Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Riptor posted:

Yeah, exactly. We cannot allow people to entertain the notion of Cruz being eligible for the Presidency, particularly after he and his ilk have not shut up about how the exact same criteria supposedly precludes the actual President from holding the position, despite that being a complete fabrication

You're right, we should definitely become birthers ourselves. This is a good, reasonable idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

AsInHowe posted:

When you remove all the joke candidates, the poll ends up Jeb Bush - 11%, Chris Christie - 13%, Someone else/not sure - 76%.

That's..not how you interpret polls.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

If Allen West weren't completely deplorable, he really would be my favorite person just for how batshit he is. :allears:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Rubin isn't the only one who's made this claim this year. But how seriously can you take a "liberal democrat" on Fox News?

While it's been Fox Newsified to a legitimately horrible level, Bush did do a lot to help out Africa during his presidency. It's literally his only real redeeming factor.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Joementum posted:

The Denver PD might have to continue their practice of getting up early to beat the crowds because Denver is bidding to host the 2016 GOP convention.
:golfclap: It's like the 1960s all over again.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

dilbertschalter posted:

Is it Chris Christie? Rand Paul? Is it uhhh...

Gina McCarthy?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

Oh, hey, Chris Christie's people shut down traffic on a major bridge just to gently caress with some guy and then lied about it!

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/08/top_christie_aide_emailed_time_for.php

But but but Benghazi!

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Senate Minority Leader you mean. As you said the impeachment will probably come to nothing, this isn't enough to be impeached over and he still has high popularity ratings.

No, no this is actually a pretty big deal this time!

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Gorilla Desperado posted:

DNC is out with a Christie ad. It's fairly brutal. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0RfDjmvthM

Ugh. They should have waited to see if a GOP group would release one first. Now they won't lay a hand on it.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

StarMagician posted:

Or you could choose to believe Scandal, wherein the President can leave the office at any time to drive over to Olivia's apartment and few people notice.

Was it Kyrgyzstan they needed airspace from to invade Egypt or something similarly completely insane?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Newt's not interested in running again? It's not like he took it particularly seriously last time.

Dude has a pretty good gig going as the ~*~centrist Republican~*~ on CNN.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Since he's been governor, the most noteworthy things I can think of that have happened were that the sales tax was raised from 5% to 6%, a stormwater tax was enacted to pay for mitigating the damage that storm runoff causes to the bay, and the gas tax was raised to pay for the DC/Baltimore commuter rail line to run on the weekends. Internet commenters love to howl about the stormwater tax ("rain tax") and about the fact that MD has relatively strict gun control laws. I don't know how much of the gun stuff was his doing though, if any. I'm sure there's been a bunch of other stuff I'm not remembering, he's been pretty progressive overall so it pisses off a lot of the right people. You could probably do a whole offshoot of the Freep thread about things that people say on Post/Sun comments about him/Baltimore City/PG County.

Wasn't he the one who debated Rick Perry on CNN as well?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Someone on my feed just said Sanders was a corrupt politician because unions gave him $7m for re-election. Oh my god.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

SedanChair posted:

Oh look, the wrong Huskies.

Pontiac Northern for life. :colbert:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Detroit. :allears:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

One term senator with no accomplishments. Next.

Know who else was a one term senator with no accomplishments?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

AYC posted:

I just remembered the absolutely insane number of primary debates in the 2012 election. It was almost like the GOP assumed they would beat Obama in November, and the primary debates were the true contest.

Are we going to have another 50 primary debates in 2016? After awhile, it got rather nauseating.

No, the RNC cracking down on all primary debates, and basically won't have any that aren't hosted by Newt Gingrich(I hope).

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

You guys know Biden's public image is unfortunately one of a buffoon, right?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Skwirl posted:

I work in a restaurant, and it really weirds me out when customers say grace before eating. Like it's one thing when you're at home, but in a restaurant it seems excessive (they also are more likely than average to be a lovely tipper).

C'mon man, of all the things on that quote, you're going to attack someone for saying grace before eating?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Dystram posted:

The "ARE FACTORIES" stuff might seem silly to you guys if you're not from a town that was built up around manufacturing and then had the rug pulled out from under it in the early 90s and early 2000s. Hell, my family would've been supremely hosed if GM had gone under.

People care about things like NAFTA and "ARE FACTORIES" because that's where they worked, when their lives were decent, and now they're Wallmart cashiers, greeters, and stockers at age 55.

Yeah. I grew up in Pontiac, which was thoroughly gutted by the departure of factories, moreso than even Detroit. It might sound odd but it's a serious issue to the subset of the population it destroyed.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

So it's not even 2015 and the "ha ha gently caress you liberals there is nothing to you can do about Hillary's inevitability" from the DLC types has already started huh?

..w-who do you think is voting for Hillary?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Riptor posted:

i want a Senator Fudge so bad

He was too busy bein' delicious. :smith:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

TheGreyGhost posted:

Well. If he did, he would consistently poll as the most popular republican in the field at least. On name recognition alone too

:thejoke:

When will the official announcements for who is running come in?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

I dunno what it's like where y'all live but in Houston taxi drivers are legally forbidden from refusing fares and the rates have to be the same at all times. Also, and this is what is actually important, taxi drivers have to carry commercial insurance but Uber drivers do not. That is actually hosed up and bad. I hope future president Joe Biden nationalizes taxi transport and bans Uber.

I know you're joking but people who want to get rid of Uber are hosed, it's a genuinely great market innovation, the kind of thing even Social Democracies should encourage.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

moving to new thread, sorry

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

I can't believe no one called out the whole "Babylon only existed in 6000 BC" thing :psyduck:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

My Imaginary GF posted:

270 to win, and if Illinois is a toss-up or Lean R, and someone in Chicago offers to make it a 100% D for the veep slot, what do you do?

Speaking of things that never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

shadow puppet of a posted:

The important question now is, who makes the ideal running made for Ben Carson. Do they Biden him up with someone visually paltable like Fred Thompson? Roll the dice on a Lindsey Graham to appeal to women voters?

Uhm..

• Locked thread