Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jaweeeblop posted:

I wonder what would happen if saitama punched himself in the stomach or flung his heel up into his butt cheek really hard?

We already saw him being unscathed after smacking his own head while trying to whack the pesky mosquito in Chapter 5 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Ch-005-Read-Online?id=146405#6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm pretty sure that whatever was wrong with him is okay now. It broke his limiter and gave him his Saitama level art skills.

Is Murata bald? If not, your theory is incorrect.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alder posted:

I thought he just liked to save male heroes he liked while in prison? He doesn't actually say he's violating people for fun (or did he???). I read the original manga, redrawn, and watching the anime.

He did say he was violating people.

quote:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---035-005----Tankobon-004-Extra-Prison?id=248664#20

Old Prisoner: It's been about a year since Boss came here. Boss had just busted a wanted Class A criminal and came here together with that wanted man.

Old Prisoner: I heard it was Boss's own decision to turn himself in... For Boss likes men even though he's a man himself. And that man just happened to be his type.

Old Prisoner: After a year with Boss, that wanted man was nothing but skin and bones, but it didn't matter any more...

Old Prisoner: Because Boss had come up with a very dangerous "solution" in the meantime.

Pri-Pri Prisoner: It's a crime to violate normal boys, but...

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---035-005----Tankobon-004-Extra-Prison?id=248664#21

Pri-Pri Prisoner: If it's a criminal boy, it's like I'm punishing him and it's killing two birds with one stone. No one will complain and everything's good!

[Author's Note: This isn't true]

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Seafood posted:

Tatsumaki and Fubuki are the only known (human) psychics revealed thus far, Child Emperor has a genius IQ, and Zombieman can apparently regenerate or something (not really a surprise). Everyone else in-series is just stuck with some form of super strength, resilience, and/or athletic ability with the assistance of tools or possibly technique.

Dunno if Pig God has anything going for him.

You forgot Metal Knight / Doctor Bofoy, who is a genius robot-maker. That's not to say he necessarily doesn't have strength, resilience, and/or athletic ability, but he hasn't shown any of that to date.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 23, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prison Warden posted:

I dunno if rank in the S class is directly comparible to actual power, though. Like, Child Emperor isn't as strong as Pri-Pri Prisoner even and people think King is the strongest guy in the world and he's only ranked 7th.

Metal Bat probably just spends too much time helping his school friends out of scrapes, working two jobs to pay for his sick mother's medical bills and listening to his sister's emotional troubles.

And making sure his cat's kittens are adopted out to good homes.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The youngest known heroes so far are...

Child Emperor (S-Rank) - 10
Lily (B-Rank) - 15
Metal Bat (S-Rank) - 17
Genos (S-Rank), Blue Fire (A-Rank) - 19

Clearly the young ones are powerful.

Wait, what? Metal Bat is only 17? :psyduck: Where was this stated?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He could jump off the moon and make it to namek by the time he needed to take a breath.

Does Saitama even need oxygen / air at this point? When he was punted to the moon by Boros, he didn't seem to be holding his breath or otherwise suffering for lack of air.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suspicious Lump posted:

I missed this when I was reading the manga. Licenseless Rider is C1, him congratulating Saitama for becoming B class hero really shows how awesome he is. No hard feelings, no resentment of his strength, they both admire and respect each other . I really hope he gets stronger :( Maybe he can get a car and become a P Plate Driver!

Not just that, he must get all the licences. Driver's licence. Motorcycle licence. Firearm's licence. Lawyer's licence. Doctor's licence. Architect's licence. Mortician's licence. Imagine what he could achieve as a car-driving, motorcycle-riding, shotgun-wielding, lawyer-doctor-architect-mortician hero. Instead of beating up villains one at a time, he could uproot entire criminal gangs by evicting them from their office headquarters or prosecuting them for tax evasion.

All the licences. ALL OF THEM.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mygna posted:

Here's a new (I think?) extra chapter that feels highly relevant to recent discussion.

