Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nondevor posted:

So do you just walk in and say, "Hey I want to price match this game" and they look it up? I don't really do these things.

I have done it at two different wal Marts and a best buy and each time I had the Kmart ad loaded on my phone, asked to price match the game, had the "lol I didn't even know Kmart existed anymore" convo with the clerk and walked out with my cheap game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every single time I've done it I've said "rather be here than Kmart" when price matching. I live near a Walmart and a best buy and don't even know where the nearest Kmart is.

Also, stores need to move inventory. Selling you a game at 50% off still nets them some money and adds to the inventory total for the month, which is arguably more important at these prices.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bring the snes and gba poo poo to the 3ds already nintendo!! :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, but people don't seem to understand or care and just keep demanding Nintendo put out stuff they probably shouldn't.

I get what you posted. Ok, so they should wrap those gba games in a 3ds compatible emulator then, that would allow it to work like a normal 3ds game. Same with snes games

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of January 1):

Yes, the Slowpoke menu theme plays the Slowpoke reggae song.

Does wherever you're getting these from have a North American update?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sonic 2 and streets of rage II, please sega, PLEASE!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

There are so many missed opportunities on the 3ds. Any older fps, basically, older racing games, anything polygon based, can you imagine something like Descent on 3ds?

There are a lot of good opportunities that devs either are ignoring or are unaware of. This is why I really hope the homebrew scene takes off someday on 3ds, I want to see what awesome stuff gets ported to 3d.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a strange "promotion" happening in Japan right now:

Make sure Spotpass is activated in your system settings, then go to the eShop and search for "51105102" - it'll let you download some sort of sales app that's giving 40% discounts on the following games:

Batch #1: on sale until January 28

Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Animal Crossing
A-Train 3D
Phoenix Wright 1-2-3 Collection (<- includes English text)
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2
Little Battlers Experience - Danball Senki Wars
Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder
Dillon's Rolling Western
Azure Striker Gunvolt

Batch #2: on sale from January 28-February 11

Zelda - A Link between Worlds
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion 2
Sengoku Musou Chronicle 2nd
Super Robot Wars UX
Story of Seasons
Fantasy Life LINK!
Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder
Dillon's Rolling Western
Azure Striker Gunvolt

:( I'm guessing this only works on JP consoles?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kirios posted:

I don't have a 3DS until the New 3DS comes out and I still bought Link Between Worlds and Kid Icarus Uprising. How dumb am I?

That's smart moves (TM)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dial-up: the struggle is real

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is it out in the us? I couldn't find it last night

E: that answers that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, hi, I just need to sneak by you to get to my carry on bag in the overhead compartment. You see, it's filled with special dolls that allow me to play games on my portable game system.

:downsclap:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

greatn posted:

They're putting out cards at some point in the future.

Yeah cause that's better

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I, too love dolls more than an adult should (which is not at all)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone link me to the beef jerky thread!

:tviv:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I just checked my account, PM me if you're curious how much I spent over a 3 year period. :v:

For once I'm not loving with you and thought there still might be a jerky thread.

But you should totally post your jerky W2

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

I probably will if there's new information to go off of, champ.

Get back to the 3ds thread and stop cheating on me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The most disappointing thing I have learned in a long time is that memes are copyrighted :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will sue you in meme court!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do the existing 3ds sega 3d classics give club coins for purchase and post play still?

I ask because they are digital only and it would be nothing for nintendo to flip the "give coins" switch. I just need 15 more coins to reach gold :negative:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

E: misunderstood, nevermind

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dubious posted:

Apologies if this is a repeat post:

Hope you dont want Earthbound for your reward, it's sold out.

Yep. A digital download is Sold Out.

The sold out digital download, copyright Nintendo™

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Out of the 3ds capcom games on sale I'd drop the $9 on RE Revelations before the others

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ugh just rgb mod your 64, buy a framemeister upscaler and run it to your TV jeez

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fremry posted:

"The Switch isn't a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS, it's a new product line." - Nintendo hedging their bets

They pulled the same thing with the GBA to DS transition.

They already quit making the Wii U, so no matter what the next console is it's replacing the Wii U

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm fairly sure Fallon is also a gamer irl, so it's likely he is genuinely stoked. I'm saying this having not watched the video, so :iiam:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, so, played it for a while and.......Mario run kind of sucks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah, its a phone game.

Not all phone games suck

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I just go into Mario games with a certain expectation for polish and control and it's just not there, at least not now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Have you been looking for a racist Wii U game? Well, your prayers to white Jesus have been answered

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you don't already have it, buy streets of rage 2 3D and never look back

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do we know yet if the Mario kart 8 dlc is going on sale tomorrow in NA as well?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Any word of a similar sale for NA?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Buy Sky force anniversary on the Wii U, great game!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is neo turf masters on Wii U VC? I don't have a switch but you guys are making me want to try the game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It works on the Wii U, so I imagine they'll make it work on the switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo: we still don't get how joysticks, the Internet, or connecting with others on the internet works

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Probably, but they sure didn't perfect it. Remember we're just a single generation away from 8-way notched joystick housings from Nintendo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They were terrible sorry bout your opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If people will still spend money on the Wii U why not? It's probably not challenging to port Wii games to it since it runs them natively. It's probably literally a repackaged ISO file.