'm only level 14, but is the general consensus to avoid as many side-quests a possible until I reach the third playthrough?

You can safely take as many sidequests as you want during your first playthrough. After you beat the final boss and unlock True Vault Hunter Mode, your sidequest progress is wiped clean and you can do them all again. If you want rewards to scale, don't take any sidequests with rewards like guns, shields, relics, things like that until you beat the final boss again. (Things like customization skins, Eridium, money, and XP don't scale as far as I know and should be okay to take whenever.)

I'm only level 37 but I think this is how it works. Somebody who's actually gotten to playthrough 2.5 might have to set me straight.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

My girlfriend and I are about to do the bunker fight in TVHM at level 45. I'm going in with a Gaige I've had specced like this (with +4 in More Pep and Cooking Up Trouble) for the most of the game. But Anarchy is a lot less useful than it used to be; I can only get 30 or 40 stacks going before I'm downed again. I'm thinking I should probably respec. I definitely want to have Close Enough and Myelin in there, but I could go either way on Blood Soaked Shields. Giving it a back-of-the-napkin overlook, I kind of like what this build has to offer. Can anyone speak for the Best Friends Forever tree in the late/endgame? Anyone have any other ideas?

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Blotto Battalion posted:

Did they mention any dates for the increase or new character?

The new character comes out in May and will cost $10. Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode (playthrough 3) will be free for everyone, but the level cap increase will cost $5 and is also included in the season pass. UVHM and the cap increase come out on April 2nd.

DLC4 is slated to come out by the end of June and is "the biggest DLC we've ever done, Borderlands 1 and 2 included" according to Randy. They didn't announce anything else about it, but if it's bigger than Knoxx, I am definitely psyched.

GammaShade fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 24, 2013

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

South posted:

Are they still giving out shift codes on a regular basis? I haven't played this in months but a friend of mine just got it and we are looking at going through the game and all the DLC. What order should we tackle the DLC?

Shift codes come out pretty regularly on Gearbox's twitter and Facebook pages. Randy Pitchford puts some out on his twitter, too. I'm sure there's other sources, but these are the most prominent ones that I know about.

The DLCs can be done in any order, but I'd start with :torgue: TORGUE :torgue:, then Tina, then Scarlett. Skip Hammerlock unless you're a masochist. (Disclaimer: I haven't played Scarlett or Tina yet, but the thread seems to concur that Scarlett's one of the good ones.) The enemies in each all scale to around 30, like Mokinokaro said.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

56k posted:

No once you use them they will equip to the first character you use.

Not sure what level they would be though since they're legendaries.

The source on the codes says they'll be the level of the first character you load after redeeming the codes. It advises loading up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode if you're level 51 or above to ensure the level is right. The codes are good until September 7th. There's no indication the Torgue shotgun is legendary (I haven't redeemed yet), but the grenade mod is the Leech and the shield is the Transformer.

I started a Siren the other day and got Wilhelm to drop Rolling Thunder. Hopefully I'll have more luck this time; the last time I got an orange grenade mod to drop was when I first killed the Warrior, and shortly after, my Siren got mysteriously deleted from the cloud.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

I just want to know why Eridium, Seraph crystals, and Torgue tokens don't auto-pickup. The latter two I can sort of understand because they were introduced in DLCs, but Eridium really should have auto-collected from the start. Maybe not the first hunk that Scooter gives you, just to introduce the concept, but after that, I don't think you need to make the players pick it up piece by piece. That's important time we could be using reloading the game because the Warrior's drops were poo poo again.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

PhilippAchtel posted:

I've played through the game twice, farmed the loot midget section of the Doctor's Orders mission at the beginning of every subsequent sitting, and completed half of a third playthrough and I still have not encountered Jimmy Jenkins.

I found him in a random ammo chest on the way to farm Doctor's Orders last night, then in one of the Doctor's Orders boxes on that same run. :shobon: But there are a lot of bullshit chance-based achievements in both Borderlands games that I really wish Gearbox had thought through better. I completely gave up on 100%ing BL1 when I saw the achievements for Claptrap's DLC, and I don't think I'll fare much better with that Torgue achievement where you have to collect pictures of Moxxi.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Sandata posted:

edit: "just to add to this, if you go up to where the train crashed and where you fight wilhem, you will spawn there and be closer than the waypoint and save yourself some time."

Not tested so I don't know. Would bandits be even be there? It was a Hyperion Robot area.

I think you'd have to go to the End of the Line, where the train crashed, then back into Tundra Express and save and quit there. The next time you load it, you'll spawn in front of the Tundra Express exit to the End of the Line. I don't really think it's that much closer to the mine than taking the farmhouse waypoint.

The badass marauder goal got met a few hours ago, so that information is just for fun now, I guess. The site's got a countdown to 11AM tomorrow and the clue "The bad guys so nice..." now. My guess is Boom-Bewm will be tomorrow's target.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Today's bounty is Assassin Rouf at the end of Southpaw Steam & Power. He drops the Emperor, which now has a bigger magazine and does more damage. The community's gotta kill 1,000,000 GUN Loaders. This seems like the most doable of all of them so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

Seneschal posted:

That's an assault rifle! I will be kneeling with Krieg for hours for that loving ugly Dahl skin.

Maybe not. According to the BL2 wiki, kills with the KerBlaster count as grenade kills for challenge purposes. You can still get a not as terrible-looking skin if you haven't gotten 150 grenade kills yet, though.

• Locked thread