Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Do the assistants draw right on the page in pencil or do they digitally add content on the computer? If the latter, that would relieve a little bit of the pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Always love seeing Genos kick rear end (until he inevitably is torn to pieces), but, not going to lie, kinda wish that big energy beam had been deflected by a certain metal bat...

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I guess, on the bright side, the redraws can motivate me to eat better and get more exercise, because at the rate this is going, I am going to have to survive well into old age if I want to see how this story ends...

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I do think this adds more interesting layers, and possibly foreshadowing to the story. That being said, I don't think it's worth it just considering the glacial pace this story is already moving.

Like, we're at this epic point where we are probably just a couple chapters away from an all out Battle Royale between the entire Hero Association and, what, 6 or 7 dragon-level threats? Thats all BEFORE the inevitable showdown with Garou...

I just want to see what happens next!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
If it was deliberate trolling I would almost be impressed.

"Ok so we're going to go from an epic battle with a God-powered being who can slice apart the planet. Then after three weeks were going to show you that fight between the Disciples and that hair monster for the second time".

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Congrats, you just spoiled the plot beats for the rest of this arc.

I do try to be careful about spoilers in this thread. I just felt like this is what the story has been building to, even without knowing what happens in the web comic.

My apologies if my post went too far.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Gologle posted:

Yo this chapter is wholesome as gently caress, wtf?

I love that moment between Iaian and his master. I really enjoy the webcomic, but it has never pulled off that kind of emotion between tertiary characters.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Mordecai posted:

How did Zombieman get out without a communicator bubble? Did I miss a chapter, or did Tatsumaki's second powerup just handwave pulling out all the heroes (except Saitama and Flash) and none of the monsters?

To answer your question, yes, there is a chapter missing. Very bizzare to see the plot elements happen out of sequence in story telling, but Murata has been redoing chapters that change the events surrounding the sword disciples and the private mercenaries.

Several chapters still need to be redrawn, including, apparently, a chapter in which Pig God finds everyone and swallows them to get them to safety

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Donkringel posted:

Yea that implies Hobo God has been dealt with since he was pretty much guarding Zmans corpse remains.

I know the latest redraw chapter showed Pig God's bubble being crunched by Gums. I can't remember if the part where Homeless Emporer is watching scraps of zombie man be taken up in a bubble was also changed.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

didn't mind it before but this is legitimately getting real fuckin' stupid

I don't mind the redraws, I just find it crazy that substantial plot elements are changing, and we are now seeing the "effect" before the "cause".

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Jerkface posted:

Do you really need a chapter showing Pig God finding everyone and eating them? Like he will 100% redraw to show it, but its like not necessary...you get the story telling from this chapter.. he found everyone and ate them..

I agree that we probably have enough to connect the dots. But I would say there is no question that any manga would describe the events that have:
- Iaian slashing his way out of the barrier to save the mercenaries
- Pig God escaping from Gums and either intervening in the Zombie Man fight, or at least finding his remains in the rubble
- Pig God finding and rescuing everyone and getting back to the surface without further assistance.

graham cracker posted:

Just picture a pacman level but pacman is pig god and the dots are heroes and the ghosts are cadres and you've got an idea of what went down. Also the dig dug music is playing.

And if we got this 100% verbatim, that would be incredible!

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 28, 2020

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how many S class could take him in a fight. Obviously Tatsumaki, but everyone else is a maybe

I'd put money on Dark Shine, Bang, and Flashy Flash. Maybe Watchdog Man and Drive Knight. And I guess Metal Knight if you want to count him. Thats probably it though.

He's probably psychotic enough to mulch Zombieman beyond the point where he could regenerate.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

A half mulched zombieman is rather ugly, though. Could give him an edge.

Good point, I wonder if Pig God should be considered in the running for that same reason?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Super Rad posted:

TTM and PPP are the only two members of the S class where I feel confident Sweet Mask could beat them. For whatever reason I don't get the impression that Sweet Mask thinks that anything PPP does is 'ugly' - whereas I could definitely see Zombieman winning just by being a hideous pile of guts - also I'm not sure if Sweet Mask's fighting style lends itself to erasing someone without a trace.

