Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I once saw a conure in a bin o' conures without a top. It somehow managed to escape, run across the counter to a waiting customer, bite him, then run back and jump into its cage head first while cackling madly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Deadly Chlorine posted:

UPDATE

My friend bought the hawk head parrot at the store! So yesss I can probably pet him and take lots of pictures every week. So tame too, he's basically cuddling with anyone he can reach. :3:

(Also yes those are cages of toucans at the back)

Is that Bird Crazy in San Diego? When I was a traveling rep for a music company with the territory of 'Merica I quickly discovered bird shops to be good cheap fun.

Bird Crazy is the best!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So, last night I cleaned my birdcages and ran out of paper towels, which normally line the bottom. I thought, "Ok, cockatiel, you get one tight of toilet paper...NO FUNNY BUSINESS!"

I return home from work, type my previous post, go back into living room to re-line cage...

DAMNIT ANOTHER EGG AND A SHREDDED BUNCH OF TOILET PAPER!?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey everyone I wrote a guide!

"How to tell if your lady-tato-tiel is going to lay an egg."

1.) Do you think she is going to lay an egg for any reason? See 2.

2.) She is going to lay an egg. This will trigger some behavior that will make you want to see 1.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Over in TFR we are having a conversation about how disgusting people are that "varmint" i.e. hunt small animals with no intention of anything but shooting them for fun. Crows came up, and I found this video. Is it just me, or is this raven training to be a NPC in the next Fallout game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZyBNWVD70w

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think I am finally making progress with my drat potato. Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva is the cockaderp that will not stop laying eggs and acting nesty. She was fine for a while, but I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. The lights outside, even at night, always get in a bit. I try to go to bed on time, but if I walk to the kitchen I hear the bird hiss/chirp/wark.

A few months ago, I had some neighbors move in. They are noisy as gently caress and like to hang out on the walkway infront of my windows smoking and yelling. While I have complained a lot, it's a slow process in apartments.

Could these noisy fucks be keeping my birds up? It isn't ideal because it isn't as dark as I wish it was, even with blinds closed, lights off, and cage covered. Before they moved in, Wandy was just a normal derp.

The two evil parakeets, that COULD gently caress and make babies, are absolutely fine...of course...

This is what an evil momma derp looks like when she is floofed out over two eggs. If it was just my and, she would be kneeling her head down for scritches. Anything else like my camera in this picture, gets a HISSSSSS : jump wark jump : HISSSSS!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Battle Pigeon posted:

Are you covering her cage at night?

Oh yes, without a doubt.

I am nearly at "remove hair from head" stage. Over three years and her behavior came out of nowhere. She is at least ten and the vet admits, "Could be a good deal older but it's hard to tell."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Battle Pigeon posted:

So how does the light get in? Are you sure that it is? I cover Steve's cage with black towels, and Ohtori has this big blanket/cover that was cheap from Ikea. As a human you can see some light through it but since they've got poor night vision it doesn't matter for him. Once they're covered I can have the lights in the room on and they don't know or care.

The noise though, maybe that is bothering her. Could you put on some white noise, something to block it out perhaps?

That's certainly worth a try. It was like some demon snuck in one night and flipped the, "LAY EGGS?! YES!" switch on her. And nothing has changed!

Funny egg story - I have let her sit on eggs for a week, I have stolen them immediately, no success. The other day, I removed her two most recent eggs. She was in the cage, eating, and watching me very :) . Well, once I took the eggs and closed her cage door, I heard a "Peep." Then I see her jump to the floor of her cage, put her head about an eight of the inch of the bottom of her cage, and proceed to grid scan the cage, calmly, for about two hours. It's like she though, "Welp, eggs went away. Couldn't have involved The Food Bringer sticking his hand where they were...maybe they turned to the size of grains of sand? SCAN!"

Cockatiels... :derptiel:

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 12, 2012

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Could there be some kind of, I don't know, age-related hormonal imbalance? I seriously have no idea, but some kind of medical thing?

Vet didn't think so, but I didn't want to have him take blood without a drat good reason seeing as how cockatiels roughly have three drops of blood. He said, head to toe, the only issue was a couple of "stressed feathers" (whateverthefuck that is) and slightly dry feet.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I think the bird is jealous that I don't live in the drat cage with her and might be trying to say, "LOOK! IMMA GOOD MOMMA!"

Her hormonal insane reaction to anything when she is on her eggs is scary. But if I stick my hand in there, the gives no fucks.

Alright, I'm going to find a better cage cover and buy some better curtains for the living room. This didn't start until my noisy neighbors that I hope get evicted soon. But with denim and similar things, I worry about breathability of the fabric. Is that an issue?

