Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Zarla is one of my favorite readers because I am also chuckling at everything

Hell yeah, I appreciate it because it's really obvious that she's having a good time reading and/or listening to these bad posts. You'd think that'd be relatable to folks here. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If you can access the browser version, it's up on Spotify. Possibly some other places too, but that's where I've been listening lately.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I wanna say that episode is the first time Portaxx got really indignant about bird knees not bending backwards, but I might have made that up to give it at least something light. I'm sure not gonna go back and check anytime soon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

A Moose posted:

My favorite one from the movie pitch episodes is Adam's reading of that insane movie pitch that sounded like it was written on peyote and included the phrase "dangerous like a vampire cowboy" and the way he just responded to everything with "uh huh"

Juggernaut Lonely! I'm convinced that the entire reason there hasn't been another episode of movie ideas in forever is because there's no competing with it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

quote:

F Plus, Lemon, and their associated contributors and related projects condone racism and white supremacy until proven otherwise.

Lol

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

"Jazz Passions! You see, I'm really into scat, but it's not what you think!" is such a great line.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Stationary Warriors would be pretty fun too though

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That's not quite right, because that's too simple for a Moffat plot. Sherlock forgot his sister existed at all.

There was. however. another, different person he forgot about but remembered as a dog for some reason that mercifully it seems will never be followed up on.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

I think r/ecuseyourself might be the single best F Plus episode. Everyone is on all cylinders throughout.

I forgot that this was the episode with everyone just taking a moment to dunk on Squarespace and their lovely ads, even though that bit is super memorable. What a nice surprise :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

An easier and better explanation is that Mr Blobby was custom designed to cause night terrors :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The title is cool, but I feel weirdly disappointed that the episode art isn't based on the Studio Killers single. A problem that might be literally just me and no one else, yes.

e; Although I see it is the outro music. That works. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The Supernanny wiki one is phenomenal, because it's people getting really mad over stuff that doesn't exist and also that stuff is utterly batshit ludicrous in the weirdest and silliest ways. I would happily listen to a new episode on it again anytime they wanna go back to it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm sure one day, when we least expect it, we'll get a return of Fart Slut.

...Right?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Other Voice does do a great Frank West impression, I'll give them that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

HoboTech posted:

Okay so would the laptop get heavier or not?

Stack the files like the lasagne, and it definitely will

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Petitioning Lemon to bring back Irregular using people from this thread as guests

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Relistening to that instead of hucow stuff and "There's two possible questions she's asking and both of them are profoundly stupid" is a phenomenal sentence.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Troper Tales is truly a treasure trove of material. Dire Gentlemen (a group of professional writers and the like) are going through the old archive of it on their Youtube channel and it has a pretty similar vibe to F Plus episodes, honestly. I'd definitely recommend it, especially since they're usually about like 20-30 minutes long.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

I dread asking this question; why was the episode recorded if it just made the readers upset?

They've had it too good for too long.

Though it is a good point and yet this isn't even the first time it's been like "wow no one is having fun here." I think at some point Victor said he nearly straight up quit the podcast forever mid-recording of the original Sissykiss episode, even...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Monkey moms is definitely on my "I'm not sure I'm glad I even listened to this the once" list

Monkey Moms at least had moments of actual comedy interspersed with the hosed up nature (and honestly unspoken horror considering monkey moms....) about the premise.

Like Back Alley Dave! He's back from 'Nam and needs 50 bucks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Not Always Gamestop is a classic. I know that's not the episodes actual title, but it might as well be.

Really, NotAlwaysRight is a perfect subject for the podcast in the same way Wikihow or the unfathomable plethora of Q&A sites are. Seems a bit weird that it's only really been done twice I can think of (Not Always On Topic being the other one) once you realise that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

I appreciate that fplus has gotten better about sexualities as well as gender identities and doesn't go after the obviously mentally ill types anymore. I think my least favorite episode was the asexuality one.

Yeah, honestly, same. I tried to listen to it again recently and I couldn't even make it through the intro without getting annoyed and turning the episode off. Nothing against the crew or anything, of course; it was 12 years ago and people can grow and change a lot in that time. That's just an episode in particular from my perspective, as someone has since realised I am asexual myself, has aged like milk left out in the middle of the desert.

But at the same time, if someone listens to it for the first time and finds it perfectly enjoyable that's cool. Good for them! I just have to make sure to refresh again if it ever comes up when playing random episodes for background noise now.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Squarespace is not a law firm.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

"Ask your doctor about Boy Hymen!"

"That's where we get the phrase 'a cherry on top'."

"Guys, Frank West doesn't know where a vagina is."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Its been less than a day since I listened to the episode and I can already only remember 2 of them. And for once of them that's just because it was the only one to end in classic NotAlwaysRight style with everyone applauding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In a brief change from the raw meat stuff, does anyone remember off-hand what episode it is that has Frank West cracking up over a thing he was reading that had like a cartoon horse image that was saying something along the lines of "Yup, we're a bona fide financial institution!"