Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lizzyinthesky posted:

Beating my face against screen repeatedly. 13 cents shy of Aeroporter in my wallet. Just about ready to return this thing to the store just based on sheer Nintendo incompetence. No I do not want to spend $10 to get 13 cents more in my wallet.

If you go to buy it it'll have a button that says "Add Remainder" or something like that that lets you just add what you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Excellent, now I can continue my quest to have all the Wario Land games on my 3DS. I think 2 is the only one I've still never played. Hope it's a bit more complex than the first one.

Wario Land 2 is the best Wario Land.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

3 is pretty much a beefed up 2, the bosses still knock you out of their arena as opposed to hurting you Except for the Final Boss, which is also the only way to get a Game Over, however unlike 2 where you are as strong as you'll ever be right from the start, WL3 decides to strip you down to being able to do the weakest possible charge attack, giving yourself the ability to throw enemies, swim, a stronger charge attack and the ground pound later on. Its also more focused on back-tracking to older levels to get more treasure, of which there are 4 in each level (Collection of a treasure also ends the level), some of which are just for show, others give you a means to progress forward. I'd say its like Metroid if it was Level-based and Samus was a greedy gently caress who couldn't die. That being said, other than the annoying at times bosses, the game does like to gently caress you over with the status inflictions sometimes, and has a habit of foregoing puzzles (Since 3 is a Puzzle platformer, for the most part.) for a moderately annoying Golf Mini-game where you have to knock Kiiby into a whole under par, fail and you have to try again at the loss of 10 coins. Speaking of coins, those take a backseat in this game, they only come out of blocks and enemies, and are not lying about in the open. There's also a Day/Night system, certain treasures can only be obtained in one time of day, the enemies are different too, you'll see Zombies at night, for example, and the Donut chef in the day.

Its by far a different beast than the rest of the series, but its by no means bad.

All of these are reasons why Wario Land 3 sucks. You start off gimped (the treasures unlock powers thing would have been really cool if they, you know, gave you new things instead of locking away what you could already do) and if you want to get everything you have to play through the same handful of boring levels a minimum of 4 times (more if you went in at the wrong time!) and ughhh god gently caress Wario Land 3. What a big boring step backwards.

4's cool though. Shake It not so much. Not as bad as 3 though. gently caress 3.

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 22, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

BiggerJ posted:

Reggie Fils-Aime said that the Virtual Boy is the only Nintendo system he is unfamiliar with. Probably the only way inform him about it is to make one into a helmet and slam one onto his head at a public appearance. Which, while being good for the system's publicity, would also look really loving cool, like something from a sci-fi film.

Be careful what you wish for.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Edoraz posted:

Looks like some horrible mind washing device.

:getin:

I prefer mind quenching

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Obeast posted:

Is Birds and Beans any good? I was thinking it was shovelware going by the title, but upon further research, it seems like a pretty decent arcadey downloadable game.

Pyoro and Pyoro 2 are fun as hell, great pick up and play games. I recommend it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I am down for more Mighty Switch Force. I will buy and play Mighty Switch Force: Now You Are A Firefighter.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That 3DS system update seems to be giving a not-insignificant subset of people trouble leading to an error code and the loss of ability to access both the eShop itself and System Settings. Beware.

Oh hey this literally just happened to me isn't that real fuckin neat

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Looks like you started using Stars halfway through the list.

Anyway, how many times has Urban Champion been put up now? 6 Times or something? Its getting old.

And Kirby's Pinball Land, if you like Pinball consider it, but otherwise don't unless you absolutely need to own every Kirby game. Its an alright game but its certainly something you should try out before buying it.

Also, despite having "Kirby" in the title, Kirby's Pinball Land is stupidly loving hard. I've had that game for as long as I can remember and I'll probably never beat it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tokyo Crash Mobs - $4.99

Welp, now I gotta.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Seasons was a cool game but Ages isn't very good.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Anyone who's saying the Oracle games are the best 2D Zeldas must have not played Link to the Past or Link's Awakening anytime recently. Or haven't played through Ages recently to remember what a boring slog that game is. Or are crazy. Or are a combination of any of these.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Magossa posted:

So I recently got Super Mario World on the VC, and holy spit I do not understand why so many people like that game. The controls are sooooo bad. Is it something I'm suppose to get use to? Is everyone use to it because they played it in their youth? Right now I feel like people only like it for nostalgic reasons. It might just be me sucking at trying to control floaty rear end Mario since I'm so use to the New series. Should I even bother with Super Mario 2?

How is life in bizarro world treating you

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Yoshi's awful garbage but Spelunker owns, you dummies. :colbert:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Pyrovile posted:

I maintain that all the Sonic Gamegear games are terrible games.

