Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Klaus Kinski posted:

Here's a club nintendo code that came with mk8, it's useless to me in sweden as far as I know: IA5D3KAMSTMVZG21 <- reverse this.

Grabbed this, cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm left-handed and found playing MP Trilogy easy enough. It's not like you have to be super precise with aiming, most enemies are big enough that if you shoot in the general area of where you wanted to shoot you're probably gonna hit them.

Kid Icarus Uprising on the other hand fucks me up now and forever to the point I had to use XABY for aiming rather than the stylus.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

your evil twin posted:

Any Europeans ever see anything cool on Club Nintendo?

They used to have replicas of the Mario Kart trophies, I managed to snag one of those.

Got that Shell Cup sitting on my desk at home. Otherwise most of my stars went on Wii points back when the Wii was the newest console.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I gave it a try, but no luck I'm afraid. Appreciate the effort though!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've been playing the new stages. Milotic is mercilessly hard. Generally there's been a big difficulty spike all over.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
It's out in the UK too.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
To talk about something that isn't this poo poo:

Any of the games in the Nindies Love You sale worth a drat? I'm in Europe.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mario Party 2 is also on the Wii VC. Hoping it gets ported to the Wii U one because I've only got one classic controller and the drat Gamepad doesn't work in Wii mode.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My UK 3ds managed to charge just fine in Canada so I don't see why it wouldn't

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
So the "Just For You" discounts on My Nintendo - do they only apply to digital downloads? The description states "Receive a 40% Just for You offer on the purchase of this software from Nintendo eShop or the official Nintendo website." The part I've bolded makes me hope you could buy the disc from the official store, unless it's specifically referring to the download version. I'm a caveman living in the past that still prefers physical games.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yessss Mario Party 2 jumping over from the Wii. Literally the only reason I was considering getting another classic controller

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

I meant to ask this earlier, but since it's come up again, are there any wii eshop games that are worth getting.
I've been thinking about getting the Castlevania, Contra and Gradius games by M2.

Anything else unique to the shops that are really good or great?

FAST Racing League would have been my recommendation but now that the sequel is out get that instead.

Fluidity/Hydroventure is really good, platformer in which you control water. Does a lot of clever things with the water physics and is set within a book that you travel between the pages of.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Aw yyeahhhhh this Humble Bundle works for me. Only thing on it I already own is Retro City Rampage (well, also SSFIV but on the 360), and I had been eyeing up Freedom Planet anyway.

Runbow's on sale in Europe until Thursday and now I'm unsure whether I should nab it before the sale ends or hold out in the hope it might get added to the Bundle next week. Anyone think that's likely? Or is it maybe too new to end up in a Bundle? All these games are a bit older, I think

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If you're on Gmail, for me the second email linking to the codes ended up in the Promotions tab.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If anybody has old Wii VC games they haven't upgraded to the Wii U VC versions yet, My Nintendo is a good motivation. Even though they are heavily discounted to a small upgrade fee, the shop treats it like you're buying them full price. Getting mad coins from rebuying all my SNES VC

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

Humble Nintendo Bundle updated with Runbow

Thank gently caress I held off on buying it!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Runbow is pretty much made for multiplayer though. Only done 2 player so far but even that was fun.

Speaking of multi if any goons have it let's play!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If you already enjoy playing Bomberman games in single-player then 94's will do the job fine.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

jivjov posted:

Glad someone else gets it.

loving lol that you think this is a legitimate point. what is the possible reason for the delay? how much dialogue does rhythm loving heaven have to translate? they're not gonna make each song region-friendly.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Meldonox posted:

I'm guessing not PAD since you can get it for free on your phone.

Isn't phone PAD really heavy with microtransactions? The 3DS one isn't. Doesn't make it a great game by any means but if you want the PAD experience without having to gradually bleed money then it's the way to go.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I think all the Curve games on sale have been well-received, with the complaint for quite a few being they're too short, but when you're paying like 80p that's less of a problem.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Absolutely swimming in Gold Coins after buying a bunch of Curve Digital poo poo for 80p. Shame the only games I can outright buy with coins that I don't have already are Pilotwings and Super Punch-Out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

JetpackHowwy posted:

Another question about Nintendo gold coins. I understand they can still be earned even if a game is discounted, but the original is above at least 5 dollars. Does this count for vc games that are discounted because they were original Wii vc purchases?

Yes. I had a ton of VC purchases on the original Wii, and I haven't upgraded them to Wii U yet but I've definitely gotten all the necessary coins for the few that I have. I think NES poo poo is just under the threshold but all the rest will coin you up.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Meanwhile I adore the Wii one and got pretty invested in the fairly limited competitive community. Fuckin competitive online Mario football. Good. A shame the online is no longer there

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Easily saved five goal super-shots using motion controls that work, come on. Not all waggle is instantly unresponsive. Once you got into high end play (ugh) you'd barely use the captain Mega anyway because anyone worth a drat can catch them all. It was all about warping Boo into the goal or Toad-jumping over the goalies head.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I thought I liked long games and then I played Project X Zone

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
DSi stuff will continue to be accessible on the 3ds store, correct? It's just the DSi shop that is going down?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
That's, uh, kind of the point. "Higher jumps and no traction" is Luigi's thing.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I noticed it last night when trying to buy Steamworld Heist. Assumed it was my Internet crashing out or something

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Retro City Rampage DX should be cheaper but then that seems to be the case with a lot of Switch indie ports. I bought it once when it was discounted. I then got it again in a Humble Bundle so I gifted that to my partner. I then bought a mystery box at a con which contained the game on disc in a mock NES box. I mean it's fun but I didn't want it 3 times and if they're that keen to give it out then why so expensive?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Did jivjov just get his pedantic poo poo refuted by a Reggie quote?

Although of course end-of-life does not actually mean dead, I think you'll find, etc.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah it is sad.

What I am curious about is Mario Maker since it's the only thing not getting completely obliterated. They said you can share levels but no longer comment on them? Would the old comments still exist? I've had a moronic idea for a quiz level that I've never botheted making but it needs comments to work

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
You can cheese it using the home button I think. There's a "scribble on the screen of the game" function on the home menu? Plan your moves in advance then charge in

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Some of these sales are stingy as gently caress

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
These days isn't that just bundled with the main game?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Exactly how fat are these dragons?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

tensai posted:

I got it for cheap on the ps4. It was a sorta alright story, but I hated playing it.

Good to see you're still rocking that Girls Garden avatar

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Is it "Nicalis are better now" or "Nicalis are on consoles that are more friendly to post - release patches"? Not being an rear end just curious. The main games I recall them getting poo poo for were Cave Story and La-Mulana, both of which were on the Wii

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Given that it is bullet hell should it only be played with gamers or is it forgiving enough for chill gaming with casuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I had 500 left. I bought Tomena Sanner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cJ02vxbazA