Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Raku posted:

Oh gently caress, Murata totally strikes me as the cliche manga guy that literally works himself to death, I hope he's okay.

I think all published manga artists do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What do you mean?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So far they're still human(except for Horse-in-a-suit) too, but who knows what they'd do if a good monster showed up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of the picture in the Op, I'm guessing the blond guy in the middle is the S Class Rank 1 hero?

By the way, I wonder if we've seen any Dragon level mysterious beings yet. The Mosquito lady and Asura Rhino seem like they could be Dragon level, but even the giant that was demolishing cities in Chapter 3 was only Demon.

And obviously there's no way we've seen any God level ones(besides Saitama himself).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JosephWongKS posted:

EDIT: I'm so completely hyped to see all these guys in action and find out how wielding a metal bat, wearing a tank-top, huff-puffing, and wearing a dog costume gets them their S-Class rankings.

Even more so when it seems that actual superpowers seem to be rare in the OPM universe. I guess a lot of them must use technology like Genos, with others just being super strong through training or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liar posted:

If you look it looks like he just landed on his toes fairly softly and then set down his heals. You'd think with it being Saitama that he'd crack the road in half or something, but no. Somehow he just lands there, absolutely confident that everything's find despite the fact that he just killed a million people saving a billion people.

Well at that point he didn't have much choice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

cooldude2.0 posted:

As great as he is, it still seems strange that the publisher lets him do full color whenever and however many pages. Bakuman told me color pages are a rare treat. This is printed in a magazine, right?

Nope, just online so he basically has free reign.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, One Piece is the best selling manga of all time in Japan, but it isn't as popular overseas as Dragonball was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, read through them and you really should wait until Murata's version is done to read it. I can say that the arc after this one looks amazing though. Can't wait to see how Murata draws some of the interesting designs in it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh that's a shame, just realized that the chapter numbers no longer match up with the original(probably because of the meteor and Metal Knight chapters). This is chapter 28 in the original. Maybe that's why Murata wanted to draw a 100 page chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's because the guy translating started at 32 since that's where the next arc after this one starts(in the original).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's actually 1-44 so don't read past Page 6 if you don't want to get spoiled.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bondster posted:

On a reread of the current chapter Genos was fighting so hard that he lost half the skin on his face, showing us his cyborg skull

Is Genos basically a brain in a metal body at this point? I wonder if he went full on cyborg right away or if he slowly lost his natural parts in fights over the years.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is gonna never cease to amuse me the name that the ONE's version translators went for Saitama :haw:

Edit: No, they picked up the series at the start of the next arc that follows Murata's

(ONE's version spoiler)No, that's his hero name that he gets the arc after next.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

(one) Chapter 60

Various monsters get their poo poo wrecked by the hero association it seems the eye guy in charge tried to match them up with ability but probably a bad idea, I like pig god at the end just shoving the great food tub into his gullet like "no"

Also Chapter 61

Darkshine is going to be sweet in Murata's version, and Class A's cannot compete it seems.

(ONE version)Slicing Sheman is quite a name, I imagine the LGBT community wouldn't like that too much. Is that how it is in Japanese or is it all the translator?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Page 10 supposed to be pure white?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, there's one chapter inbetween so wait until next chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Except there's also the massive jump Saitama made to punch it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Child Emperor looks a lot younger than I thought he was.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Prison Warden posted:

Just looking at the art, with no comprehension of what is happening, but S-9 appears to just be Metaknight

His name is pretty close so maybe it's intentional.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A translation is out Here

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Because Japan does that a lot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Here's hoping she's a protagonist for Saitama, and not a love interest.

Don't worry, this isn't that kind of series.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, just noticed that now all the characters in the OP's picture have been introduced.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mystic Mongol posted:

They're not ranked in terms of power, they're ranked in terms of hero rating--in other words, marketability. The rad old martial artists and the kids are waaaaay high in the ranks, while the crazed multiple rapist is ranked at the bottom of the S class heroes.

Rank DOES usually indicate power/fighting ability. The reason Genos and Saitama don't fit into that is because they're still new and haven't risen up the ranks yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you sign up for Jump do you also get to read the previous chapters? Or only the ones that come out after you sign up?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Delusibeta posted:

If you're in the US only, for some incredibly dumb reason.

Wait, really? I thought it was all of North America.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy gently caress that spaceship.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

:colbert: He is only Class A, Rank 2, this means he is a CHUMP, and will be chumped on.

Keep in mind that's just a step away from S class though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, I never knew Tatsumaki and Fubuki's names were also their hero name. I guess that's where their hero names came from, I always wondered why Fubuki was called Blizzard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Japanese site sure loads slowly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, it's probably less that they can hear it and more that they're breaking the 4th wall.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aw, I prefer the translation they used in the original for Atomic Samurai's response to finding out about the marble.

"Duly noted. That means all I have to do is keep cutting until I cut the vital marble!"

Makes him sound a lot more stubborn. Anyway, can't wait for next chapter. It has one of my favourite jokes in the series.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 15, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think a OPM version of :geno: would work better. It doesn't work as well when it's a gif.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

antavila posted:

Waiiiiiiiiiit a second...

Why is Saitama's fight not being shown? Was it like this in the ONE comic? It's the first guy who can take a punch from him and I can't see what's happening :bang:.

I don't think he has thrown a punch yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought Mob Psycho was by one of One's assistants, not One himself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Sea King wasn't unbeatable, only the weakest S-rank heroes fought it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Sandman posted:

So what would Saitama's name be as a Stand?

Personally, I'm thinking "We Are The Champions".

Dark Side of the Moon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a version with all the different characters named? Specifically who are the two guys sword fighting above Toriko?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stink Billyums posted:

Shishio and I'm guessing Zabuza

Yeah looking closer the other one might be Zabuza. The sword is all wrong though.