Triple Trouble's alright :smith:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The only decent Game Gear Sonic is Triple Trouble, get that.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

If I remember correctly BSNES had all the Super Game Boy stuff properly emulated but it was pretty resource intensive.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I can't wait to download this, make a hello world program, scan some qr codes and then do nothing with it because all the (nearly non-existent) documentation is terrible.

That isn't sarcasm, I actually can't wait and will buy this day one.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Wario Land 3 Is The Worst.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

FredMSloniker posted:

Two, if I get Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, is there an order you'd recommend playing them in? I know that, for instance, Resident Evil 2 gave different experiences on its two possible route orders, and some would argue one of them is more satisfying than the other.

Play Seasons then ask for a refund on Ages

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fancy Hat! posted:

Is this for both versions again?

Yes. Monster Hunter owns grab it y'all~

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Man if they actually put Game Boy Camera on the Virtual Console I'd be all over it. There's emulators around now that can use a webcam to do it it's not impossible!
says the man with the game boy camera avatar

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

Is Space Harrier cool?

It is the coolest.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Strictly true can now mean loosely strictly true. Perfect. It's a sad day when words no longer mean what they mean. R.I.P. English

People who are pedantic about how people use the word "literally" are "literally" the worst

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Oh my god you are still trying to annoy me for not liking Donkey Kong Country Wii

Hahaha what? What does that have to do with anything?

(also you do realize the irony in getting upset that i remembered your weird donkey kong posts and then remembering my one post about your posts right)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

That's not ironic.

I'm taking the bait! You can't stop me!

No don't take the bait it wasn't meant for you! Come back!!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Awesome! posted:

Holy poo poo 3D Galaxy Force 2 might be the coolest game on my 3ds. The moving cabinet and sounds are such a great touch.

Goddamn it Sega. I was originally only going to get Shinobi and maybe sonic and somehow I've ended up with those plus GF2, Ecco and Streets of Rage. They are all so drat good.

Dude come on. Space Harrier, man. Come on. Come on.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

You download and install every single Steam game you purchase right after you purchase it?

I do.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gargoyle%27s+quest+ii

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Seriously caring about the Club Nintendo coin to dollar value only makes sense if you're specifically buying video games in order to get more coins, and in that case you don't make sense don't that you big idiot. They're just dumb free things you get for buying what you normally would have bought it's not an $800 Yoshi t-shirt unless you actually bought $800 worth of video games you wouldn't have otherwise specifically to get a Yoshi t-shirt and if you did god help you.

And yeah comparing it to PS+ makes zero sense. They're not even remotely trying to be the same thing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Momomo posted:

The unbelievable part of this is that Boktai fans exist.

Boktai is loving awesome step back pasty

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is awesome and I think it's funny I just got done reading the Playstation Deals thread where StevenM was having a similarly autistic hissyfit about people liking Spec Ops and I guess he did the same thing for The Last of Us judging by that other post? Seems like this is one tough motherfucker you do NOT want to enjoy certain video games around

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah, baseball is just a loose wrapper around fun minigames and helping a very depressed dog be less of a garbage pile.

It's not even microtransactions in the normal sense really, it's not like "buy 500 Baseball Coins (BEST VALUE!) and spend them with Rusty to play games, buy more when you run out!" or "you are very tired from playing baseball! wait 24 hours ~OR~ spend five bucks to keep playing!". It's a very cohesive package of minigames with a really weird story that's pay as you go. People just see not paying up front and have a reactionary freakout and dismiss it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

SNES Street Fighter Alpha 2 is really neat from a technical standpoint and that they managed to get as much of it in there as they did but it is absolutely not a good version to actually play.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ConanThe3rd posted:

Watch me. Atlus might have Megaten but they're not the only game in town for games like that and besides L5's horrendous blunder with Inazuma Eleven they do make decent time of about one to six months if even that.

Honestly if this is how every non NIS/Koei released Atlus game is going to be released (and it really seems like that between this and P4A) then they can forget it and save me the trouble of caring.

Ahahaha I knew I recognized that name from somewhere, you're that huge weirdo that had that giant freakout over Inazuma Eleven in the main 3DS thread.

Keep on keepin' on, overreacting weirdo :allears:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Bad, easily the worst Wayforward game since Ping Pals. How the hell do you you screw up Gauntlet, of all things?

Oh man, Ping Pals. That's a game I completely forgot about.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Hopefully they're able to fix Ufouria's music this time around.

Judging by the eShop trailer they didn't. I doubt it'll be any different but can anyone who actually grabbed the game confirm either way?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

^^^ e: i saw you :ninja: ^^^

Also that Mario Golf stuff. It's been happening.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Davincie posted:

Why would they take so long in between releasing each DLC? Aren't people just going to lose interest in that time

If there's one thing Mario Kart games don't do it's sell forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

On the other hand, if you like score attack games