Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've solved the "run out of things to do after capturing all outposts" problem by just not capturing outposts. This is the first time I've played this, and I captured 3 or 4, and I've just barely unlocked the second island. Lots of fun random encounters. I am playing on the third difficulty level, and I don't find myself getting killed anyway.

Wowzers, the Bushman. :stare: I can't see a compelling reason to use anything else anymore, except for novelty weapons like flamethrowers/flares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Picked up FC3 in the steam sale and my god, it seems to be about as much fun as Just Cause 2. From crashing a jeep into an outpost from above to sudden and hilarious apex predators ruining stealthy situations, I haven't had as much fun in an FPS in ages!

Do you actually need to do the story missions to unlock anything, or can you just wander around doing side missions and radio towers across the whole map?

I think you'll find that the replayability on JC2 is somewhat higher than FC3. However, the :flame: is among the best in videogame history.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Microcline posted:

The journey from zero to Rambo through drawing power from your environment is also pretty well done, even if the character model staying the same feels like something of a letdown.

I felt like the difficulty didn't scale at all with the game. After a couple hours you have two fantastic guns, all the ammunition you'll ever need, and a handful of useful skills. You never die again unless you try to do gimmicky things like kill animals with machetes.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I like the video I saw of someone intentionally drowning the character to take some damage, and then doing the first aid animation pulling out bullets, and fixing broken thumbs. :v:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I did some of my stealth liberations by accident.

A couple times a tiger happened to wander into a camp 300 feet away and killed everyone. That doesn't even count releasing caged tigers.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

To get the sound effects they shot and detonated several elephants. For realism

Thomas Edison would be proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The warning on the Far Cry 3 jet ski labels is
CAUTION Playing too much video games may lead to aggresive behavior. Handle with care. Herp derp

• Locked thread