Edit - And she had a stress bar, but her last molt was when I moved from Nashville to Kansas. It made sense, she didn't eat much for a few days.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 13, 2012

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pile of Kittens posted:

We all made it through the night, and I learned that I rather love being in an 85 degree room all night. Reminds me of Burning Man, I guess. This morning I asked my boyfriend if we could just keep our room this temperature all the time, and he just glared at me.

Novolo is looking less puffy, but is also quieter than usual (but still clambering around and begging for my granola). Our appointment is at 4:30. I'm considering skipping class so I can continue shoving millet at her.

I'll be damned, she's back up to 60 grams. She's refusing to eat her pellets, though...

Yay! Bird is better! Give her soy yogurt!

Also, as a person of the man breed, nothing on earth is worse than trying to sleep while hot. Don't hate the glare, hate the fact that women are freezing and men are burning up AND MEN ARE FROM MARS WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS ah har har har har

I hate myself. :stare:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

So, I had a long weekend, and spent the whole time reading everything I could from everywhere about cockatiels determined to lay eggs. After I weaned out anything remotely close to websites that said, "MAH BABIEZ!!!" or looked like something a Grandma put together with Windows 3.1, I think I have some good information.

You all may recall my Warkatiel has been hell bent on laying eggs for no apparent reason. I have changed everything I can think of without success. I coddle this potato, damnit!

Firstly, laying birds take massive poops. The internet agrees on this. But, they will not poop in what they consider their nest. I was becoming worried because Wandy would go long periods of time without using the bathroom. Apparently, she has claimed the entire cage as her nest box. So, every few hours, I have to let her on top of the cage to poop. (Subsequently, into her "nest box") But I'm teaching her the poop command, so that's a plus. She just isn't getting much shoulder time right now.

Also, the internet thinks the following - Some female warks can be dissuaded from laying eggs by taking them once or twice. BUT! Apparently some flip the "make babby" switch and will not turn it off until either

A - They make babby
B - They deem the eggs not viable

This means that, no matter what, I am leaving her latest two in there. I saved her last two I removed as well, and rolled them in for good measure. She has claimed them all and likes to nap on them...or roll them around with her beak...or stare at me.

Her is the kicker. Because :derptiel:s are so :derptiel: they become very determined. I saw them say the female can take UP TO A MONTH to deem them not viable. So, I will be letting my cockatiel out every few hours for perhaps a month to poop. Yay. The rest of the time she will be a poofed up pillow for some eggs.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Battle Pigeon posted:

Captain Log: Requesting a photo of your derp sitting on her eggs.

I think I may have posted this before. This is her, on two eggs, about to do the motherly HISS JUMP RAGE HISS! at my iphone. It's kind of scary seeing her response to something if she is on the eggs and threatened. She flattens out, puffs up and half raises her wings, hisses, then jumps, repeat. But, I can put my hand right up next to her and she gives absolutely zero fucks.

We will see if I can get a picture of her sleeping on four eggs tonight. She is at maximum fluff/poof.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Official Bizness posted:

My mated pair of lovebirds take two months to decide their replaced fake eggs are not viable. Birds, am I right? :smug:

Except when they are viable and you get stuck with a GODLESS MONSTROSITY.

Son.of a bitch. Two possible months of having to let my potato out of the cage to use the bathroom.

She has been getting very little shoulder time due to the runny "I'm laying eggs" monster farty dumps she is taking. Last night I let her out for a while. She hadn't pooped and decided to try and fly to me. She already flies like a fat kid running down stairs (Badly.) I held out my perch finger and at the last minute, with all her might, she pulled up like a 747 being piloted by cocained out Denzel Washington.

From here, all her strength was gone. She quickly careened downwards and away from me and gently binked into a wall and fell to the carpet. By the time I got to her, she was confused and her point of impact was covered with massive momma dump.

I at least think she realized in mid flight, "DON'T CRAP ON FOOD/SCRITCH BRINGER!" and bailed with the last of her strength.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This post made me laugh out loud, poor Wandy!

I blame her change on us moving from Nashville (cool)to Kansas (corn.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pile of Kittens posted:

Does anyone else here daydream about getting a flock of white budgies and dyeing them all different colors with kool-aid?

