Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This is the best new shounen manga since Beelzebub. Given time, it might well surpass Beelzebub too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

El Belmondo posted:

These panels are absolutely amazing. They're all I've seen of this, but I think I need to take a look at this right now.

the sound effects drop shadows
:syoon:

Could you remove the second gif? That chapter hasn't been translated yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Relin posted:

Why? Raws are available if you chose to look for them and it's not a spoiler

Yes it is a spoiler, and I don't choose to look for raws.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Homo Depot posted:

How do you get stronger enemies than the ones he's crushed so far? Bring in Galactus? I mean, obviously it doesn't matter how strong they are since he'll still destroy them. Just in terms of who they are and what they look like.

Why would they need to escalate constantly? I figure that devil-rank threats are something that even s-rank heroes have to handle in groups. Guys who can destroy humanity don't really need to be one-upped. This isn't DBZ, and there is no way for any kind of training arc to surpass the brutality of Saitama's daily routine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Raldan posted:

Oh wow, I just realized the super hero registry was founded as a result of Saitama saving that kid in chapter 2. The original super hero!

And even if he says it was him no one will ever believe it. After all, the guy who fought the crab monster had hair.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

:swoon: How soon can we get an anime of this?

It's a trick question, the answer is not soon enough. The action scenes are stellar and the comedy is wonderful.

An anime would by necessity simplify the art. I'm not sure how much it would add.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly the artwork on this alone is enough of a reason to read it, even if it wasn't pretty drat funny. I could look at a chapter for hours. :allears:

The art was pretty much the only reason to read Donten Prism Solar Car. Well, that and the title.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Mentally, Saitama is the character most grounded in reality. Physically, he is more bizarre than everyone else combined.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
One Punch Man: Action speaks louder than words.

Medaka Box: Why have action when you can have more words?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tsob posted:

I feel like the odd man out, because while I find this a stunning looking and interesting manga I don't find it parcticularly funny. I read through all 18 chapters yesterday and can only recall laughing out loud once, which was at the punch in the balls. Maybe I'm just juvenile or something I guess. I do find it interesting enough to keep reading at the very least, and it's definitely great looking so I'm hoping that it'll get more fun as things go on with the introduction of more heroes and so on, but everyone else keeps praising it's humor and I'm just not feeling it :(

I think I was expecting the wrong thing though when I read it for a start, because the OP made me think it'd be more thought provoking than it is with the line that it was about the main character having an early mid life crisis and pondering the nature of strength etc. There's a bit of that, but not nearly as much as I was expecting. Oh well.

Humor is subjective, so who cares? Now, if you said that the art wasn't all that good it would be another matter altogether.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The best part is, Tank Top Tiger is probably going to get all of the credit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Speed of sound sonic is amazing-awesome and I hope he keeps being a recurring antagonist? I just love how far he'll go to have a fight with saitama even though he KNOWS how powerful he is.

I loving love how the realism on Saitama's face keeps changing, absolutely golden.

I don't think he does realize how powerful Saitama is, though. He keeps picking fights because Saitama is faster and he wants to prove that he is the fastest. Sonic still hasn't seen what Saitama's punches can do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I love how the guy in a dog costume is so competent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Saitama is still by far the weirdest character in the manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That hole in the ground was the result of Saitama's fight against the house of evolution. I'm guessing that most of the damages were also due to fights in previous chapters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm curious about the green-haired girl. Aside from Saitama, every other hero seems to be either science-based or have no powers at all aside from being incredibly weird.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gnome7 posted:

That might not be true, though. Genos is new - he's at the worst rank because he hasn't proved himself any yet. His real 'rank' hasn't been set or tested any, just that he is S-class.

Way to ruin a joke. Let me explain the power levels in OPM:

Here is Saitama.

Here is everyone else.

That is really all you need to know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh poo poo, I can pay for OPM? Guess I have to get off the fence and sign up for SJA.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Unlike a normal shounen fighting manga, you don't even need to see Saitama's fights. We all know what the outcome is, and either way there will be some spectacular art.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

pnumoman posted:

I can't believe it took me this long to realize that Saitama is Sunred before he met Kayoko.

Sunred was originally passionate and dedicated to being a hero, so not really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The amazing thing is that he still gets his trash picked up when the neighborhood seems to be otherwise deserted. I want a side story about how non-heroes view that area.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is no use. No lesser man could possibly endure Saitama's daily exercise routine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is a translation out, but don't read it. To put it simply, "Jenosu". Think about that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

antavila posted:

Which event was it that caused Saitama to increase his rank?

Speed of Sound Sonic. It was in the newspaper on the same page of the manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

evilspacehopper posted:

HOW DOES HE DO THAT?!

I love that once again he's taken what was a couple of badly drawn panels and made 10 double page spreads from it.

As for the story, it makes me laugh that Saitama didn't even think of reporting the seaweed monster which would have probably put him in the A class. Has fighting monsters become so routine for him?

Too much trouble. His groceries would spoil and then he'd have to go shopping again, plus it was already time for him to start making dinner.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Is it safe to start saying that Murata in a few years (maybe even now) is probably going to be the best manga/comics artist in the world? I mean, just stringing his drawings together makes a better OP than half of all the other fully animated ones.

Also, what's the song from? I really want to get a good dose of teenage angst.

Art is very much subjective. Murata is amazing, but it isn't as though technical excellence is something he has a monopoly on. Besides, comparing highly detailed art to anime OPs isn't really fair. Even when the source material includes that level of detail, anime studios rarely have the budget to animate it accordingly.

In short, be wary of hyperbole.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Blizzard is crazy stylish. Not that it really matters, as even with actual super powers she isn't even strong enough for class A. In other words, there are two different normal dudes in tank tops that are considerably stronger than she is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, I guess that's true. It is still entirely possible that there are two tanktop guys stronger than she is, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The mangapanda version is already up, and it isn't half bad this time. Very short chapter, though.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---024--?id=156888

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Goddamn, page 27. Look at the ground!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Wow, this has sure been good for Saitama's lack of affect. Anger is healthy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, in 3 months we will have one hell of a chapter. Maybe 2 months if you count the initial google translate mangapanda version.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

As great as he is, it still seems strange that the publisher lets him do full color whenever and however many pages. Bakuman told me color pages are a rare treat. This is printed in a magazine, right?

No.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
HxH is also incredibly popular. As for Togashi's medical issues, no one really knows the specifics. He might be desperately ill or he might be weird and sort of lazy. As far as I know, there is no concrete evidence on the matter whatsoever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Genos is probably just his type, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Not in so many words, no.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
For a guy who had no intention of becoming a hero, Genos sure is a natural at it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Is Genos basically a brain in a metal body at this point? I wonder if he went full on cyborg right away or if he slowly lost his natural parts in fights over the years.

Genos has lost all of his limbs, most of his torso, and half his face at some point. I'm not sure what else he could still have aside from his brain. On the other hand, he somehow eats food?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ONE: Darkshine seems to be a combination of someone using the powers of blackness and cockroaches to be a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Popo posted:

Maybe my memory is bad but "Nice fight" might be the nicest thing Saitama has to anyone so far.

I dunno about it being the nicest thing, but it is certainly the most respect he has shown to anyone.