Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Is there an expiration date for the codes you get from buying games with Club Nintendo coins? I don't have a 3DS but I will one day and wouldn't mind having Kid Icarus to play then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Rhythm Thief appears to be $20 on the NA eShop now.

I'm away from my 3DS. Is this is a sale or a permanent price drop?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

I got a soft spot for Revenge of the Gator, as it's probably the first pinball video game I played. It's pretty fun and cute.

It also has the best title screen.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kirby is the perennial go-to for that sort of thing, but the only Kirby games on the eShop are the NES/Game Boy versions, so they might be a little outdated.

I think I was 4 or so when I beat Kirby's Dreamland, it's easy and short enough that it might be worth a shot.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Edit: And his theme song goes beast mode for the occasion

that's the wrong video

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's weird that Wii NA had TG16 but Wii U NA doesn't

And Genesis/Megadrive, and third party games on NES/SNES that aren't Capcom or Konami. Granted those aren't entirely up to Nintendo but they should really be making a better effort to get a hold of that stuff because as it is the VC catalog is pretty poor.

Basically I just want to play Sky Kid and Bubble Bobble without booting into Wii mode.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Where the gently caress are my Kirby 3DS themes Nintendo everyone else has had them for weeks come the gently caress ON

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's interesting because it once again shoots holes in people's theories about the whole DK/Rare copyright situation. Wonder if Diddy Kong Racing will show up.

Probably not since that's an especially weird case since it has Banjo and Conker, but we'll probably see the DS remake that didn't look any good.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

They've localized Mother 1 back in the NES days, it's leaked under the name of "Earthbound Zero" a long time ago. It's probably just that.

C'mon Starfox 2 :getin:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Davedave24 posted:

Lovely Planet is super great but requires such precision I really wouldn't want to play it with a controller

Was about to post the same thing, I normally prefer to play shooters with a controller but I didn't get very far at all before the game became too twitchy for me to keep up with even with mouse+keyboard.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

where the wii games at nintendo

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

gonna be pissed if NA doesn't get Xeno on eshop, not sure why EU got it first when they've literally had it before anyone else in the first place

NA got Kirby's Return to Dream Land 5 months after everyone else and it was the first Wii game we got since January, if you are holding your breath each week for news on Wii VC updates you will drive yourself insane.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Senran Kagura Burst is on sale in NA for $20 until 9/15, get your titty ninja on

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I don't spill :colbert:

I'm going to assume you're European and have never used ice in anything

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Saturn Bomberman was real good

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's me, I'm the one who would buy Sonic Spinball 3D.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Holy poo poo, talk about an obscure blast from the past. Glad to see it!

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Morter posted:

Do you mean Bowser in Mario Kart? Or is there something else i'm missing.

#WiggerWednesday

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

That's a pretty good list but it has Other M so burn it all down

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Posting about your own post count is cheating

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

That looks great but I'm waiting to hear what music they chose, the Genesis music was different between regions and having the Sega CD bootup music was what sealed the deal that time.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Wish they would have put up the Halloween theme more than 2 days before Halloween

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Morter posted:

drat it. Went to check out Etrian Mystery Dungeon, mistakenly thinking the sale ended the 4th not the 2nd. It's for the best, I guess :(

It's an Atlas game just wait a week.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Just to remind people, Best Buy is going to be discounting eShop cards over the weekend, too.

Unlikely but I don't suppose they'll on sale online as a code?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

That may be true for traditional Kirby games but both of these games are "barely-related spinoff with Kirby slapped on" games, so you can't really categorise them in that way.

"Barely-related spinoff with Kirby slapped on" describes about every other Kirby release

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Give me Bubble Bobble you fuckers

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

Square-Enix owns Taito. Have any Taito games even shown up on any Virtual Console?

These are all the S-E VC games currently available for Wii U/3DS in Japan:

WII U:
Final Fantasy 1/2/3/4/5/6/USA (NES, SNES)
Final Fantasy Advance 1&2/6
Secret of Mana
Romancing Saga 1/2/3
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Live-A-Live
Treasure of the Rudras
Bahamut Lagoon
Hanjuku Hero
Bubble Bobble
Elevator Action
Legend of Kage

3DS
Final Fantasy 1/2/3
Hanjuku Hero
Bubble Bobble
Elevator Action
Legend of Kage
Chack 'n Pop
Front Line

Some of these made it to the US Wii VC and that's it, I believe Square is withholding them deliberately to antagonize me

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I remember Bubble Bobble Wiiware being pretty good.

I should give that one another shot, the bit I played seemed good or at least better than its contemporaries on the DS (which is faint loving praise let me tell you)

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

My birthday's this month so I'll be pleased as punch if I can get access to my special discounts before I have to wait a year.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh no no, this is for Nintendo Account, for discounts you want My Nintendo which launches next month.

god

fuckin

drat

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I'm in the regrettable camp that will still play most Sonic games and give them a fair shot and I though Lost World loving sucked rear end

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I hope they don't follow the release schedule for the Wii and N64 VC when they added those where they dropped a handful at launch and now add maybe one game every couple of months

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Patter Song posted:

New Kirby 3DS game.

I haven't yet played Triple Deluxe, but I want to. Is it good?

It's real good and makes some clever use of 3D.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

There's a big ol' sale in the NA eshop right now on the second season of the Sega 3D Classics line including Outrun and Gunstar Heroes. Sale ends on April 4th though so maybe wait a few days until the new reward program kicks in before you grab them

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I can't wait until tomorrow when I finally have a new Nintendo account system to complain about

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Does anyone know if redeeming a game from a My Nintendo code like Mario 64 earns you additional gold coins? Asking because that was the case with Club Nintendo.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Happy to see Kirby's Dreamland 2 dropped from the price of a cup of coffee to the price of a slightly cheaper cup of coffee

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

SRM posted:

Just finished Twilight Princess HD. Confusing Ganondorf with the fishing rod and then hitting him repeatedly is a hell of a dominant strategy.

The greatest strategy is wearing the iron boots so that you continue wearing them in the following cutscene complete with clunking sfx

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Slur posted:

They have the processing power with the N3DS now. I don't see why they don't just put the GBA library there now.

The VC trickle has been an issue for literally a decade and I don't see why they'd stop now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Amppelix posted:

On the NX, there will be a virtual console and it will be the greatest VC ever, on day 1 it will have all of the previous two VC's games. I am very confident this will happen

I too am confident in this and that they won't tease out a release of Super Mario Bros 3 for months