Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA's Wii U VC games for this week; Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Wii), Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (DS)

Oh neat the bizarre Mario Basketball game with Final Fantasy characters. Is it actually any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

In Training posted:

I wonder if interest in the NES Mini is going to spur more older game companies to produce Mega Man IX style releases

I really hope not, MM9 was kinda mediocre and while MM10 was better it still suffered from them trying to pull the 'MM2 nostalgia' card again.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The batteries leaked. It's a good idea to remove batteries from electronic devices if they're not going to be used for a long period of time.

For cleaning just wear gloves and use a toothbrush to get rid of the big stuff. After that look up battery acid cleanup or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SylvainMustach posted:

Bunch of sales on the Wii u e shop.

Nothing all that incredible but the Kirby Wii game is worth 10 bucks.

Lego Jurassic park and batman are also ten bucks. Are either of them worth a play?

Lego games are all pretty solid but with the exception of Dimensions (which is only on console and should be played on PS4) the PC versions are far better and much cheaper.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The Machine posted:

This is loving infuriating. Japanese or no, I would buy every one of these on the US eshop.

Hey if you wanted to hack your 3DS and :filez: them onto the console you could. They just won't work since SFC games just seem to immediately crash and force a reboot on US consoles.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Why is there three buttons?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

For TG-16 games are there any discounts for games you previously owned on the Wii? I wouldn't mind getting Bomberman 94 on Wii U so I got restore points because i'm absolutely terrible at Bomberman but I want to keep playing it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, we don't even know if SMB1 or anything will be on it at launch and it comes out in less than two weeks.

Remember how it took them until after releasing SMB2 to put SMB1 on the eShop? Or how they delayed the release of SMB3 as some special event and still managed to fail at releasing it when they said they would?

Good Times.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Wonder what possessed them to release goddamn World of Goo on the Switch. Didn't that game originally come out for the Wii? Unless they're adding new content I really don't see the point.

Then again they're also putting Little Inferno out again so clearly we just need to reinforce that most of the games on launch are available elsewhere or are ports of old poo poo.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sweet, they'd better not do any stupid poo poo with the Virtual Console then.

I wanna legitimately buy Akumajo Densetsu and Famicom Disk System versions of games instead of dealing with gimped US ports.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lest we forget Super Mario Galaxy 2 coming with an instructional DVD on how to play the game.

Wait that was real? I always thought that was just a Mega64 joke.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I'm surprised they're even bothering with TG-16 on Wii U.

Especially now that its officially dead, they didn't even bother with it on 3DS except for like... 3 games in Japan only?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Fremry posted:

For all of the lovely things that lovely companies do, this seems like the most forced moral outrage I've seen in a while.

Yes, especially since that happened 2-3 years ago.

Bringing it up like its current is just desperation.

Most of the things that spurred from that event was forced.

Back on topic, Sonic Mania was the most fun i've had playing a new game in years and other than a few minor glitches i absolutely recommend it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

A double shame since that would have been a quick and easy way of playing the Japanese version of 3 that didn't have all those dumb changes.

Sonic 3 would have been nice just so the whole trilogy was complete, but we all know that unless its a straight port it isn't happening.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

Announced in the Direct that Hamster's Arcade Archives will be releasing Nintendo's old games. That's pretty rad! Shame the legal issues around the code mean we won't get Donkey Kong but :shrug:

DK Jr is under that same issue isn't it?

But lets be honest this is all worth it so we can finally get proper re-releases of Sheriff and Radarscope

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

The contractors that programmed the arcade version of Donkey Kong, Ikegami Tsushinki, sued Nintendo over ownership of the game's code in the early 80s and it was eventually settled out of court. The "Original Edition" Donkey Kong that was available promotionally was actually the NES version with the missing level hacked back in rather than an arcade port, and the version in DK64 was presumably recreated from scratch by Rare.

If they managed to recreate it from scratch holy poo poo its pretty much on point.

But this doesn't explain all those machines with DK, DKJr and Mario Bros that had to have been made after the 80s.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

While $8 probably isn't worth it for original Mario Bros, I will say that at the very least the Arcade version is miles better than the lovely NES one. Jumps don't feel so... stiff.

But still just emulate it instead, its a novelty and not much else unless the arcade archives have some special options/regional switches they're really not worth it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

How many stores even sell Wii games anymore? I never see them anymore unless they're in the bargain bins.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol my local Walmart still sells new Wii games (Mario kart and all stars at least). They also have brand new copies of the ps2 gta compilation.

I think every walmart still has those.
My old Walmart before I moved had Samurai Warriors 3 and Metroid Other M... for full price. :cawg:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Rirse posted:

The best Monopoly is still this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNctqf6DmI

Actually pretty sure the best one is the one the Command & Conquer guys made.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The Fire Emblem Warriors DLC still doesn't have a release date set does it?

