Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

I do wonder how far Saitama got technique wise before realizing doing anything more beyond a simple punch is just a waste of time.

I guess it depends on how you define a technique. He was bouncing all around one of Jupiter's moons and phasing through space time portals but was still just punching space Garou in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

What fascinating detail work.

And here I was thinking that since we're talking to Dr. Genus; man who has cloned himself about 80 times, I thought the answer was simply cloning.

:same: especially since he's apparently doing just that for individual parts of her, lest she get hangry too fast:

https://i.imgur.com/Tdad2WF.png

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

skaianDestiny posted:

There was also that independent picture Murata drew of her like yeeeaaars back of her having cooking prosthetics.

I didn't check the date on that tweet, was wondering why there was such a discrepancy between that and the relative intact-ness she's depicted with here. I guess that was just a funny what-if thing and eventually he was like 'yeah, what if? Also monster TnA'.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Her arms and legs in this chapter are still very clearly prosthetics. Just sci-fi "advanced robotic limbs" prosthetics, instead of the relatively realistic prosthetics in the Twitter drawing. I guess the takoyaki business is booming. :v:

Having a hot Fly Girl out front drives a lot of foot traffic. In Living Color knew it:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
GOLDEN STORM!!!

*colors page blue*

I am a fan of them rock-paper-scissoring the different enemies together and having them come up like the VS screen in a fighting game.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Can't decide if it would be funnier or not to have him begin proper training and actually end up with some world-ending super power that justifies his reputation...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Star Platinum posted:

Some really good comedic timing going on in this series of still images

OPM is the only manga that can consistently get me to actually laugh out loud just by doing setup > punchline gags over and over, but really well. It's like one of the best panel layout guys in the industry teamed up with a top tier technical artist or something :confused:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's still trying to beat King by using giant 'OP' characters and just spamming low kick :doh:

e:

Anime Directly to Readers Worldwide › Onepunch-Man - Ah poo poo. Here we go.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 5, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I can see this animated: the bombastic music comes up and everyone is drawn Super Serious Style, Flashy strides out the door with Saitama in tow and then *click* slams to One-style as he shuts the door.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Page 116: Can't fool me those are Saitama eyes.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Computer, show me the idealized One Punch panel.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfLenin posted:

it would be incredibly funny if they are one of the stronger ones for no clear reason

Given how the shiny chibibots are apparently world-enders, it would track.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

He's holding his own against one of the better S class. I'd say he's probably on par with Genos, too.

You'll never convince me this isn't canon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niXMKRey9Yg

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Terror Sweat posted:

A bunch of malevolent one punch mans

Chibi little one punch guys :swoon:

Although that panel of one terminator walking across the surface of an ocean of demon blood was pretty :black101:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Not sure at which point Murata was watching Gurren Lagann when he decided he was going to animate his own series with Yoko as the boar from Journey to the West

She's a kangaroo and speaks with an Australian accent. I will not be answering further questions.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Goffer posted:

Isn't that just God, pretending to be Sonic? They'd be in their own temptation sessions.

Edit: god appeared to Garou disguised as Bang.

And to Tatsumaki disguised as Blast.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

I never got into it like all my nakama did.

Flashing back to the full-screen explanation the popular One Piece subbers put up when they decided to stop translating it as friend/comrade/whatever :stonk:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FooF posted:

Blast is such a weird character now. He feels like Saitama-lite but we still don't really what he's capable of. He also appears at the oddest times and disappears when you expect him the most.

I like how One hid his appearance for like 100 chapters, so you're sitting there guessing what insane design he's going to be or if he's going to go the other way and have him be a King/Saitama regular guy who just happens to top the S class, then he finally shows up and nope he's the most generic back-of-my-notebook superhero design in the entire series :lmao:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

King is no ordinary guy.

Neither is Saitama, but they both appear to be regular human schlubs, compared to walking anime tropes like Bang or Tatsumaki, or obvious genetic freaks like Pig God or Watchdog. I guess Sweet Mask might count for 'regular looking' too.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

there clearly wasn't enough horny or King in these chapters.

"OR" :raise:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

Have any of the redraws ever been more well-received than the originals?

I think the Sea King punch is a lot more detailed in its redraw, I'd have to hunt them both up again to see if one is actually 'better' though. I did notice the ninja fights did seem more on the level of Regular Manga rather than insane-drawing-machine Murata levels. Don't know if it's going to be worth redrawing the whole thing, but he claims it's also going to change the storyline significantly so :shrug:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Devils Affricate posted:

How do they handle the redraws when they later sell the manga in volumes? Do they just pretend they never existed, or are they included as little bonus sections at the back of the book?

The print volumes don't include the insane 360 stop motion camera swing when Sonic is bouncing around Saitama in the forest in like chapter 5 so they will forever be inferior to the web version.

Comedy option: They should release a new version of volumes whenever something in them is redrawn, you'll have to check a patch notes file on github to know if you're on the latest release or if you need to rebuy :capitalism:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is part of the joke that the first 2 images alone are near 100MB :sweatdrop: I guess people running dual 4k monitors need wallpapers too.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That's even bigger !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbn-tuYcScI

e:
Also :lol: at Sonic putting a return address to his secret :ninja: base hideout on his challenge letter.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

syntaxfunction posted:

I love that Murata appreciates twinks as much as he appreciates attractive ladies. Really feel the solidarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqcQeLJAX4k&t=81s