Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Liar posted:

Yeah, plus re-reading his legs are locked and he's shaking like crazy like speaking, so maybe he's just downplaying how bad it hurt.

After he gets punched he's in so much pain that the manga itself switches to a "Technical Difficulties"-esque panel while he recovers. He's a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Mr. I-Only-Translate-For-Fun needs to translate for fun more often, that was priceless.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Xy Hapu posted:

I'm surprised the story is apparently not set on Earth! I wonder if this is just a superfluous detail or they'll make something of it later

The zoom-out looks vaguely like the Eurasian continent, but I couldn't say for sure.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tsob posted:

His hero name will be Baldy, or possibly just "That Guy".

No, he needs something with pop. Something with verve. Something like describes his method to a tee.

Something like...Onepunch Man.

e: aww man, i was just beaten

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

It's this thread, it is the Mary Sues

No one who uses that term has ever understood what it meant and that goes double for anyone stupid enough to use it today.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's also sometimes transcribed as DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

The like, 3rd arc proper, the entire premise is that all the badguys are insanely overpowered and our heroes would be squashed like spiders if they fought them, no training arc is gonna help them here. It's amazing.

Togashi's work is kind of similar to Onepunch Man in that he's a big fan of characters who are so overwhelmingly powerful that no amount of training or attrition can take them down, forcing the heroes to find alternate means of attack. Hell, Yu Yu Hakusho ended with its main character losing the final battle and it turned out to not even matter because his opponent was so exhausted that he got chumped by a totally different guy shortly after.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jintor posted:

Someone I think earlier in this thread said the thing Tatsumaki and Saitama have in common besides the being drawn half-assedly is that they're both top tier. is Tatsumaki kind of taking everything half-assedly too? That's kind of how it feels

also I might be the only person on the planet who thinks that King does have some kind of crazy power besides luck that activates when he shuts his eyes and screams like a little girl. but maybe not.

That wouldn't be possible anyway because he never backs down. King's aura only works because he's able to choke back his own terror long enough for the enemy to crack first, no matter how hopelessly outmatched he is. Like Unlicensed Rider, that alone makes him one of the most courageous heroes, and is likely part of the reason why Saitama doesn't mind being besties with him.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the strongest monsters in the comic one punch man:

- dog
- cat
- water
- ugly man
- homeless man
- sperm
- insatiably ravenous thumb

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007