Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Spiffster posted:

Yoshi ... definite gems.
Yoshi is almost certainly the worst first-party NES game ever released. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. :colbert:

but hey it's 30 cents so whatever i'll probably get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Japanese Club Nintendo Code:
WUPA RSWA 03R7 Y25S 3B9I

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Duplicate Club Nintendo code:

E6R-G2NT-VKSC-ZVZ

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Augus posted:

Why the hell does the US not get Yoshi until October? This is bullshit!

Look at it this way, Europe gets to be the guinea pig and gets to be the first to find out wether or not this is Another Disappointing Yoshi Game. At least that's the way I'm looking at it!

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
And here I was about to post about how Puyo Tsu from that list would never come out.

One of the greatest puzzle games ever; I'm a happy camper.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

n3ds downloads faster from the internet, and the bootup seems to basically download every single badge every time you turn it on, so that's probably it.

I'm pretty sure that it loads all new badges added to the game as the Japanese version takes forever (I'm talking 3+ minutes) to load if you go a long time without playing.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
In case you needed another reason to check out SmileBasic while it's on sale, the developers just published the results of their latest programming contest, complete with download codes. That's a lot of game for five dollars, not even to speak of what you can do on your own, or things that didn't make it or weren't submitted to the contest. They're probably going to do at least one more jam like this once the cross-compatible WiiU version comes out. Jump on it!

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Medium Cool posted:

Just dropping in to say Zelda picross rules.

The stylus control scheme is infuriating, though. Once you press up on the D-pad, it locks you into the box placing mode, and then to get out of it to place exes you have to press up to exit boxes mode and then press down to enter exes mode. It is the worst and I am dying.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

elf help book posted:

You don't have to leave box mode to enter cross mode. You can hold your thumb on the circle pad and just shift up and down.

I must be doing something wrong because it's not like the e-series or Pokemon where you have to hold the D-pad's direction in order to place anything which is a good design, IMO

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
The easiest thing to do is just get a multi-USB charger for whatever region you're traveling to and a USB to DS cable. That way you can charge your phone, DS, and other devices with just one outlet, and have handy cables for when you return.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Not a Children posted:

I vaguely remember enjoying a few of the G&W Gallery games, anyone know if 4 is worthwhile?

Probably the most worthwhile of the bunch; you can play the games you unlock in the museum so it has a good amount of G&W games, like at least 20 if I remember correctly.

But it's not mobile so there's that?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Echo Chamber posted:

You know what I want in addition to everything else that people here already posted? The entire Nintendo Tetris backlog. Nintendo clearly has some agreement in place with The Tetris Company, since the original Game Boy Tetris is on the 3DS VC eshop. There's even no eshop release of the beloved Tetris DS and The New Tetris. I also want to play all the weird spinoffs (and non-Tetris games) that Nintendo published under the Tetris name. That includes Tetris Attack, Tetris 2, Tetrisphere.

Screw EA and Ubisoft.

Heck, I hope the Switch will just fully support an online HD version of Tetris, Puzzle League, Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods, Kirby Star Stacker etc. very soon after launch. C'mon. Give Tetris autists something. (This will not happen. But I can dream... of blocks.)

I also want some release of Hatris, which I played a lot on Game Boy, but was also on other platforms. But I have no clue where the rights are for that.

This is the opposite, EA currently holds the NA license, to the exclusion of all others. Hence why Tetris GB and Tetris Axis were pulled from the digital shop. They wouldn't even allow Puyo Puyo Tetris to be released digitally on PS systems since it's region free and would allow westerners to easily play non-EA Tetris.

It's the worst and you can join us in our misery in the Action-Puzzle Game Thread.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Fancy Hat! posted:

So this week the big (and only) Switch Release is Blaster Master, right?

Voez comes out in NA this week, a week later than other regions. If you like rhythm games it's worth a peek; the F2P version is available on smartphones.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
ON THA GWEEN!

Neo Turf Masters is a Good Game that you should buy for your Nintendo Switch.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Looks like Puzzled (Joy Joy Kid) is our NeoGeo drop for this week (at least in Japan). Something of a Tetris clone where you have to release a balloon from the bottom of the screen. Check it out.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
PSA for anyone considering Soldam:

The Japanese version costs less than half the NA one when taking the exchange rate into account. If you're not afraid of a few moon runes, give it a thought.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Oh hey Arcade Archives: Punch Out!! is on the eShop for NA now, possibly Europe.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Neo Atlas looks cool but definitely not $50 cool.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I am banging the table in a rhythm and repeating the phrase “Sky Skipper” over and over and they are throwing me out of this Carl’s Jr. now.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Where the gently caress is Arcade Archives: Sky Skipper, Nintendo?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Looks like it was up on the Japanese eShop but got pulled. Hopefully it’s a minor thing and we get it soon!

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Tempura Wizard posted:

Looks like it was up on the Japanese eShop but got pulled. Hopefully it’s a minor thing and we get it soon!

Restart Steam, it’s out!

I’m ready to play this (probably bad) lost Nintendo game.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Fawf posted:

Hamster you're making some powerful enemies by announcing Puzzle Bobble 2 back in September and refusing to pull the trigger each week

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Arcade Archives Neogeo: Puzzle Bobble is confirmed due on the 20th, per Hamster.

Our long communal waking nightmare is nearly over.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Looks like we’re also getting Arcade Archives: Donkey Kong Jr. on the 21st, if this Japanese page is any indication.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
It’s here! (On the Japanese eShop)
https://twitter.com/fragranthills/status/1075794718150123520?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

bushisms.txt posted:

That dkjr icon is great. Hope the us one is the same.

These should be the US icons; any downloads from the Japanese eShop that have multi-language support just default to the image corresponding to the region of the primary account on the console, even if that game is not officially out yet.