Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Is this where I can come point out that Boots Raingear sounds like the nicest person ever? Like most of F Plus have distinct voices, but for some reason Boots just sounds like someone who would be particularly pleasant to have a beer with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

BootsRaingear posted:

What's this namby pamby bullshit? *kicks cat*

Moments later Boots is spotted apologizing to his stunt cat that he kicks to seem tough

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Finnankainen posted:

You were 14 when the first episode of the F Plus came out. What the gently caress.

My mind is blown.

I literally cannot wrap my head around Bunnybread being a 19 year old hipster. Like, awesome voice aside, he seems a bit more mature than 19. But then, it's been a few years since I was last 19. Maybe they're making them different these days.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I guess on some level I just want it to be true because it would be hilarious.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
someone really ought to come read these last couple terrible pages with enthusiasm.......

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I was eating cheese when I listened to this week's episode.

I stopped eating that cheese.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
We all laughed at the designer water freaks. But the future is now.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/10/giant-ice-cubes-hipster-craft-cocktail

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i go "achoo" when i sneeze

basically i sneeze in the missionary position

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Djeser posted:

The link gets truncated, so in case people click without looking at the title text, that link is

lou reads ep 132 wet set a panty peeing pooping paradise

make an educated decision about what you hear today

I'm so excited to play the "try to maintain a normal expression while listening to Lou on the bus" game on my commute tomorrow :allears:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
im 8 years old and i like STOG

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
STOG STOG i conjur thee give me STOG on the count of three 123 :smith:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
In IRL I think sexuality is sometimes an unfortunate barrier to what could be otherwise enriching platonic relationships. So I'm totally for adults exploring ways to be close with each other while remaining friends. I kinda get where that Lurks With Wolves goon is coming from.

on the other haaaaaaaaaaaaaand I cannot force my brain to imagine these parties without smelling stale sweat and feeling the slight pulse of a shameful boner against my back. The "cuddle whores" actually make more sense to me than the concept of getting a bunch of strangers together and saying, "ok guys you have to SUPER DUPER promise that you're not secretly getting off on all this." How do you know the person spooning you isn't also the person who likes to subtly masturbate on the bus or something??? Can the Warren Buffet of Cuddling offer me that kind of certainty?

What gets me isn't that these guys want to run cuddle parties. It's how much they sell them. I haven't read the doc, but the syntax of what I heard reminded me of every single other episode where the F Plus featured some quack trying to sell a cure-all. It activates my brain's spam filters.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
and what's the deal with airline food. I mean, we make these rude jokes about it, but someone had to design the in-flight menu and select the ingredients. Someone had to work at the factory where the food was prepackaged. Someone had to lovingly load it onto the airplane.

I mean yeah, the common conception of airline food is that it's terrible and overpriced, but if you think about it, there's no inherent link between airline food and terribleness. Won't someone think of the airline food. PLEASE, I urge you, stop making fun of airline food, you could hurt someone's feelings and the planet would spin uncontrollably into the sun forever.

well anyway scuse me gonna go cut fuckgashes in my plushwives

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Lemon's flopped "notice me senpai" attempt at the beginning was delightful :3:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: Episode 211: LIZARDS! :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Not gonna get to listen until tomorrow afternoon, but if it's half as good as the titles in the document suggest it's gonna be glorious.

spoilers, it's more glorious than you're imagining

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Ag Bengip posted:

"By the time you read this," was extremely good. Nutshell Gulag has been powerful lately.

I've been listening to the podcast for about 2 years, and it's funny how certain readers grow on me over time. Nutshell, Isfahan, and Adam Frank West come to mind.

This episode was good, but I was minorly annoyed when they were talking about that guy who posted about applying mindfulness techniques to jerking off/his breakup. Like, I get that it's funny in context because he's attributing his coping skills to not jerking off, but what he was describing were pretty basic mental health skills. The ridiculists are really funny people, so it isn't as fun if it feels like they're trying to force something to be more humorous than it is.