I was surprised to see Tatsumaki brushing her teeth. I would've thought she would just telekinesis all the plaque out or something.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

King is just a normal guy, though.

King is the strongest man in the world.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter is out - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Punch-057-002?id=262154

We are finally back in the martial arts tournament arc.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any Onepunch Man game, regardless of genre(s), should be playable with only onebutton.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Punch-059-003?id=268687

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has Genos ever been in a fight where he didn't lose at least one limb?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

thechosenone posted:

Does anyone wonder if King actually does have a power, Like, the ability to cause problems that were gonna happen, and people who can fix them, towards himself? Particularly in ways that make it seem like he is doing it himself?

I know the joke is that it is all sheer dumb luck, but I feel like it would be cool too if some folks in the hero association knew, but also thought he might be like a good luck charm or something.

King's power is, and I say this absolutely sincerely, that he is The Strongest Man in the World.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xarbala posted:

Thank you for introducing me to Angel Densetsu, thread.

It was good.

Same here. I started reading the first chapter after it was linked here and got hooked straight away. Finished all 84 chapters over the past two days and it was real good.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

Same here. I started reading the first chapter after it was linked here and got hooked straight away. Finished all 84 chapters over the past two days and it was real good.

I just found out that the mangaka of Angel Densetsus followed it up with Claymore as his next series. That's one hell of a genre shift.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Genos is still best waifu though.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mo_Steel posted:

My favorite part of this chapter, so good.

I want Rider to start wearing a tank top and actually get a power up from it. Tank Top Rider.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, those 100 squats really pay dividends.

Yeah, don't ever skip leg day.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 17, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watchdogman is adorable and so is Sangetsu no Lily. :3:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Her name is Sansetsukon no Lily / Lily of the Three-Section Staff. She's the only female member of Fubuki's gang (other than Fubuki herself) and she wields a three-section staff.

She made her first appearance in Chapter 44 (bottom right panel).

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 12, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moltrey posted:

if that sounds silly, it's cause she first appeared in the Murata version and became cool cause she's like the only dude in Fubuki's group with a dang name that's not Glasses or Eyelashes

Then she got so popular that ONE imported her into his version of the manga.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fubuki may be Besto Garl, but Genos will forever be Best Waifu.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

one-sensy, i will vet all of your jokes in future all u have to do is tell me the ending of one punch mans

The ending of Onepunch Man is that Saitama punches something once.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm more and more convinced that Watchdogman is an actual dog wearing a gag with a human face drawn on it.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah sure Garou's strength and skills are increasing rapidly but can he play some loving Street Fighter?

Garou (and Bang) should be pretty good with characters with QCF, HCF and other circular-motion inputs, but suck with back/forward and up/down characters like Guile and Blanka.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 10, 2017

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

where the red fern gropes posted:

which chapter is this

During the House of Evolution arc, on page 7 of Chapter 10 (which has the chapter title "Modern Art") - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Punch-010?id=369854#7

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder where we go after this. We've done Earth's defender, incredible medicine, DNA manipulation, sea monster, aliens, and now an incredible martial artist. How do we escalate? All I've got right now is something coming back from the future, androids, vampires, or demons.

There's still a number of mysteries that have been hinted at but not yet resolved:

(a) Who's the cyborg that destroyed Genos's town and killed his family?

(b) What's the true agenda / allegiances of Metal Knight, and why did Drive Knight warn Genos against Metal Knight?

(c) Who is Blast, and why has he been missing for so long?

(d) Is Watchdog Man a man wearing a dog costume, or a giant dog holding a human head / mask in his mouth?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Here - https://mangadex.org/chapter/205808/1

Not fully translated though - a number of empty word bubbles here and there.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Translation is out - https://mangadex.org/chapter/385797/1

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Translation is out on mangadex - https://mangadex.org/chapter/459552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blast is gonna be a NEET or something just holed up somewhere the Hero Association can't find him watching anime.

Watching anime is King's thing already, though.