Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Waffleman_ posted:

If it's a joke, it's a joke that required a lot of misplaced effort and that is also worthy of going "haha look at you," this has always been true of F Plus content.

Like, joke or not, dude made a fuckcomputer.

Does it come with a Bea Arthur voicepack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

RateYourMusic.com 
My Succubus Wife 
Welcome To The Vampirism Forum 
Survivalists & Doomsday Preppers 
RapPad 2019 
The Spiritual Research Foundation  
The Wild Wild Word Of WikiFeet 
Tim Allen’s Idea Exchange 

:eyepop:

Loving how many of the titled bring back memories of eps from the 50 - 130 range. ReBoots!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

AFAIK from reading the Brexit thread, UK landlords and the rules protecting their assholery are even worse

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Which ep has Boots saying "These are facts!" in a sort of Kermit voice, while Bozarth (iirc) is moaning "Nooo....etc" in response.

Feels like an old MRA-related topic, but I'm struggling to recall anything more specific.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Goon Danton posted:

Rationalist mra poo poo in a Kermit voice is usually a Jordan Peterson impression, so probably one from the past year or two instead of an early mra/pua ep

Ah, didn't know the voice was mocking that fool. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Although I may be wrong on the MRA topic. Just definitely can hear Adam going "Nooo, that isn't what that word means...." or something similar, and then Boots rebuts with "....these are facts!!" and AB promptly gives up.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 23, 2019

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I just want them to have the material...

Edit: If that's the episode, it's not a Jordan Peterson voice, just a fedora nerd voice.

Edit again: He does say, "Remember, these are facts!" at 53:33, but the response from Adam is completely different. I think that kalensc is remembering the reaction to Maslow's hierarchy of needs a few minutes earlier in the reading.

Ah that does feel like the one, thanks!

What a great episode.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Yelle to open the ep? Ooh setting a high bar to clear!

Lmao I need to a compilation of the "Lemon/MC stumble over the first sentences" intros.

Also I cannot believe they reminisced on the Kickstarter ep and did not immediately recall The Hip Clip!!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tangentially related: I think youtuber Internet Historian is doing a live read of Sonic High School with other folks, plus some prepared animations. Some decent moments so far imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11jwThxBBI

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Man, it's been a while, but the content from the 50 foot woman and lift 'n carry docs were more pleasant (or less unpleasant) to visualize yeah? At least this first reading, yeesh, the earnest dom perspective made me wince like a tale about dick bugs. The ridiculous sub fantasies afterwards were amazing.

Kudos to the readers for being on fire with their quips and tangents throughout the read. That high-pitched voice, holy poo poo. I'll have to check out this new chatbox called......skype.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I agree that visualizing this content was rough, but I honestly found this less grody than a lot of fetish episodes, just because both sides of the fetish were represented. The interplay of "I wanna be sexually rude to you"/"oh, yes, PLEASE be sexually rude to me" from two obviously enthusiastic parties feels way less gross than the ones that are just dudes fantasizing about victims fantasy partners.

Also, both "be sexually rude to" and "a new chatbox called... Skype" are going to stick with me.

I should have finished the ep before posting. The opening post they read was fine enough on a re-listen, and everything afterwards was top-10-episode-ever material. Innerspace, Paul Ryan, my god those riffs were spectacular.

Also I've somehow been sleeping on Achilles Heelies' as a reader, the guy had some amazing quips throughout.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just listened to “It is always cold in Chili’s” again on my drive home this afternoon and gotta second this. We Wuv Wawa is similarly amazing.

Fistpump highfive instant-agree

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The pre-Ep100 cast on debate.org had some of my favorite "god golly these posters are dedicated to their idiot craft" moments. The world needs more Pokemon vs Digimon verbal sparring.

"Brooms are superior to vacuums, for the following 4 reasons. Prove me wrong!" (73 replies)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

If I had been reading out loud, Lemon would have had to tell me "that's not right, try again" at least twice

Yow-ai
Yay-oh-eeeee
Yeah-Oi!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm excited to see if any readings reach the level of hilarity like the "rube goldberg device for nut destruction" from that other wang-centric episode.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Place your bets: will there be username crossovers with the Sinking In Mud episode

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hurrah for a fresh ep, and what a goldmine of a website! Thanks ridiculists! =)

And, to briefly mention other podcasts talking SW weirdness: We Hate Movies added a "Gleep Glossary" bonus feature (Patreon sub needed though) which earnestly/jokingly discusses one character's bio per month.

They read from an extended comprehensive SW character guide, or some such thing, published in the late 90s iirc? It's quite funny to me, a SW super-casual. Found a snippet up on their channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLysUdaS7w

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

This scratches my We Hate Movies Gleep Glossary itch in a way I haven't had since I lost my job and couldn't afford Patreon benefits in a way I haven't had in...like, weeks. There's a reason this is my favorite podcast.

Rooting for you to find a new job soon!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Perhaps more appropriate for ballp.it but I'll start here:

The Jackbox (and other game) streams the Ridiculists put together are awesome. Is there interest amongst us listeners to organize our own?

I've been dabbling with PS4=>Twitch since self-isolating and I'm keen to help organize some fun community events with others. Any thoughts?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

This insistence on calling dachshunds "dashunds" is causing me physical pain.

Ya just gotta learn to be less sensitive to these small trifles, takes a laissez-flair attitude towards it.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fit em all up in there posted:

Hello F Plus thread. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the podcasts. My mom passed away Tuesday from Covid and pneumonia complications and the show is really helping me be distracted, even if it’s just one or two episodes.

Aw jeez that is tragic, I'm really sorry mate :smith:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Zeddilec? Ooh, Zeddliec!

Nooo, you're the sour daddy

kalensc fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 23, 2021

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Nyoro posted:

BOY MEAT

HYPER HUNG

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

For a brief moment I dared to dream we were returning to BIMBOLAND

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Which ep has Lemon saying "hello pertaxx....english is not my language toooo"

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Between the Bono poem and redditors vividly describing how they'd happily act as house staff for Zelensky while he hosed their wives, I guess there's some rule34-1 stating anything can spawn fplus content

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

it feels like it's firmly in 'too soon' territory but there has to be something in the reddit 'mercenary' community that's prime F Plus poo poo, the blend of 'I'm a rank 55 elite sniper op and I will die for this country I've never heard of before this week' and 'woah wait a sec I went over there and they expected me to be cannon fodder and not an elite CoD protag??? gently caress this I'm out!' posts are just so powerful.

Also that post of the dude saying he wants to put his decade of IT work to use on the frontlines of Ukraine but wants to know if he can bring his turtle and get a private room so he doesn't have to shower with other guys.

Yeah there's a lot of ridiculous anecdotes but I doubt they'd lend themselves well to the format.

And that latter guy with the turtle had to have been someone trolling yea?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

gently caress what is this from?

Something where a guy in a dorm party fll asleep and buds pranked him with an egg up the chute? Prob a health question board ep?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

if you think about it a MRE is the teat of the mealitary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

Welcome to SYQ, terrible things said without attribution.

ngl this would be a fun side project

powering through the best (i.e. worst) syq from the succdem, ukraine, biden, etc threads with "earnest sincerity" would take some lou reads tier dedication