Okay that was my opinion your welcome internet bye!!!

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 5, 2016

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Invisible Ted posted:

Frank bozarth has grown on me a lot since the bizzaro f-plus series

I just had a moment of vertigo where i realized i've been conflating their first names for I don't know how long. Thanks!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
The rescued episode is up! "Thanks" djeser

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
boots actually has a pretty good slam poetry voice

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Boots always has the best little quips. "Parsley, sage, rosemary, and cum" killed me.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
A podcast takes twenty seconds to distance itself from uncomfortable subject matter, goons lament over eons of torment

do it on my face posted:

Has Lou done an episode on meat fuckers yet?

aren't we all meat fuckers if you think about it

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks guys, you've reminded me of the wonderful rainbow that is human (non)sexuality

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

King Lou posted:

You know, at this point I sometimes have a hard time judging when something is too much. I've had several people pass on this episode as "too much". I agree that some of it is :psyduck: but none of it make me almost puke like Cum on Food did.

I have clearly damaged myself.

Thank you for continuing to be a smooth-talking safari guide to the wilds of the internet :patriot:

I feel itchy

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Grondoth posted:

SQUIDDY SHOWS UP FOR THIS ONE?

WHY?

If anything, she seems the most gleeful about everything. Truly she is the only lady for lemon

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Boots probably has most of my favorite little asides. The best thing is when he gives up on his own jokes and just sounds kinda disappointed in himself.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
The karaoke videos are delightful

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think the Sinnamon wrestling commentary is the hardest I've laughed at anything F Plus related in a long time, holy poo poo

came here to post this. I had dubious feelings about this episode, but it turned out golden.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I can't tell Boots Raingear & John Toast apart, and I can't tell STOG & Jack Chick apart.

boots raingear sounds beardier

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

echopapa posted:

This week on Song Crimes, we ramble, gamble, joke, smoke, midnight toke, and hit you with our best shot.

I listened to all of these over the course of uuuh today. I'm late to the game, but wanted to chime in and say this is a delightful podcast. Got me learnin and lolin

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

STOG has challenged himself to write a thousand-word story a day this month. He's starting off with an unreasonably good Patrick82 tale.

this is amazing

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

peter doesn't seem like a very credible ferengi name but ok

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I will never get tired of listening to people riff on NaNo nonsense. Also lol @ the thunderdome namedrop, SBB

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Glad that you like the episode in spite of my involvement.

(And yes, for all three people who care, two of whom are Vincent Van Goatse, I know that Robespierre wasn't alive for the 1800s. The moment when I remember that we aren't still talking about Napoleon and correct myself got deleted in editing.)

it was good to hear the voice behind the juggalo fic. And to get a reminder that there is far, far worse fiction out there than the room temperature chum goons disgorge :v:

I think it's a podcast tradition, to commit an off the cuff remark to recording and then find out too late that you were hilariously wrong.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I friggin love the new all Jan and Dean episode of Song Crimes

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i liked their mirthful reaction to encountering vore for the first time

the internet has broken these people in the most beautiful way

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

pangstrom posted:

I really enjoyed the mother of pearl "humorous" story segment on this one.

lemon's muffled screams were definitely a high point

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I feel so dumb for never noticing that

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Bible 2 was just a lovely book no one cared about until they rewrote a few scenes to include Jesus Christ to shoehorn it into the series

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Okay, I'm gonna turn around and that better be cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

King Lou posted:

Hey, some of you may have seen this on the Lou Reads FB page but I thought I'd share it here, too.

I don't know about you but suggesting your baseball coach is a pedophile with a great way to start the season.

I happier news I signed up to read in the middle of Garbage Day (by which I mean the middle of the night) so hopefully I'll be able to participate more than I did last year.

wow this anecdote gave me vicarious cringe on par with things you've read for your podcast!

on the one hand, normies should never have been allowed on the internet, but on the other hand, why are you using the same email to do podcast things and little league?! Hope the fallout isn't anything too terrible.