Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

AnonSpore posted:

Saitama telling everyone in Medaka to shut the hell up and summarize in ten words or less would be pretty great, no lie.

Medaka Box characters: 15 pages of :words: and :smug:
:geno: Scribbly-Saitama: "Uh... come again?"

That would be the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Hey man, what about Horse in a suit hero? That guy is pretty wacky.

Amazon.com Horse Mask posted:

This mask imbues the wearer with super-human abilities. The power to make everyone around you feel akward and uncomfortable being first among them. After wearing the mask for several days my identity was consumed and replaced. There is only the horse now. Best purchase I ever made.

I do so hope that this is where his inspiration for that guy comes from.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Realistically speaking if he really had shattered it that close to impact, the chunks wouldn't have scattered far enough to avoid doing more or less the same damage that it would have done had it been completely solid. It's like the difference between a rock hitting you in the gut, or an equal mass of gravel hitting you in the gut in roughly the same area.

I guess you could imagine that he vaporized some of it, but you'd still have the problem of a massive amount of vaporized white-hot rock-gas smashing into a city. Also, it would've been surrounded by a fireball and the shock-front of its approach through the atmosphere would've probably leveled the city long before it actually hit the ground.

But whatever. Anime~ :japan: The chapter, especially the animated bit at the end, was incredible. This comic works so well in color, I almost wish he had a dedicated colorist like in American comics.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It makes sense to me now why the kill-a-roid didn't just splash down like a reasonable Newtonian object. Geno's beam apparently slowed its velocity enough such that it was momentarily nearly motionless.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Guys, there's no need to explain the origin of Saitama's powers. They are already explained. He did strength training for a year and lost all his hair and became invincible. That's it! There's nothing else there. He just did strength training and became a superhuman. I see no reason why I should reject that explanation and speculate on some "truly" superheroic cause, because this is a work of fantasy and primarily a comedy at that.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Myurton posted:

And that is when translators should go tell sperglords to go screw themselves. (Am I allowed to swear on ADTRW?)

I think that you are! There's nothing in the stickied rules thread that says you can't! We're still SA goons here after all, it won't shock us to see the F-word.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Zereth posted:

What the shitballs are you talking about, we can't loving swear here, you cockmongler! :mad:

:monocle: I am truly shocked!

EDIT: That's a silly way to start a new page.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 12, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Looks like even if the public hate him, he's still going to be a hero in the eyes of other heroes.

I think it's more like how there's "public" artists that have widespread appeal versus "artist's" artists whose appeal is to people who really understand art. Saitama is a hero's hero, though he's unrecognized by the public.

Also, I want to see him rise into the S-rank but still be regarded by everyone as a fraud.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Does anyone have that picture handy, the one where Murata painted a drawing on his hand for fun? That was awesome and I forgot to save it at the time.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That's the one! Hahah. How neat! Thanks.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Here is a thought--

Saitama's stated secret to gaining superpowers is to do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km a day, yes? Well, as the characters noted in that chapter, it's clearly just a kind of routine fitness regimen, nothing special. Except for one detail-- they are all factors of ten!

Therefore, I deduce that the true secret to superpowers is not the training regimen per se, but rather to do everything in one's life over the course of a year in multiples of ten.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Soulcleaver posted:

Why don't the pathetic nerds who jack off ten times a day becomes invincible spaceship-smashers then?

Because I want in on that

Because, unfortunately, the human body cannot be trained to produce precisely 10 liters of cum a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

So it's kind of like "Fap Faprisoner", then?