Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So this isn't going to be published in English for reals anywhere right? Because I've been waiting for Murata Yuusuke to draw something I actually want to read and this is up there with Vinland Saga on my "wait for a legit version" level of manga hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So I just got done reading the untranslated chapters and I have to say, after seeing the way what the big spreads like Sonic's ninja running around work on the official online viewer... this is a comic that makes really good use of the digital format. I mean yeah, it ultimately boils down to a series of big two page spreads that are lousey with speedlines and are delivered in rapid succession for impact, but that impact is pretty neato and it does a great job of sucking you into the action in a way that I can't really say I've seen done as well anywhere else before.

These webcomic clowns trying to tell action stories could learn a thing or two from Onepunchman, is what I'm saying

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There is a sublime level of comedy on display in the juxtaposition between Murata's lusciously drawn, meticulously colored artwork that has been building to a head over the course of two chapters and Saitama being soooooo stupid you guys

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The latest chapter is out and uhhh it might be the best one yet? And the weird thing is it's not even a climax or anything?

It's probably an old, old point to bring up, but the fact that being digital first lets Murata do basically whatever he wants with page count, and as a result layouts, is... woo! That makes for some good comics

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Kind of makes me wonder if he's ever done hero stuff where anyone can see it, or it's on the public record, or if he's just constantly doing poo poo like this and then being an idol in the public eye

In other words, does he have any other mode for fighting?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Skippy McPants posted:

Saitama is tired of being stuck in a shonen story. He should punch reality so hard it plops him down in another universe where he can be happy. Maybe a small town slice-of-life drama where he works at a bargain store that puts on a different sale every day.

His happiness has to do with his own hangups, not his surroundings. Although it'd probably be better for him if there weren't so many people in complete awe of him, and more people like King and Mumen Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Shugojin posted:

She's just being protective of her sister and annoyed at Saitama telling her to not just kill people, and also now annoyed that keeps just no selling everything

You say that but I think there is a clear level of enjoyment that she's getting at being able to flex on him without (with minimal?) restraint, even if he shrugs it all off. She's like a dog with a chew toy at the moment.