I doubt Child Emporer could do much against him, and Genos gets trashed by basically everyone. King wouldn't even end up being a fight. My heart wants to think Atomic Samurai* could win - but I just don't think my boy has it in him.

And the secret for taking on Zombieman has to be just damaging him enough to dump him into molten steel, T2 style, right?

*edit: and, hate to say it, Metal Bat too

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 17, 2020

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

We literally saw him squish monsters into the pavement, bisect people in powered armor and make a plaything out of the dominatrix. We also saw that he has what appears to be an actual face mask which he miraculously healed somehow.

It’s safe to say he can at least fight the physical power houses like tank top and puri puri.

I was introduced to OPM through the anime, and season 1 introduces Sweet Mask before most of the other heroes, and hugely plays up the idea that this guy is shady, and is hiding something. He directly challenges Metal Bat after Boros, and once again threatens several of the S class during the pre-attack briefing in the current arc. I don't get the sense that he is stupid or drastically over-estimating his own power compared to others - especially now that we've seen him swat away demon-level threats like it's nothing.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
It sucks how it feels like these redraws are knee-capping my favourite S-Class, Atomic Samurai. First they deleted his fun, playful banter when fighting G5, and then they got rid of the focused atomic slash.

The latter was big for me, because I liked that even though Black Sperm is an incredibly over-powered monster, Atomic Samurai wasn't completely helpless against him.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Out of curiosity, what sources do people check to stay on top of new chapter, or redraw chapter releases? I’ve pretty much exclusively relied on this thread, and otherwise I’m not sure which place is best considering all the sites that have been shut down over time.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Appreciate the replies! Thanks very much!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Did everyone forget that PPP using the nickname "Darkie" already happened way back when Dark shine first met PPP after he had been quickly beaten by Garou. Don't want to discourage any of the conversation, just curious why this is surprising to people now, when it first happened months ago?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

oh jay posted:

It is unclear whether that is tanning lotion or if he has gone through minor monsterfication/limit breaking.

I am genuinely wondering if a future reveal in the story is that many of the S Class heroes are actually partially monsterized. In the latest redraw of the PPP chapter, it was notable to me that people were straight up calling him a monster. Also there was some potential foreshadowing of Watchdog Man as a potential costumed monster in the Phoenix Man redraw fight.

Most of the S Class seem capable of supernatural feats, and there have been numerous references to the fact that the S Class heroes are in a tier that seems off limits to the A class through normal training/development.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
The lines are definitely blurred. Tank Top Master's origin definitely fits the OPM monster "I ate so much crab that I became a crab monster" MO. Whereas Monaco is a mostly harmless monster whose violence seems to be more of a nurture vs nature situation, since she is now friendly and cooperative, despite technically being a monster.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Yeah I agree with all of this. Darkshine is just so bizarrely inexplicable to me. A character that is fully depicted as a black man, to the point that no one would have any reason to doubt that fact. Until over 100 chapters into the series, we find out he's actually a pale skinned (Japanese??) guy. And it's never remarked upon in any way.

If it wasn't for reading this thread, I don't think I would have ever made the connection between body building bronzing and his dark skin. I don't know if I'm missing something, or it's some strange Japanese thing, or what. If it is actually a deliberate joke, then I really don't get it.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Bang killing Child Emperor with kindness is just the best. And I like both of the characters.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I had been thinking that it might be a loooong time before we see Saitama do anything in the manga. But could this be leading to a Saitama vs (what I can only guess is) God fight?

Gotta say with so many monsters and Garou still in play, I did not see that coming...

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
This chapter was excellent, but one thing that could have made it even better would have been King getting a lick on Psyrochi as well.

... He is the world's strongest man, after all!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Is that black cube Saitama grabbed in the translated chapter the same as the one Bang was holding in the flashback?

All speculation, of course, but I am guessing this is setting up some kind of Blast - - > Espers - - > God - - > Pyschos - - > Monster Association connection, and that the cube is important somehow

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

UchihaHirou posted:

Chapter Speculation: Would that make the thing at the end Blast?

I would guess it's God, based on the size, being "in the Earth" and seemingly being in some kind of strange void.

