Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I originally specced my Mecromancer heavily into the BFF tree to get the Sharing is Caring skill with the rest put into the LBG tree up to One Two Boom. Maybe it's because that's all I've ever played with her but I eventually found it boring since you're letting Deathtrap do much of the killing and I felt that your own offensive capabilities rather anemic despite all the elemental perks in LBG. Sure it's rare for Deathtrap to die thanks to the shield but you will miss him when he's gone and you have to wait for the cooldown.

I eventually set on going evenly in all the trees with this build along with a purple Jill of all Trades mod.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#520050121000154002100000411140131000

You can deal heavy damage with Anarchy and shock and burn damage and you can throw out Deathtrap when you need a distraction and/or want more stuff dead. I really can't wait for an increase in the level cap since maxing out Annoyed Android and Potent as a Pony could round out this build nicely.

You could give up Explosive Clap, Unstoppable Force, and Electrical Burn until you hit level 50.

EDIT: Turns out the Punk mod may be even better than fit for this build. The increase in rate of fire and magazine size reduction will make gaining Anarchy stacks a little quicker in addition to dealing more damage over time. More Pep, which is pretty useless right, gets replaced with Annoyed Android which we only need one point in to let Deathtrap zip around. Here's my revised build.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#520050121000053022100000411141121000

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

raditts posted:

Before I go in to kill Jack for a second time (thanks Neo Hellbeast for the bounty of bitchin' rare items), does anyone know if the "To Grandmother's House We Go" mission or any of the other Jack missions can still be done after you kill him?

Also, does anyone know why I randomly wind up with skins / heads in my inventory with no idea how they got there? I got a pink unicorn shirt for my Gunzerker that I will rock forever but I swear it just appeared in my inventory out of nowhere. Do you get them from badass ranks sometimes?

1. You can do those quests any time after they become available. While some missions may become inaccessible when the NCP or bounty board that gives the quest become unavailable due to the events of the story missions, there aren't any missions that you cannot complete if you reach a certain event.

2. Those skins and heads show up after getting a certain level on certain badass challenges.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 1, 2013

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Kifisonfire posted:

Master Gee will go down in history as one of the worst raid bosses of all time. It's an interesting idea, it's just really boring for this kind of game.

Especially since it's never apparently clear how to take down his shields or stop the acid flow. I've seen pubbies fruitlessly throwing as many bullets as possible at him while I tried to corral him into the acid flow with singularity grenades. Of course, the pubbies has his attention and he continues to run after them away from the acid until we all die from the acid.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

haveblue posted:

Sony announced during their Gamescom event that Borderlands 2 is coming to the PS Vita. No further details.

Now if only the PSN/Steamworks crossplay that Sony and Valve touted so much during Portal 2's launch gets utilized here. In fact, has any other game since Portal 2 used that feature?

I think Borderlands has a slow and loose enough gameplay that there shouldn't be an issue console and PC gamers playing with each other. In addition to not being primarily PvP, accuracy and reaction time aren't quite as important to do well in the game.

At the very least, I would love for it to have cross platform synchronization of my save files so I can maintain my progress between systems. Borderlands on the go would be pretty awesome.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Of course, the final target is The Warrior.

Aaaaaand, he's dropping a Flakker. :sigh:

They did change it to make bigger explosions so it might be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita will launch in the spring alongside the new PS Vita Slim with the Scarlett and Torgue DLC, both new characters, UVHM1 update, and Collector's Edition pack. It will have co-op and synchronized save files with the PS3 version.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/10/borderlands-2-hits-vita-in-spring-alongside-slim-vita-us-launch/

I wonder how long it'll take for the rest of the DLC to trickle down. Also, how would playing with characters above level 61 work without the UVHM2 update or playing characters that have played through the Hammerlock and Tina DLC and have unique items from them considering that they're available for the PS3 version?

Sadly, there's no mention of Steam crossplay so that kind of puts a damper on my enthusiasm as a PC user. I don't suppose there's any way to hack my PC game save files over to the PS3/PS Vita, is there? Though the lack of a seamless synchronization ruins the appeal unless I know I'm going to be far away from my PC or taking or using my gaming laptop is impracticable.

• Locked thread