I constantly have dreams that start out with my birds and then by the end of the dream I'm running around my apartment with 300 parrots screaming while I desperately try to fashion makeshift cages.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

KillerChicken posted:

I know that if you have a broody chicken that you can sometimes snap her out of it by lowering her temperature. In the winter if one of my sister's hens goes setty she'll toss her out of the coop into the snow for a few minutes; it sounds mean but it normally works. It's something like the hen realizing 'oh hey, this loving snow will really suck for my chickies'. Sometimes it might take two or three repeats. It's a lot better than having a setty hen in a coop for a month or so in the winter. In warmer weather I've heard of using a pail of cool water and holding the hen in it a few minutes, so that her chest and belly are cooled. The big thing is to cool her brood patch to try to trigger an end to being setty. Only one hen, an evil banty that was super mommy, wouldn't come out of it, or if she did she'd go setty again in a few days.

I suppose something similar might work on your potato? Not really cold water, but maybe towel her and use a cool washcloth on her belly for a few minutes. I imagine this will be a source of incredible mommy rage, but the mental picture I see is drat funny.

Aww, lovebirds are the bestest :3:

She is too derp to get rage when she should. Like the time I removed two eggs from her while she watched. I caught her spending the next two hours calmly searching the bottom of her cage for them. Her method was to lower her beak a few centimeters from the cage liner, and then shuffle around doing a very "special" version of a grid search. (Shuffle around not looking up until she hits something.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I have discovered a new past time that I didn't realize existed until yesterday. When Wandy gets up to eat/mamma crap/derp I move her eggs around. When she returns she spends time rolling the eggs back to her area. Then, once all eggs are near her (four in total) commence trying not to laugh hysterically as she spends between five and thirty minutes trying to fit them all under her without knocking others out. It's like watching a three year old try to play Tetris.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Battle Pigeon posted:

After four hours sat in the same spot (I even left the room, taking Ohtori with me, to go cook for a while) he finally stretched and went to eat a bit. Then climbed out of his cage, went to his favourite corner on the top, smushed against the wall, and went back to sleep. He's been there for about an hour so far.

Sounds like my potato when she isn't baking mini-potatoes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gah! Sleep talking means they are dreaming!

Could ANYTHING look as hysterically nonsensical as a parrot dream?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Frogmanv2 posted:

That look.

If this is indeed a completely wild bird, this might be my new favorite picture. Why do birds love keyboards?!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

uglynoodles posted:

Upon cursory examination his stools seem like they were a bit watery. Possible intestinal infection?

Oh God I'm so sorry...

With their droppings, there should be a little "water" around the dropping because they do all their business at once.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

thomas kingo posted:

My budgie's developed a weird habit. He spends hours licking on his metal toy bells, on the bars or anything else made of metal. Is this behavior caused by some sort of deficiency? Is it hormonal? It's been like this for a week now.

One of my parakeets likes to bite the bars of her cage until her beak slips off, making a "PING!" noise. She will do this for hours... :stare:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Gah, birds. :stare:

I spent a weekend loving dog dick sick (don't know what that means but I'm sticking to it) and didn't get to nuzzle spoiled Wandy the potato like normal. I also live alone and haven't had time to make any new friends (Gatorade/soup bringers) in this area if I get ill.

Wandy now, for the first time in years, has birdy rage. This lingering egg thing can't help. She hasn't laid new ones but she will not completely abandon the old ones. When she climbs on top of the cage, which has been her primary home for a month or two due to carpet ruining pellet stained massive mama dumps, she normally lets me pick her up. Now, she immediately ducks her head. If I get a finger under her, it's time for ENRAGED FAKE BITING!

God, I just want my derp back.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If your bird lays eggs, it may go nuts. Be warned!

(Wandy, of course after I worry post, was back to normal last night. Sigh)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Wandy has been acting all normal and cuddly. Now, if I am ignoring her while she is on my chest she will walk and headbutt my chin. If I continue to ignore her, she will continue to stand until she is on her tip toes trying to make eye contact.

And she laid another egg. I think it's just a fact of life now. Seeing as how she just abandoned her previous clutch that I removed, I stole it ASAP.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Chili posted:

Make sure to replace it with something! Especially if it's a cockatiel, they'll just keep on laying eggs. Swap in a marble or something for her to sit on.

If you have been reading this thread...this saga of egg laying has gone on for a ridiculous amount of time. drat potato!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Chuck used to say, "Chuck! Chuck! Chucksapreedy bird. Chuck!"Then we got Tito and not he only speaks rear end in a top hat (parakeet)

Wandy wold whistles at me when I get home. That's about it!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ffffffffffffffuck, a parakeet speaking Japanese trying to make the romance.

http://youtu.be/AnNijBnQWmk

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey fellow bird folk, long time no talk. I spent most of this year very ill and posting dropped because of it. But the derpatiel and keets are all alive and well. BUT, I have a question.

