Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's like I'm reading a Jackie Chan fight scene. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Yeah that's what's important in that picture

Cake Attack is right. Did a volcano just erupt or something?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatsumaki was just below frame the entire time!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

He rewrote that entire part? :psyduck:

See, Murata knows his poo poo. Sometimes, you just gotta make poo poo up as filler. No standing around while people scream themselves stronger for seven episodes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, seriously?!

Murata..... :negative:

He thought he hosed up after he did it and after looking at the story board he plotted out in elegant gold-flecked calligraphy and said 'Oh no, I haven't left any room for all this exposition and story as it is now. Oh boy, that means I get to draw it from scratch again! :buddy:'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I liked the previous version better compared to this guy's newfound mastery of the Exposition Fist.

He's now doing divergent timelines and both versions will be getting updated, both giving him the ability to draw things more than once and keep all the exposition that needs to be there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Davinci posted:

If Fubuki and Sonic switched clothes no one would be able to tell who is who

I think the lipstick would be a giveaway.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Or worse, a trenchcoat and iconic(?) cap!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

King just felt like playing some Bomberman, is all. Saitama's pissed that he accidentally blew up a kangaroo egg.

tlarn posted:

King forced Saitama to destroy the egg; you can see it in his stonecold face.

Both of them were playing Kirby and Saitama hates himself because he killed a Noddy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jwang posted:

Wait, this show is a serious story about super heroes fighting super threats? That's seriously news to me.

That's okay though, Saitama can fix this serious overdose of seriousness with Serious Series: Serious Humor.

Yes. At times. It's kinda like how The Devil's a Part Timer is about fighting demons in that the best you can say it that it happens on occasion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did I miss the story on where Saitama got his costume? Because man, those gloves survived everything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

On the page where Blast is revealed, it's only a window of your webcam feed.

BLAST WAS YOU

Blast is actually revealed to be Murata redrawing the comic. You'll scroll to one page and in the next he'll look even more impressive like serious Saitama. ONE will incorporate a gif into the series so you can see him rapidly improving the comic in real time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Wasn't there a recent gag chapter just like this?

Can't remember if it was here or the ONE thread. I could've sworn Fubuki challenged Saitama, Genos and King to a contest, contract included and everything and King destroyed every single one of them because they decided on video game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Saitama's reaction speeds are impossibly fast, yet he still loses video games to complete normals. That's how lovely he is at them.

King is the best Hero though, Metal Bat is second.

Saitama is bad at:

Having hair
Crushing mosquitoes
Playing video games

The last one is especially fair though because he has to focus on not crushing the controller while he's playing them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'd say that Genos and Sonic are on a similar level, and that the two count among the weaker or mid-level S-Ranks powers.

Like, Tatsumaki is obviously high tier and Bang can take a hit from a dude who knocked off a A-rank's arm without much damage. The recent chapters show us that Metal Bat can at least fight against a Dragon level threat and he also dominated against 2 Demon-level threats once he got serious.

Meanwhile, Pri-Pri Prisoner and Genos lost against a Demon-level. Though the Deep Sea King is probably a an upper-ranking Demon-level monster.

Pri-Pri Prisoner and Genos were the lowest ranking S-Ranks available at the time after all. I think Genos could've held out longer if he hadn't gotten acided but that's just saying he could've taken him if he didn't lose so that doesn't really help at all. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We've also seen Tank Top Master throwing giant blocks of stone at the ship and those hammerheads level a skyscraper in one punch so that's really all you have to do to really be a Demon level threat. Just run around smashing buildings and highway pillars and you'll rack up a lot of deaths.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Boy that's a lot of ONE version spoilers being posted here, over the past day or two. Not just that translation, people were talking about Zombieman and Sweet Mask and what they do for a while before that, and a bunch of other things I, reading the Murata version, had no idea about until they said them. So that's fun.

You're not reading the Murata version well if Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask is new to you. Normally I'd let it slide without comment since it's hard to keep things in chronological order when the man is constantly redrawing everything but the part where HMSM first appears is literally posted again on this same page.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, actually, I recalled there being a human dude from one of the extra chapters.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Onepunch-Man---022-007----Special-Story?id=248630

And, speaking of Murata redrawing things, did he ever change Garou's hero hit list or add text saying he'd rearrange it since the placement of some heroes differed from panel to panel?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compendium posted:

People have been very bad about posting OPM stuff although I guess it doesn't help that there's three threads.

I say this wouldn't be a problem if people could just give up and read ONE's version and then just happily gobble up Murata's redraw, but I guess that won't happen.

Dear VEGETA, I never thought this would happen to me

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

That's not what I said at all. You're either not reading my post or you're strawmanning me. Either way, I wasn't talking about his existence (he's in the show already even), but what his abilities are; so far all we've seen him do is destroy a monster or two, seemingly with physical strength alone, and people were talking about... Other things.

Lemme grab your post to make sure I get my thoughts in order.

Roland Jones posted:

Boy that's a lot of ONE version spoilers being posted here, over the past day or two. Not just that translation, people were talking about Zombieman and Sweet Mask and what they do for a while before that, and a bunch of other things I, reading the Murata version, had no idea about until they said them. So that's fun.

So, I read this and thought you were talking about Sweet Mask's existence since he was spoilered. Along with Zombieman, in fact since Murata's passed showing off all the S-classes excluding Blast. So yeah, you're right, I misread it. My bad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Wait, what? Metal Bat is only 17? :psyduck: Where was this stated?

