Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dr Pepper posted:

I just did my first fusion.

Got to pick exactly what abilities my Persona got.

GOTY.

It's not GOTY unless they made Naoto viable.

Did...did they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I knew that the Ai and Naoto S. Links can be reversed so I looked up what I had to do to avoid it; I never knew Ai's could be broken completely so that you can't finish it for the rest of the game. Man why are Moon Arcana always the most annoying.

I thought you could fix broken S Links?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You guys were not kidding about Naoto's quest reward costume. Wow.

Can it really be worse than Persona 3's "Battle Panties"?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Snix posted:

Honestly, the difficulty of P4G, on normal anyways, feels like it's a lot easier than the original, on normal anyways.

I've only beaten the first real boss, but I honestly thought she was harder than the original game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kortel posted:

My biggest complaint about this game is Chie's replacement voice actor is absolutely horrid. Otherwise loving the game all over again.

Are you people psychologically blocking out how terrible her original voice actress was, both in her inability to characterize believably or have any voice acting talent or what? :confused:

I am completely unsurprised the original got out of voice acting work.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fair enough I guess.

I just recall people's venomous hatred of Chie back in 2008 when the game was new, maybe people have just warmed on her in the interim.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Grimace posted:

I like both voices. I don't think they're bad. Dave Wittenberg is my favorite Teddie, but I'm biased because I love Dave Wittenberg. Sam Riegel does a good job.

I honestly cannot -really- tell the difference between Riegal and Wittenberg's Teddies. If you had told me his voice actor was different a couple weeks ago I'd call you a loving liar.

Also who was NewChie in VLR? Because no bells are being rung here...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Radish posted:

FES came out in Japan before regular Persona 3 was released in North America and then they put out FES in English something like five months after. Of course idiots like me bought Persona 3 four times so I will fall for their traps at every opportunity.

Holy poo poo, it was really only 5-ish months after?

No wonder I couldn't finish FES, I had already done everything relatively recently!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In NG+ you lose your inventory but the registered spell cards stay with Marie, your persona compendium is still there, and Daidara keeps the same selection of items you unlocked. You carry over your Yen too so you can buy back some of it. It is a problem if you've only been using found items all game and using up your skillcards instead of giving them to Marie.

Does Yu's level still carry over?

I was never a fan of that, having options to trivialize or not is always better to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Costumes don't carry over into NG+, then?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait, what's wrong with the music club again?

I don't recall anything off in the PS2 version, but then again I probably didn't advance the S Link very far back then...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh god, do you have to do that Rise Trophy on one playthough?

That sounds like some Super Smash Bros level of bullshit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Grimace posted:

How're you guys screencapping on the Vita? That looks like it would be a very helpful tool.

Hold the PS Button and the Start button at the same time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The GIG posted:

To be fair this sounds like something the anime Narukami would do just to gently caress with other people.

Having never seen the anime, what is his canon personality then?

A "jokester"?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yes, though with some caveats. Chie and Teddie are Erin Fitzgerald and Sam Riegal, as in Golden. Naoto is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn for some reason.

Is it even fully dubbed yet?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

PureRok posted:

Yea. I completed P4 on PS2 several times and I bought a Vita specifically for P4:G. Now I have all of the Persona games on it. :allears:

I see no Eternal Punishment sir :colbert:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sankis posted:

In other news, I just started playing P3 FES and the lack of square quick travel is awful.

Yeah, but it's in P3P I think!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pyros posted:

It looks like they were set to record in September, and he had a 3 week honeymoon during that time, so Matthew Mercer was hired.

...Well. I absolutely hated him as Edge in Star Ocean 4 but maybe he's gotten better.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rasamune posted:

I don't know what it is, but ever since I unlocked the human form costumes for Teddie, I can hardly ever bring myself to put him in anything else.

On the flipside, I WANT to do this but I can't. Because it's obvious from the animations it was never intended and I guess they didn't make new ones.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 22, 2012

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This one's certainly the only one that stands out in my list.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Can't you switch difficulty at will in Golden?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

AG3 posted:

That Elizabeth was Laura Bailey (Rise)

I'm pretty sure she's not, actually. I think Laura Bailey voiced somebody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

epenthesis posted:

Persona 3: The Answer = Persona 3 without the fun parts.

FES is still by far my favorite way to experience the game though. The female route is awesome, and I like party control, but it's not worth the lack of animated cutscenes.

Not worth the lack of sticking your hands in your pockets and walking all over the place like a badass.

• Locked thread