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if it just suddenly releases like the last one did randomly in the middle of the month.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The lack of needing items or being forced into using a single lovely character (curse all those stages that forced me to use ruto or agatha :argh:) are really what's endearing FEW to me more than Hyrule Warriors. If it werent forcing me to replay older stages to get a single item i ran out of to unlock everything or play the drat levels in the first place I probably wouldn't have burned out on the 3DS version before the Link Between Worlds content came out. But they won't add a fix in for that or some way to make giant bosses less of a general pain in the rear end

Needing to play the story and all the adventure content again that I already finished (twice over in regards to the base adventure map, at that) from the start is not endearing me to it, though I wouldn't be surprised if they add even more DLC. Though honestly I'd rather get more DLC for Fire Emblem instead, its content seems so much less tacked on and more stuff is coming off of it which is always nice.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

One thing I really appreciate in FEW over HW is that things like the gold/exp up skills and the speedier attack skill aren't tied down to weapons. Meaning you don't have to waste valuable weapon skill slots on those when you're trying to grind up your characters.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Someday I’ll rent FEW to go through the campaign but I don’t think I’ll ever need another Warriors game after Hyrule. That game has too much loving content.

If they got rid of having to replay stages for items or replay them because of the Termina time limit it'd make the grind that much less painful. Though considering it was already less arduous in Legends so maybe Definitive will be even less restrictive.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Takoluka posted:

They just went for the most popular and accessible, which is probably the best idea for their opening gambit.

This is true, but now that the first round of DLC seems to be wrapping up tomorrow or next thursday it would be really cool if they made a second set and did Blazing Blade (Hector Dammit, we need more Axe users) and Gaiden/SoV (I dunno, Valbar? Alm obviously.) After that it'd have to be a toss up as to whether it'd be Ike/Roy time or if they adknowledge Judgral or Sacred Stones instead, its not like these characters don't have voices now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I thought the Fire Emblem Warriors DLC was supposed to be out today? Is it just too early or did they screw up and put 3/28 when they meant 3/29?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

That's pacific time no doubt.

9-10PM it is then. :(

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I did not expect the "Retro spin-off" to be so... in-depth.

Then again Mighty/Gal Gunvolt Burst was pretty nice. And Inti knows their stuff so long as its not MM9.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Spellman posted:

Virtual Boy Wario Land (on its original hardware)

Don't make people spend a fortune for a system that only has like 5 games worth talking about when emulating it works perfectly in this regard.

That being said its not like i haven't played VB Wario Land on original hardware, but that hardware is 23 years old and doesn't work great.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Some of the puzzles in WL8 suck and the Golf game can gently caress right off but otherwise its got nice graphics and a unique system for level progression.

I wouldn't mind another game like it, though WL2 is better honestly.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Spoderman posted:

It's kind of bland. Don't go out of your way to play it

That being said, if you can run dolphin on your computer absolutely go and play it cuz its still kinda fun even if its the weakest game treasure ever made.

Also, the pause screen music is great. Especially since if you leave it open for 50 minutes you get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwlDW7oVJ4&t=3026s

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 5, 2018

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I preferred the 3DS version of Smash to the Wii U version.

Having that more reigned in classic mode and smash run as opposed to gimmick city, 8-player battles in single player and that godawful smash tour mode definitely helped, the fact that the Wii U version seemed to feel more like a strange expansion of brawl didn't help its case (I liked brawl but i didn't want half of the sequel to be recycled from it.)

'You could maybe argue regarding multiplayer but I don't get any enjoyment from playing against people with better internet than me.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

Y'all should still be playing Octopath and Captain Todd anyway.

Captain Todd is great.

He's been finding so many new systems to port skyrim to.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

All for those amazing Kracko graphics.

Star Allies gets major points just for bringing back Gooey and Adeline/Ribbon though, its just so chock full of neat stuff, I only wish guest star mode was a bit shorter or more remixed since playing the same levels constantly does get old.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

In skylanders case I think its more like the third/fourth game that sent it all overboard.

Disney's flooding of the market for their second game is what sent it overboard.

Lego got its game cut short because of the Toys-to-Life market imploding right as it was in its second year of content, which is a drat shame because it took the toy part to heart and we got tons of characters that wouldn't see figures otherwise from it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I tried getting back into the eShop Picross games but since Konami put out their picross game on mobile I can't get used to the controls and having the X's fill in automatically helps so much.

Though that one does have some drat tough puzzles and no way to get hints since that button is effectively broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

elf help book posted:

I bought Kemono Friends Picross but then like 2 days later Konami put out a free phone picross and I've been playing that instead.

I've been loving that but now I'm stalled out at like 62% because the hints don't seem to work. And a lot of these puzzles don't have any clear starting points I can easily jump from.