Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Dehry posted:

DSTWO and some of the R4i flashcarts were blocked according to GBATemp.

DSTWO is already updated. Seems like a fairly pointless update. To be fair to Nintendo they have been fairly successful in blocking most other flash carts out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aussies get the short end of the stick when it comes to digital releases - Nintendo doesn't let devs release their stuff here without an OFLC rating, which costs dozens of times more than the equivalent ratings for other regions despite having a much smaller population, so a lot of indies just skip releasing their games in AU/NZ altogether. That being said, you can just change your region to the UK or a Euro country and get access to the full PAL store (with cheaper prices to boot).

In Cave Story's case, the game hasn't been released in PAL territories at all, primarily because the publisher sucks balls.

I live in Australia and I still don't understand this argument. According to here: http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/Industry/Journey/CGnonA/Step3.aspx it would cost a couple of thousand at most to get a game classified. That doesn't sound too much for most companies wanting to distribute a game. That aside, indie games without Australian classifications are sold on Steam, iOS and Android Play all the time. We don't get the Xbox indie service yet we get thousands of unclassified games across PC, iOS and Android.

Yeah our classification system is pretty stupid but I think perhaps it is being used too often as an excuse to mismanage an Australian release.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Always Pounds, and I'm starting to wonder if I can set my region to UK after the fact, even though I've already bought some things with my region (properly) set to Germany. Knowing Nintendo, I probably can't even change it anymore.

This will vary with currency apparently. The prices tend to convert to a higher value for me in GBP over Euro into Australian dollars. It's only slight but euro tends to be cheaper. Euro < Pounds <<<< AUD

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

At what time does the EU shop update? I want to play Fire Emblem.

Yeah tell me about it... 3 more weeks. Gotta love pointless delays.

Harmoknight is releasing today too yeah? The demo was a fun little thing so I think I might get that.

I think the shop gets updated sometime in the next 3-4 hours.

jtm33 fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 28, 2013

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Sorry if this is a stupid question but why don't they use the US version?

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Luigi U is up on the AU eShop, or so I'm told. File size is ~750MB.

It's up on the Europe one too. 20 Euro.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
What time does the Europe eshop usually update? I know the shop is updated whenever I check Friday local time but if it is not too late I might stay up and play a bit of Ace Attorney. I am UTC+11 though so maybe not...

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Wark Say posted:

I'm pretty sure the NOA release for DeSu:OC has no such bugs and that the bugs occurred due to Ghostlight monumentally cocking-up whatever localization they had put together.

Don't worry about the bugs in the European version, there is a patch that fixes it. I am guessing on the eShop version you will need to download it, then check the eShop for updates and install it.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

It should update around midnight, maybe a little later. Bear in mind that you have to manually close/reopen the eShop for the storefront to refresh.

Sounds good then; might get a bit in before sleep.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Bit of a long-shot but is anyone here using a European NNID set to their 3DS and using a card issued outside of Europe?

After about 5 years of successfully using my Australian cards on the Ireland Eshop they no longer work. I last used it probably 4-5 months ago, I can't remember exactly.

My 3DS is stuck on the Ireland Eshop now so I guess I have to make do with buying Euro codes online. I guess I can be thankful the system is near the end of its life and it won't hit my wallet too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

while I am a filthy american, at least double check that your own bank isn't blocking the charges for some reason. they like to do that sometimes, especially for international purchases.

Huh... I woke up this morning to several SMS messages asking me if I tried to make purchases from Nintendo of Europe. Never seen that one before! They blocked it on both of my cards and sent the SMS messages 8 hours later.

Banks are weird.