Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think it's just a guy with a horse mask (and hoofed "gloves"), just notice how the collar of his shirt disappears under the seam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

My favorite hero right now must be Partially-Iron-Middle-Aged-Salary-Man in page 14 of the latest chapter.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Zorak posted:

If not that, mystical bullshit. Even Supes is weak to mystical bullshit.

But is mystical bullshit immune to punches?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Onepunch Man: The only manga so well animated you can make a music video out of it.

Alright, we have the OP, now we just need someone to produce the rest of the anime.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Anyway, to move away from the topic of terrible scanlation groups: it's a bit old, but this short from Murata is pretty goddamn amazing.

He managed to draw his scenes in surfaces perpendicular to each other in a way that maintains the correct perspective when viewed from the right angle, dude is a genius.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think that Murata really wants to work in animation.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was making sound effect sounds with my mouth for the entire chapter, it was that good.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

:sbahj:

I loved Saitama's attitude. "I'll keep saving you whether you assholes like it or not"

Also I love how danger levels don't even register with him.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

a kitten posted:

That drawing of Saitama in the rain is god drat amazing.

I don't think I have ever shouted "gently caress yeah!" at seeing a manga page before.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I hate to be this guy, and it's not such a huge deal because this is not a suspense manga or anything, but would it be possible for people discussing things that have not appeared in Murata's version yet to tag their spoilers as such?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I keep enjoying the build-up to the One Punch as much as the next goon, but I really hope that Saitama gets the recognition he deserves so that the manga can change gears a bit. Or maybe ONE has some better tricks up his sleeve, dunno.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I liked it better when Saitama unquestionably beat the poo poo out of the Sea King and everyone just stared in awe :smith:

Saitama, you are just too good for this bunch of jerks.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Am I the only one who makes sound effects with his mouth while reading this? Because it's the most mouth-sound-effecty manga I have ever read.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Good things DO happen in the world after all.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Will be adapted by a studio that was formed just for this and a cast of unknowns. 8 episodes in, a very perceptive blogger will point out that the show is just Murata flipping over pages of his manga in front of a camera.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Anime adaption lookin' good :frogc00l:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Science should find a way to sew ONE and Murata together so that they never stop collaborating.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Boros feels like a good point to end the first season.

I love how faithful the adaption is, and the fight scenes really live up to the expectations, but I would have been ok if they shuffled things a bit more in order to build a better arc for a 12 episode season. Early OPM was just the short vignettes of a man too powerful to let any confrontation develop dramatically, but trying to cram them as it is into a 20 minute episode without any particular theme connecting them felt kinda disjointed.

Having said that, I think that the first episode did a great job showcasing Saitama's depression, and I wish that they try to build a bit more on that than the manga did. I mean, I am onboard with the series just being "Look at that guy, he is super powerful but totally only cares about veggie sales" because that's what drew me into the manga in the first place (also, Murata being God), but it will make it more interesting if they punctuate it with "and it's because he is too depressed and afraid to live up to his potential".

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

His art's getting a lot better. I guess he just has more time to do it now that Onepunch man's gotten huge so he can focus on doing webcomics and writing instead of needing to work the daily grind?

Apparently if you do a thing over and over you eventually get better at doing it. In the real world at least. In OPM world it consumes you and turns you into a monster.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Genos is like that D&D player who thinks that any NPC the GM puts there has to do with his character's elaborate backstory.

Also, I hope that "Expositions are boring" does not become this shows recurring joke. That's a terrible joke to recur.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I think it should have been Tiger -> Ogre -> Dragon -> Deity

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Can you elaborate why? An Ogre (Oni) is a variety of demon in Japan, and "deity" is just a synonym for "god".

Is this one of those things where Christians co-opted the word "god" for their deity's name, and get pissy about it, or is it one of those things like screaming "FRICK" at the top of your lungs and acting like it doesn't have the exact same intent and meaning as screaming "gently caress"

:shrug: Dunno, just sounds better to me.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The Something Awful Forums -> The Finer Arts -> VEGETA -> Onepunch-Man - The God of Comics has descended, and the poo poo just blew the gently caress up

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

My pitch when I suggest this manga to people: "It's a great story, but the animation is not perfect. Most of the time it's just panels."

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

sharktamer posted:

And yeah, haha licenseless rider was so great in this episode, his standing up riding was SO INTENSE.

I just love the kind of respect the manga/anime treats him with. In any other work, he would be the butt of every joke, but when looking at his world, ONE wants you to see past people's superpowers and at just their sense of justice.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Wittgen posted:

So I just reread the sea king part and noticed that the prophecy about the Earth being in trouble comes immediately after Saitama choosing to take the fall as a cheat to make sure the other heroes got there due. Kind of makes me think that the prophecy is about Saitama. Are there other compelling theories about the prophecy?

I am pretty sure we have seen Saitama punch the ground before and it didn't destroy the Earth.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

It obviously sounds different in a closed room compared to an open environment
:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Characters were actually moving all this time?? :monocle: