Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Should be noted that the only Sonic game isn't the 3D Sonic 1, its the Game Gear version.

$3.49 on sale for the goddamn Game Gear version of Sonic 1, hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Fix posted:

Are... are you having a stroke?

place to

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What's so great about DK94?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

planetarial posted:

Fyi if you guys are a bit short on coins for something you want, download these games. 3DS: Pokemon Bank, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Steel Diver: Sub Wars Free version, and Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai Demo. WiiU: Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2. All of them are free and give you coins, but the last three (Jett, Chronicles, Zen Pin) only give out coins for post play surveys. All together its about 75 coins, so it might be a big help in giving you one last push towards what you want or getting Plat status.

Thanks! Got 55 coins coming my way.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I've been deliberately very careful with my money recently

you don't say...

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ddogflex posted:

Will the reward lists for coins change come April too? Any reason to hold off on spending my coins? I'm waffling between Dr Luigi and Earthbound currently. Neither of which I'm super excited about, but hey, free.

Only reason to hold off would be if something you're thinking of spending coins on ends up as an elite reward.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I just got an email for 2015 platinum gifts and it includes:

3DS
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf World Tour
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros 2
New Yoshi's Island
Ultimate NES Remix
Crashmo
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive!
Pushmo
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
LOZ Oracle of Ages
LOS Oracle of Seasons
The Mysterious Murasame Castle

WiiU
DKC Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Punch-Out!!
Pushmo World
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Advance Wars
Legend of Zelda
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Metroid Fusion
Mario Bros The Lost Levels
Super Mario Kart
Wario Ware Inc Mega Microgames
Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3

Did your post get lost in the mail for 2 weeks?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

i'd imagine if you can pay $10 to join an online forum you can afford to live in a place that isn't the size of a janitor's closet

lmao

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

gently caress. I literally bought Shantae for the 3DS like the day before the Humble Bundle started. :saddowns:

There was no way to predict this.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Gunman Clive is cool it has a duck mode and was only $2.

I got it in the humble bundle and it has a duck mode, so I liked it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here it is, the must-have eShop game of 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5xc8JCazI

Did you mean to say 1998?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hmmmm... does nintendo sell any games for exactly $5?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I was going to say Kirby's Return to Dream Land isn't on VC, but I guess I missed it. It is.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I just bought all the my nintendo 3ds themes because I don't know what the hell else to use the coins for (already got Warioware and Zelda picross)

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I got the Bravely one too even though I've never played any game related to that. Let me spend these coins on good poo poo, nintendo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Fremry posted:

I already have like 2,500 coins, so I think I'm going to get Zelda Picross. How is it? I've never played a picross game before, but watched a video of the gameplay for the pokemon one.

It seems like it's kinda like Sudoku only with filled/not filled instead of 1-10.

it was my first picross game and I now have a picross sickness eating my brain (I liked it and now I can't stop consuming picross)

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hahaha

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

sorry that sonic is more famous than your friends dude

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

I was making a joke.

Apparently I made it very badly given that so many people have interpreted it as actual outrage, but still. Just a joke.

don't try to backpedal, you're extremely mad that sonic is treated with the respect he deserves on twitter

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Spigs posted:

Got so excited when I saw Mario RPG and than equally as depressed when I realized it wasn't for 3DS. I just want to play my favorite game from my childhood while stuck on the train for my commute. Is that too much to ask Nintendo?

Bring your Wii U on the train.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

statement from nintendo: "we hate zoe quinn, and all women everywhere"

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 30, 2016

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

And More posted:

I'm fairly sure he claimed that they'd add new games once the old ones disappeared. :mad:

Frankly, it's really weird that they completely remodelled the loyalty program only to give up almost immediately. Miitomo died off pretty quickly, and it seems like MyNintendo is following suit since the platin coins are basically pointless without a decent reward. Nobody's actually buying those lame 3ds themes, right?

I bought the lame themes just to spend coins, and they didn't even put up more lame themes today.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Back in the day, if you went to a restaurant and ordered a soda, they would bring you a soda. If you asked for a refill, they would give you a refill and charge you for another soda. Someone, somewhere had the brilliant idea of offering free refills. This was a popular idea and caught on. Here we are, years later, and everywhere you go, you get free refills.

Nintendo still wants to charge for every soda.

Next time I go to a restaurant that charges me for a refill, I'm going to tell them they're acting just like nintendo.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy is doing 15% off eShop cards with Pokemon Sun/Moon preorders: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/dotd-pokemon-offer/pcmcat748302046584.c?id=pcmcat748302046584

They also have Pokemon RBY for 20% off ($8): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-pokemon-20160727

Anyone else not able to purchase RBY? I've ordered twice, once with paypal, once with credit card, and both times they canceled the order and said they couldn't verify my info.

edit: gently caress it, amazon price matched https://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Red-Version-Digital-Code/dp/B017WJY65Q/

Breadallelogram fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 28, 2016

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The character selection in that game is actually amazing.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I got the first one through club nintendo and it gets very frustrating so I put it down after a few hours.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

ANIMAL CROSSING PICROSS?!?!?!

now I'm even more disappointed in My Nintendo

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

How was that puzzle implemented in the Virtual Console release, by the way?

touch gamepad to television

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

parallelodad posted:

I just wish I had more limbs. Like I could be some kind of Octo dad.

Hey your name is too close to mine so I demand you leave this website.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

I personally am sad Miiverse is going away, yes.

Nintendo is not required to keep a service running, you are not allowed to be sad about it :jivjov:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

Fun story about my username...when I was like 6 or 7 years old, I wanted to sign up for the LEGO.com newsletter fan page thing, and "Jason" was obviously already taken as a username...so I made something up that started with J...and I've been jivjov ever since.

Wow, you just triggered that same lego.com memory for me... can't remember what I ended up with as my username though.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

Do you remember the old Bionicle point and click game? That poo poo was legit.

I don't think I ever played that. I was mostly into rock raiders and their knockoff Indiana Jones with my time on that website.

However: http://www.templar.com/games/mnog/Player.html

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

How is paranautical activity still being released on new systems?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AxeManiac posted:

didn't the dev go crazy on steam, I recall some drama. But that fan art logo is REALLY bad. That alone should warn people.

How anime is Ys? I want a good action RPG but can do without bad anime stuff.

I think he posted a death threat about Gabe Newell lol

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It was like 2014 or 15 I think, but your point still stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

One of these years I gotta grab a New 3DS XL before they get discontinued.

They have some up on the nintendo refurbished site for $150: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat50006&navAction=pop&navCount=3