Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReindeerF posted:

I dunno, the entire world, some of the gay press and this forum constantly joke about Lindsey Graham being a closeted gay dude who has a huge crush on John McCain entirely because of his mannerisms, so making fun of Southern dandies for being closet queens because of their effeminate mannerisms isn't exactly an OMG moment in reality. Has anyone ever thrown a fit at the deluge of Graham jokes that go on around here? No. I think the issue is that it's so out of left field for Cantor, who isn't publicly viewed that way as Graham is, and then he goes on to talk about his gaydar calibration rate, etc, heh. Add all the separate comments about gaydar and Southern gay men and women with their skirts over their knees together and, yeah, Schweitzer really stepped in it for absolutely no gain. Stupid of him.

EDIT: By no means should people stop joking about steamy love triangles between Graham, McCain and Lieberman, though, because the jokes are often legit funny when contextual.

Yes, but no one in this thread is being discussed about as a potential presidential candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThirdPartyView posted:

Peenworm used the son (I think a .gif of him getting twitchy-eyed) as his avatar for a while, didn't he?

Peenworm called me an idiot once. I've always associated that with the end of my misguided libertarian/RON PAUL days and the start of my raging leftist days.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
My cynicism tells me that it literally does not matter who runs, on either side. It could be supply-side Jesus vs. literal liberal Hitler, or vice-versa, but it will start off looking like a Democratic landslide, tighten up to what looks like a tossup, then the Democratic candidate will win and the Democrats will make gains in Congress.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
For me, nothing will top 2007's Values Voter Debate.

Why Should God Bless America?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X77R_prkCkg

And the most surreal debate clip of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxtLccVnu0

• Locked thread