One Punch Man wiki

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the prophecy still has yet to come into play if it ever does at this point. She said 'The Earth is in trouble!!!' not the city. So if it gets brought back up I'm expecting it to be something bigger than Boros. Maybe about three more arcs off if these scales from House of Evolution, Sea King, Boros, and Garou are to be believed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saitama's so strong, I bet he could even beat JOHN CENA!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That video makes me feel more confident about my comparison.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

That more a heartbeat of excitement than fear - he gets to play video games... yay!

Finish your sentences. He gets to play video games and help his bro Saitama out at the same time... yay!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did Murata not do the Vegeta vs Saitama sparring match thing?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Pretty sure that was a just a fan thing. It's solid work but sometimes it looks off-model.

Oh wow, I totally thought it was his work too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And More posted:

Jeez, Murata is really just gonna draw season 2 on his own? :stonk:

He's literally going to draw tens of thousands of pages to animate the entire thing on his own.

And then he'll look over them a week later and do them better. Faster.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

Yeah that was it for me, was going the direction of out of character shippy gross poo poo. I wonder how much of that actual poo poo is out there post Tornado's intro in the series.

Also I wonder how many people are treating this show like a straight action series. I've seen people making power level discussions after the kid emperor scanner chapter.

It's not like it's hard to.

Besides that, it's a combat show where people fight in it, obviously people are going to speculate people's strengths. We already had people wondering if Sonic could've taken Sea King before.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

And an actual serious answer to it from the creator too

I know people really like to think that liking this series means you don't like shonen poo poo but guess what it's still shonen poo poo just admit you're crawling in the mud with everyone else

Exactly. It's a manga/anime where people fight each other. Inevitably this means that people are gonna start wondering if X character could beat 'other character' People wanna act like this ain't shonen because the protagonist isn't hot-blooded and full of fighting spirit all the time.

Marcus Garvey posted:

are those some chopsticks

Crain posted:

Dude Macgyvered a fountain pen from a set of disposable chopsticks and some celotape in order to keep drawing after his inking pen broke.

True dedication.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That said, if we get a spinoff about Metal Bat and his hot-blooded fighting spirit I will weep tears of joy.

I thought this was the anime thread and was trying to be coy about it but I'm glad I didn't actually spoil a thing.

Blockhouse posted:

The new episode reminded me of an extra reason for how stupid the idea of Evil Saitama is. His general reaction to Boros going around and killing people because of the same "I AM TOO STRONG" boredom.

Evil Saitama for no reason is dumb but it could really work if instead they worked it as 'Very annoyed Saitama' What Happens When You Make The Strongest Man In The World Miss Special Sale Day? You Don't Want To Find Out!

And in the vein of terrible things, I was watching a stream earlier and the thought 'Man, what if Metal Bat was in Kingdom Hearts 3' happened.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'll turn out that Metal Bat's sister has powers like Tatsumaki and Fubuki only her's is healing through her voice.

This gives Metal Bat the strength to fight again, letting him strike a home run on Garou and finally finish the job with Elder Centipede.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Nah dude, it's his little sister. A delinquent's older sister is always stronger than him and probably runs a motorcycle gang or something, but his younger sister must always be protected.

He's only an hour older. :getin:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brightman posted:

She looks just like him but with a bow on her pompadour.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I would die if Metal Bat's sister is a female twin with a wooden bat instead or something, but I'd be equally mad that she's not an S ranker just like him.

These are both great speculations and I'm so hyped to see the reveal.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

she's not an s-rank

she's just a hero for fun :getin:

Unlike Tatsumaki, when she kills a monster, it's not nearly as clean. So she refuses to be an actual hero because it's too much of a pain to deal with being drenched in monster blood when you're trying to get to class. Between her and her brother's hero work, there's more than enough blood for the household to deal with.

Also she's got a 17:25 win/loss against her brother for arm wrestling.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know what purpose these things serve but they're hilarious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We know Garou doesn't get killed. We don't know if he wins this fight or not. There's nothing stopping Metal Bat from winning but being unable to land the final blow. Garou comes to, sees Metal Bat passed out and calls it a draw and moves on to fight the next hero on his list. Or run into one again that isn't Saitama.

It's filler in the sense that it's filling in blanks of how Garou got so powerful like the end of the arc.

edit: typo

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 16, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You know what's interesting about that comment? If people didn't loving insist on bringing it up, you wouldn't know this was "filler". Don't get hung up on where it came from and enjoy the ride.

No but it's not moving the plot along, just beat up Garou and move on already, I don't really care about any of the other non Saitama characters. Who gives a poo poo about a guy who's power is 'Hits things with a bat really really hard'?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Murata is easily one of the most talented artists there is. Every chapter is like a blessing from the god of manga.

No but if it's not moving the plot along I may as well be reading cad

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

It amazes me how many people like this franchise and simultaneously just don't get it

Hello, this is a joke, because people keep calling it filler as if that makes the content worse!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Then go loving read cad.

Hello, this is a joke because people call the content filler and this somehow makes it bad by association with the word!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Jokes are supposed to be funny, dude.

If you've ever watched a bad movie such as The Room, Birdemic, or Pixels, you'd know that jokes can and often do, fail.

Baal posted:

I would also hope said jokes would also be unique and different and not the same joke repeated three times. We get it dude, you think people who don't like the new stuff are wrong.

I don't believe you. I think after I've badly made the joke four more times I'll be convinced.