To elaborate more on my previous post, here is what we know so far:
- there was a facility that was studying and/or training espers
- Blast saved Tatsumaki from this facility while holding that cube
- Psychos is an esper
- Psychos was given a special power and mission by God
- Psychos founded the Monster Association
- The cube was found inside the MA headquarters

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

The junk collector posted:

Orochi is (hopefully finally) killed

He HAS to be dead at this point, right? Like, I feel like Murata went to great pains showing him being ground into dust, right before being plunged into Earth's molten core...

Also, my God, they killed Zombieman!!!! ONE you son of a bitch!!!

...But in all seriousness, I'm so pumped to see the Cadres emerging. I have to think things are going to move along quickly now, since its unlikely we'll see Saitama again before he's at the surface to join the fight.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

It doesn't matter how fast it is, they explicitly just said time moves slower down there so they're going to move at the speed of plot now.

My point didn't have anything to do with how much slower time was moving or how quick Blast's warp is. I only think that the story will move quicker now because there now isn't anything standing between Saitama and the surface, and I don't know if ONE would be willing to go, like, two years before letting us see Saitama again.

EDIT:
Though I suppose we could get a Boros situation where Saitama fights Garou (the main boss of the arc) while the S Class fight all the cadres...

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 27, 2021

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I still think it's very likely that the main plot beats are likely to play out very similarly to the webcomic (and if I'm wrong, thats fine. Im totally ok with the manga being its own thing).

When you think about it, now that the Cadres are emerging, everything that has occurred over the last half-dozen chapters got us to the point that the webcomic got to in one chapter (Tatsumaki lifts the MA base, and all the cadres are on the surface). The main difference now is that the chess prices have been arranged differently.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Yeah, definitely want to give a shout out of appreciation to everyone who updates this thread with the new chapters. It's always a delight to see the new posts and find out a new chapter has been released!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

graham cracker posted:

Its interesting how the redraws are redeeming the mercenaries and saving them.

Yeah, I have to say, I know lots of people aren't into the redraws since it takes away from the momentum of the story, but I see this redraw as a pretty great improvement. I think it does way more to sell the threat of Evil Natural Water (which is shown to be a pretty terrifying monster here), and I actually kind of liked the mercenary redemption.

I believe right after this chapter Saitama is supposed to fight Orochi. I'm very curious to see if any part of it also get's redrawn. From how things left off, I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

oh what the gently caress i didn't know the redraws were changing plot points, but i'll accept it if it's in service to murata being just so loving horny for drawing 2d ladies

what chapter was the redraw?

The redraws are fairly wide in scope. From what I can tell there has been a few different story elements changed:

- Mercenaries are saved, and they are part of the fights up to the introduction of Evil Natural Water
- Pig God is eventually going to save the the three swordsmen, plus the surviving Mercs, and swallow them to bring them to the surface
- Phoenix Man introduced the idea of a "costumed" monster and a psychic plane of existence that Saitama can punch his way into
- Gale and Hellfire were captured rather than letting them escape
- Maybe it's worth mentioning that two of the minor monsters are in love, I guess. Just trying to be comprehensive with this summary.

I think the major redraws so far would start around issue 102.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Does anyone know if any of the audiobooks, translated to English, are available somewhere online?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Considering there are, like 14 S-Class-level good guys on the scene I was thinking this was going to be too one-sided for the heroes. But I think I was wrong.

The fact that Tatsumaki, zombieman, sweet mask, genos, drive knight, and child emperor are all more or less out of the fight (probably) does even things up quite a bit.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Probably a better question is: will Rover come back? Last we saw him he was sitting like a good dog, in what now must be a twisted pile of buried rubble...

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

it'll be redrawn in 9 months while we're in the middle of another arc.

So optimistic... 9 months ago Tatsumaki had just started her fight with Pysrochi. I predict the next arc will begin in 2027.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

RIP merc leader

There was also the scientist guy who made his brother into a giant who then swatted him by accident.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
New chapter is up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/oppTAIE/1/1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

man, we're starting to run low on s-class heroes on the scene

maybe genos will save everyone

We need King now more than ever. He is the only hope.