Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ZerodotJander posted:

When you create 2 of the top 20 most popular Shonen Jump titles ever and sell over 100 million tankobon, they give you a lot of leeway.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/02/26/the-best-of-the-best-of-manga-shonen-jumps-20-best-sellers-of-all-time/

This plus being married to the author of Sailor Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Saitama did 100 pushups, 100 situps, and ran a bunch of kilometers every day. That's all he did, and that's the joke. I don't understand why people are sperging out and demanding that this isn't the correct answer.

You cant forget "never skip breakfast."

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Case in point: that incredibly dry and literal fan re-translation of Chrono Trigger.

Wait, what sort of stuff did they change?

KoB
May 1, 2009
The only mistake is that Gonzalez is a totally rad name for a karaoke robot, even if Gato is still hilarious.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Besides, all the Heros there know how useless they were against the Sea King. Even if the public hates him, the Heros will recognize Saitama at least.

KoB
May 1, 2009

coathat posted:

I'd rather watch an anime of the original ONE comic than whatever disappointing mess would come out of animating Murata's version.

Eyeshield 21 was consistently good-looking at least.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Page 17 is completely blank for me.

KoB
May 1, 2009

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

well duh he just posted a picture of a place

Its a region of Japan.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Avulsion posted:

They named part of Japan after Onepunch Man?

Didnt you see what he did to that meteor?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

Well, there's a little tell, but its done the best way it could be - after Saitama has chewed Fubuki out for not getting what it means to be a hero, so it ends up framed as a demonstration, rather than explaining after the fact. But yes, that he just does it so naturally is what makes it work so well.

That's part of the charm of the series really. It may examine and critique the concept of a superhero, but it understands them better than most these days.

Saitama is drawn at his most badass explaining what a true hero is/does, and when his power is shown hes back to regular ol' Saitama.

Its not the beard hero on the outside, its the Hero on the inside.

One of the few Heroes that Saitama has acknowledged is a weak C-Class with the strength of a normal dude, but he acknowledged Licence-less Rider as a true hero.

KoB fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 23, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009

tlarn posted:

Because, let's be honest, Trigger will have its hands full with My Hero Academia.

:lol: if you think Trigger has the sort of pull to snag a popular shonen jump manga.

KoB
May 1, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

This is amazing.

:siren:Read Buso Renkin:siren:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

I like the web/print art comparisons. It's like Murata is saying "Oh no, that's just my first draft. Nothing special. Just something I sketched in my spare time; hardly printworthy. Here's my real work"

Every manga is like this, Murata is just on another level.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Davinci posted:

Seems like Murata is progressing along quicker than ONE is though, so he'll probably catch up at some point.

ONE's also dropped off a whole lot since he has a regular serialization to take care of now. Chapters are really infrequent now.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Begemot posted:

Depends on when you sleep. The day changes the moment you wake up.

What if I wake up but go back to bed.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The OP is :perfect:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Aurain posted:

The OP should be King whooping his rear end at video games.

Hope they pull a Jojo and change the OP so that King is killing all the monsters for his introduction arc.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Crain posted:

Not gonna lie, I put this in my workout playlist and ended up just running to it on loop.

I wanna be a saikyo hero.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shadow0 posted:

Also, I tried showing someone else the anime, and we reached the scene with Genos's lengthy explanation - yeah, my friend was giggling for a while at the beginning, but man, does it go on for forever...

:thejoke:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Some of the pages just didnt fit to normal page size either.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Versions of OPM:

ONE web comic
Murata web comic (occasionally updated with new panels)
Murata print version (some panels/scenes were redrawn for the volumes to bit print better)
Anime

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Licenseless rider teaching Saitama and Genos to ride bikes please. (I'm guessing Genos's family was too poor to afford one, and Saitama just lived right between school and the station so it never occurred to him)

I'd rather Genos just go along with it so as not to make Saitama feel bad.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

"Half-assing" isn't the term that I would use to refer to an artist who constantly becomes physically ill. I mean, I don't give a poo poo about HxH, but give the guy a break. Or 503.

Man I had no idea the Chimera ant arc took almost 10 years.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kild posted:

Probably since only Genos and him survived the attack IIRC.

I dont remember if its been revealed in the Murata version yet but Stench says that hes been pursuing the Cyborg since before he met Genos.

Personally I think hes a little weird around Genos because he knows that Genos is way too obsessed about revenge. He doesnt want him to throw his life away seeking revenge.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Rexides posted:

I just love the kind of respect the manga/anime treats him with. In any other work, he would be the butt of every joke, but when looking at his world, ONE wants you to see past people's superpowers and at just their sense of justice.

Rider is the best character because hes a true Hero

KoB
May 1, 2009

JD posted:

What else is Murata working on?

Glancing at Wikipedia only says he's working on One Punch Man

He was worked on other projects sporadically. He has assisted on a few anime projects iirc.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

King and Child Emperor playing video games together. :unsmith:

I want scenes of Rider and Saitama hanging out but I imagine hes too busy dealing out Justice to hang around much.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Mumen Rider is too good for this earth.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The main part was the contrast to the beginning of the series, which kicks off with Saitama wanting recognition for being a hero.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Law Cheetah posted:

i went and found the tweet, it looks like that screenshot is edited

https://twitter.com/ADobsonComics/status/783435567602151424

But I cant get mad at this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Talk poo poo get (almost) hit.