I live in a tiny one bedroom poo poo apartment with a wall air unit. It's molded and awful so the apartment is going to clean and repaint the unit. What precautions do I need to take, other than "put birds in room without drying paint" should I follow for this? Everything I check on the internet is so manic it's like "PAINT YOUR PARROT THE WILL BE FINE!!!" or "SEND PARROT TO ANOTHER STATE BLINKING COULD KILL THEM LET ALONE PAINT!"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for all the words, folks.

I'm just wondering if them being in my room with the door closed (Or bathroom) for a day works or if they really need to get boarded. I moved to Kansas for a job so I don't have any family or friends to shack them up with.

My apartment layout it living room/bedroom with a door between.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Lolie posted:

Just to double check. It's the air conditioning unit and not the whole room which is being cleaned and repainted, isn't it? I'm not sure how they're planning to properly clean and paint the unit without removing it from the wall, so it's possible that the stuff involving chemicals can be done away from your apartment. If it's just that single item being painted, your birds should be fine in another room for a day or two.

It's just the piece of crap wall unit. A SLIGHT UPGRADE OVER A WINDOW UNIT! If you have ever lived in a dorm, think of one of those pieces of poo poo air conditioners. They are going to remove it, break it down for cleaning (outside or it would look like an engine exploded on my carpet), re-install it, and paint it to my knowledge. When I get the main guy who handles maintenance requests I'll ask for a detailed description of the process.

I try not to be a worrier and think it's too easy to move into a thought process of keeping your birds/other pets/belongings/yourself in a "threat" free bubble. Also, my neurotic cockatiel holds a grudge against me when I leave the room. When she has stayed with friends in the past it upset her eating and sleeping habits. Don't anger the potato, don't confuse the potato, just scritch the potato. Once I find out a more detailed process for what they are doing I'll make a decision. Probably after asking more opinions.

Sigh, I miss sharing a nice house in Nashville with my friends. gently caress life moving you around for jobs. And surgeries on your throat.

I really appreciate the input err'body!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Holidays got me thinking bout my bird goons. How's everyone been the past half year or so?

Wandy the cockatiel has been busy in PSP predicting MMA fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ABowZ56T9k

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Corgi posted:

He's already doing the HOLY poo poo WHERE ARE YOU yell when I leave the room, too. Gonna need to figure out a good flock call word because I can't whistle for squat.

This noise...this is your life now.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey bird crazies!

I used to post here a few years back about my two parakeets and cockatiel and since have gone to more of a lurker status in this thread...but I had a sad question to ask.

I recently moved from Kansas, where I lived alone, back to Nashville with my mother. I'm in the process of getting an apartment while my new job starts up. My mother has been AWESOME with helping to take care of the birds and will be taking care of the birds during the weeks as my new job will have me traveling most Mondays through Fridays. My birds would never leave the family and between my mother and father (they are divorced and live apart) the birds would be cared for. I made sure of this before I accepted the job.

One of the parakeets recently started having nasty health problems. Tito, who is only about four or five years old depending on when he hatched, was on the bottom of the cage about two weeks ago. I took him to our vet expecting him to be pet down. She is an excellent vet and done wonders with my birds before. The cockatiel, when I moved, quit eating and almost passed from the stress. I really trust this vet. Rather than put Tito down, she put him on oxygen, gave him shots of calcium, and had him back to health. I was able to bring Tito home within about 24 hours and even had the vet calling after she closed to monitor my bird and make sure everything was alright.

About two days ago I took Tito back and he got a good progress report - just a little bit underweight. She gave him some fluids and another vitamin shot. On the way home he made an AWFUL loving noise and crashed to the bottom of his cage. I called her immediately and she said I could bring him in, he probably had another stroke, but she didn't think he would survive a car ride. She has checked in and Tito seemed a little better but today when my Mom came home he suddenly got a tail bob and crashed to the bottom of his cage, wings splayed out and clearly having another stroke episode.

This vet is a never say die vet. Her dad just died and her mom is in hospice. (I only know because my mom and her got to talking. We live in the south, it's how things go around her. My mom can get the life story out of someone at the gas station if she wants.) The money isn't an issue. I've spent over $500 on little Tito and would be willing to spend more. But despite my vet's attitude of not bailing on a pet (Once she commented that she views her birds like her parents and would never give up on them) is it time to let Tito go? Sorry for the long emotion post. I'm just at a loss. Since I moved back two of my three birds have has episodes of bad health and I feel like poo poo over it. I just need some impartial views right now.

tl,dr - My very good vet will go to great lengths to keep my parakeet alive but I'm worried it's time to put him down.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

