Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If that Pacman set includes Pacmania I'll be all over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Whoa NSLU is THIS week?! Christ I need to get a copy of NSMBU now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I can do the first boss in Sonic 2 on the Master System with my drat eyes closed but I've never cleared it on the Game Gear version.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I stumbled up the Yumeria anime years ago. So I just barely recognized Neneko though I could not remember from were until I looked her up.

Wow if you're going to something like Yumeria to flesh out your roster then things are really getting bad.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The PAL eShop outright says it'll be up at 4pm. So about 20 minutes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's £7 in Europe.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The T posted:

Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast would like a stern word with you.

Sonic Spinball would kerbstomp Sonic 1. Better game, better music.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The T posted:

So you're going to be in the Spinball race then.

It's a better game, I never said I was any good at it.

gently caress The Machine.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

I heard that the VC Earthbound is a perfect port- no music has been removed due to copyright. Did they even change Pokey's name to Porky?

Nope, it's Pokey.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

For some reason I bought Xevious on the 3DS eShop a couple of days ago and I'm kinda surprised by how much I've been playing it. Are there any similar games I could buy? I was thinking of getting TwinBee next.

Also it is insane how catchy Xevious' three seconds of constantly looping music is

E: Thanks!
vvvvvvvvvv

Xevious really is one of those shooters I should grab for portable play. You should also check out Star Parodius on the Wii VC which is based off Twinbee but with the weird cranked way up.

I really want the iPhone ports of Kenta Cho's shooters to come to Wii U.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Flipnote 3D is available on the JP 3DS eShop right now! Nintendo Japan released a Nintendo Direct Mini that covers the interface and all the new/improved tools, as well as the differences between the free and paid online services:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8X7GrnfuGA

It'll be out in NA/PAL-land next week, assuming NOA/NOE sticks to their own schedule.

EDIT: while I'm here... NA is getting Picross e2 tomorrow, and both regions are getting Picross e3 next month.

Thank god, I just finished up e1's puzzles and was getting the shakes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

elf help book posted:

On Android, I really like Nonomatic.

Nonomatic is good but a lot of the puzzles are really freaking easy and way too many of them are just symmetrical.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Something the first person fighting has really made me want now is the Phantasy Star games on the Wii U VC. I wasn't a fan of it for a long time but when you really adjust to it it's great not having to sit through all kinds of animations and having the battles go faster.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Wii U eShop has gotten a little makeover for Pikmin 3's release.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kirby's Dream Land 3 just in case you haven't spent enough on the eShop lately.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WorldWarWonderful posted:

Not often, and I've only seen it on third party titles. I've only seen three retail titles go on sale - Soul Hackers, RE: Revelations, and currently Code of Princess.

In Europe Virtue's Last Reward got a permanent price cut, and older games tend to have a lower price when they're first put onto the eShop. Hence Bit.Trip Saga for £18.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BKPR posted:

If I were to buy one of the Game Gear Sonic games, what'd be my best option?

Buy something else. And I say that as someone who loves both Master System Sonic games. They tried to use too big a sprite so you can barely see poo poo coming up ahead. If you are dead set on a Game Gear Sonic though Triple Trouble is probably the "best".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HARVEST MOON! HARVEST MOON! HARVEST MOON! Oh man and Cloudberry Kingdom's out this week too!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also every review I've seen of Cloudberry Kingdom says its frustrating and badly designed.

Still, Harvest Moon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So if I have BoF3 on the Wii VC and haven't played it yet should I rock through that when I have some free time and not worry about BoF2, because everyone seems to be saying it's the better game. Or at least that 2 has some pretty big problems.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

BoF3 was a Playstation game so there is no way you have it on Wii VC.

Huh, I know I have a BoF game on Wii VC. I figured it couldn't be 2 because a game that was on Wii VC and is coming to Wii U VC really isn't that big an announcement.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ROTK4/Galaga are both the US versions. Incidentally, I don't think ROTK4 was ever released on the PAL Wii VC, which if I'm not mistaken makes it the first third-party Wii U VC release that isn't a retread of something from the old catalogue.

It wasn't, what is it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you have 150 coins and don't buy Mario Golf I'll be very disappointed in you. Also Nintendo had better get that poo poo to Europe soon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't think you read their post correctly.

No he didn't. I was going to say I'd punch people in the face if they didn't get Mario Golf but that would've been unduly mean.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I just looked at the 3DS eShop and SMB2 is up as well (£4.49) as Steamworld Dig (£8).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

katkillad posted:

I don't care what anyone says, I'm a grown rear end man and I'm going to buy at least one of those Pokemans from Gamestop to try it out.

I'm buying them too. They'll look great with my Skylanders.

I have a problem.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Surprise, Wii U dudes! You're getting a Wonderful 101 demo today! Should be up in around 30m-1hr.

IT IS A WONDERFUL DAY!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is hitting the EU eShop next week for €15.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

greatn posted:

I had no idea Splinter Cell was coming out this week. Please, please be good. How could the series go so far downhill after Chaos Theory? I really want a new Splinter Cell that's good!

At least color me surprised that they actually cut ten dollars of the price since they didn't include coop mode.

It's apparently quite good, like they went back to the Chaos Theory notes and went from there.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Didn't they hack online into the Wii VC release of Super? There is precedent and its kinda lovely that they'd take a step backwards.

No, maybe some homebrew person did but the VC releases never had online.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Original_Z posted:

You guys think the Bit Trip Saga game is worth 5 dollars? Never played a bit trip game before.

Yes. Bit Trip is worth $30.

Also gonna get Giana Sisters when I get paid next.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rayman at loving last, and only £2 more than Game want for the physical version.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I've heard that TNT Racers is supposed to be kinda decent. Might look into that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Minidust posted:

Are you limited to the orignal GameBoy buttons, or does the VC emulation allow you to map the flippers to the 3DS shoulder buttons? That would be neat.

I think on the VC you can map the buttons to whatever you want on a game by game basis.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Holy poo poo MMX finally.

About loving time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

So that's what, fifty euros for Wii Sports plus some online features? That seems stiff.

I will play the poo poo out of online Wii Tennis.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

greatn posted:

Maybe you just have to have it connected. The system knows what controllers are connected.

Yeah Wii Fit won't function without the board, so you'll likely be able to download it and start it but not actually do anything. However for right now it's not too difficult to get a balance board for cheap.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

greatn posted:

Would I have to go to Ebay for that?

Not necessarily, my local Game has a stack of used ones they were selling for £10-15 recently.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Who'd buy FIFA when Inazuma 3 is out anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pyrovile posted:

When these come out everyone with a Wii U should get RUSH, it's such a great puzzle game and that price it's a steal.

I was gonna say this, Toki Tori 1 is pretty drat great too. The eShop must be working for Two Tribes if they're porting a load of old stuff over.