God drat. I just can't figure it out. It seems like Tito after his first event wasn't singing or playing butt still chirped and ate food. I think I might go to a different vet. I don't want to betray my vet but I think she might be in an emotional boat right now. Part of me wants to put Tito back in the cage with Chuck, the other parakeet and see what happens but I also worry that I'm prolonging things. This is at least three bird strokes that I'm aware of. Poor Tito might be done.

gently caress.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I had to let Tito go to the clearing at the end of the path. It was so loving awful. I'm 31 and I've never held an animal body or been with an animal when it passed. Even though I love my vet she seems to consider animals on a different level than me and I'm not sure if I'll go to her in the future, which sucks. She was willing to continue treating Tito the parakeet but I just felt like having a tiny animal that was suffering multiple strokes at the drop of a hat (there were more since my last post) was cruel. She thought they might just be seizures and that he might fight through it but I felt like it was hosed up to keep going. gently caress, I don't know. I just think with an animal that God damned small that when they reach a confused seizure ridden place that it's better to let them go.

I actually held him after she gave him the shot and pet him while he was in my hands. I had him wrapped up in a towel. She gave him some stuff that knocked him out then the shot. But he opened up his little eye and looked at me and then closed it and was gone. gently caress, it chokes me up just thinking about it. I'm just glad I could pet him while he passed.

Poor little guy. Thanks for letting me vent here Bird Crazies. People think that a bird is like a snake or hamster or something. I don't mean to talk down on those pets, but it's hard knowing how much thought it rattling around up in a birds head. I'm just glad to have been there.

So now he is buried out at my fathers. We put him next to a tree my dad planted years ago and put a tiny marker there. I know it's irrelevant in the scheme of things but I loved that little idiot. I'm just glad he isn't suffering.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey friends,

Thank you so much for all the kind words about Tito. I wish I could grab a drink with you all and share bird stories. (Non-alcoholic - I stopped drinking a few years back.) I actually broke one of my main rules today and woke up Wandy the cockatiel and have her on my shoulder right now. I'm going through a weird transition in my life that makes everything a lot heavier than it would normally be. I'm just happy for the kind words, for my dad making the little spot for Tito, for being able to pet him while he passed, and to wrap him up in a cloth with some of his favorite foods. Being basically a depressed atheist I know it's all for not - but on the off chance it isn't I want to send him to the clearing right. I can't describe holding him after he had the shot that would end his suffering. He somehow managed to open his eye and look at me, then close it and pass. It seemed calm but what the gently caress do I know.

This is going to sound strange, but if you are a lurker thinking about getting a bird - don't. They bring me such joy but I got them when I was young and had some problems to face. I lived with friends at the time who loved birds but I eventually moved away to deal with my problems. I put the birds through hell they didn't deserve. I almost offed myself when I was getting my poo poo together. I basically took a job in Kansas with the thought that I'd either clean up my act, quit drinking, and get my life together - or end it. I came very close to the latter. My birds helped get me through that period - having happy little guys that cheered me up and I knew needed me. But they didn't deserve the environment I provided them.

Let me back off my previous statement - I'm not saying don't get birds, but wait until you are old enough to make the decision like you are bringing a child into the world. These are incredibly intelligent beings that deserve your all. Literally, even a little cockatiel should be thought of like a kid. They aren't disposable and you should keep them come hell or high water. This week I start a job that I wouldn't of taken if my Mom wasn't able to watch the birds. I'll be traveling Monday through Friday and I used to have a job with that kind of travel. I know some circumstances will come up where good owners have to let go of their birds, but if you are thinking about it like a casual commitment please God keep in mind these animals will be with you for twenty or more years. Are you ready for that? In hindsight, I wasn't and I'm lucky I'm at a spot now where I can provide an awesome environment for my birds to live in. Being a single alcoholic, which I was, isn't the type of person who should get a bird. I've had birds most of my life and rescued Wandy the cockatiel from a poo poo situation but I really regret how crap of an owner I was when I was going through some my demons.

On a happier note - this potato will always be a little jackass. I've got walnut slivers which she likes and little rice cakes which I enjoy. But little Wandy is always determined to get the junk food because her previous owners apparently spent seven years feeding her cheese goldfish and cheese nips. gently caress off out of my snack, little winged potato!

I think I'm going to start posting here again. You are a kind group and I miss you all. I'll be traveling the country soon for work so let me know if you want to exchange bird stories in person!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm in Memphis this week for work, bird friends. My Mom says Wandy and Chuck are doing alright. Apparently Chuck won't eat from Titos side of the bowl since he died. :smith:

Any where to visit in Memphis that's bird related?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Steve is so adoreably cockatiel brand clueless.